- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the huge delay in getting this particular "episode" completed. Real life got in the way. Don't you hate when that happens?

I feel like this fell a little short, but I also feel that I've somewhat reached a nice ending point leading up to the next story I (kind of) have planned. It's still in an awkward stage, but I plan on having the first chapter up in the next 24 hours. I'd hate to keep you all waiting. Thanks again for the wonderful reviews! :D

In review: Jim was offered the corporate manager position, and because of a prank gone awry, Dwight thinks his computer is out to kill him.
INT – Break room of the office

Jim is sitting at one of the tables on his cell phone.

PAM (on the phone)
So Michael called me today.

JIM
Yeah?

PAM
I remember the words sex.

JIM
Yikes.

PAM
And penis.

JIM (makes a face of disgust)
Ugh!

PAM
I don’t remember very much of our conversation, actually. I’m sure it was highly intellectual and thought-provoking, but I kind of tuned out when he started comparing his and Jan’s sex life to a late night Skinemax special.

JIM
Wow.

PAM
Yeah. I had to change Michael’s name in my phone book to “The Terror”. So that I know not to answer when he calls.

JIM
At least you get a three-month reprieve from having him call you into his office to use as his own personal Dr. Ruth.

PAM
I guess I have to choose my battles. (They laugh.) So how was your meeting with Wallace?

JIM
Good… good.

PAM
Yeah?

JIM
Yeah… He, uh… he offered me Ryan’s old job in New York.

PAM
What did you say?

JIM
I told him I had to think about it. Talk about it with you first.

PAM
Oh… Well, what do you think about it? (Jim sighs.)

JIM TALKING HEAD
Well. Jan’s living with Michael. And Ryan is in jail, where he probably lives with a cellmate who weighs about 900 pounds and prefers to be called Daisy. So I think we all know that no good can happen to anyone in a corporate manager position. Besides, I promised myself that this was just a small, trivial out-of-college job, and that this would not become my career. Seven years ago.

INT – Office.

Holly is walking towards the front of the office, apparently on her way out. Kevin hesitates by his desk for a moment and hurries over towards reception to catch Holly before she leaves.

KEVIN
Hi.

HOLLY
Oh, hi Kevin. Are you going home now?

KEVIN
Yup.

HOLLY
Do you need help working the elevator?

KEVIN
No. I think I can do it. I use it pretty much everyday.

HOLLY
Ok, well just remember to press the down button to go downstairs, and when you walk into the elevator, hit the button that has the number 1 on it. That will take you down to the first floor. Can you remember that?

KEVIN
Yeah. Thanks.

HOLLY
You’re welcome, Kevin.

KEVIN
Hey, Holly-

Kevin is interrupted by Dwight, who takes a mace (basically a club with spikes) and literally slams the motherboard of his computer with it repeatedly while screaming. He finally calms down moments later, the motherboard in pieces at his feet.

DWIGHT (looks at Kevin and Holly who stare at him in shock)
You're welcome.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews make me want to write even more!!


Nightswept is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The Crush also liked 1265 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans