- Text Size +

It had been nearly 10 minutes, and Jim thought that maybe Pam had fallen asleep. Her breathing had steadied, and she had stopped running her fingers though his hair. Her head was buried in the crook of his neck, and he had his hand intertwined with her left hand, his thumb stroking her palm and the skin behind the new addition on her finger.

If someone had told Jim three years ago that this is where he would be in his life, he would have called them crazy. Never in his life did he think he’d find such a perfect match, let alone someone who he though he’d never get to be with.

Pam didn’t know this, but in the mornings when he was first to wake up, he’d spend a good 10 minutes just looking at her. Sometimes he’d wake up thinking everything was just a dream, but then he’d realize he’d never even moved from the position he fell asleep in-his arms around her, her body pressed close to his. On those morning, he’d pull away from her so she would lie on her back, and he’d just study her. Every perfect feature on her face, the way parts of her skin were red from being pressed up to him all night, the way her unruly hair looked so darn sexy.

This was what he had to look forward to, every morning, for the rest of his life. He was never really optimistic of his future, which was partially why he’d stayed at Dunder-Mifflin for so long. So many things had changed since Pam joined his life, and now he couldn’t wait to start on their future.

He was so absorbed in his thoughts that he barely heard Pam speak.

“Pam Halpert.” she said as she placed a wet kiss on his neck, and shifted to look at him.

Jim grinned at those words. “Mrs. Pamela Halpert” he repeated. “I love it.”

“Me too. I‘ve never said it outloud before.” She smiled widely.

“Jim Beesly.” he said while trying to hold a straight face.

Pam laughed and playfully slapped his arm. “You’re such a dork, Jim.”

“Hey, watch it. This dork has to put up with you for the rest of your life, so be nice.”

“Has to? I’d consider it a privilege.”

“Oh, I do.”

Pam leaned forward and rested her forehead against his, her arms moving up to hang around his neck. Jim’s hands rested lightly on her hips as he smiled at her.

“I want babies.” she said once their eyes locked.

Jim laughed for a second at her openness, then his expression turned serious, a look of intensity and pure adoration that Pam had only witnessed a few times. “So do I.” he whispered.

“You’re gonna be such a good daddy.”

Jim swallowed and tried to give her a smile. He moved his hands from her hips and placed them on either side of her face.

Never, ever, in his life did he imagine he’d be having this conversation with Pam. Sure, they both knew each other wanted kids, but they’d never talked about it so openly.

He was still having a hard time speaking, and managed to whisper back, “You think so?”

“Yeah. You’re so good with your niece and nephew. I can’t wait for you to graduate from ‘Uncle Jim’ and become ‘Daddy Halpert‘.”

“Daddy Halpert?” he let go of his seriousness for a second and let out a chuckle. “I could get used to that.”

“Well, you’d better get used to it, daddy, because I plan on making that title official just as soon as we get married.”

He stopped laughing. “Seriously?”

“Yeah. I guess I should have clarified…when I said I wanted babies, I meant I wanted babies really soon.”

“I’m OK with that…”

“Really?”

“Yeah, Mama Halpert.”

It was Pam’s turn to let out a chuckle. “That sounded like something you’d call your mother.”

“Ha! I guess you’re right.”

“Call me Mommy Halpert.”

“Mommy Halpert.”

Pam leaned forward and kissed him. Her arms tightened around his neck, and he sighed into her kiss.

-----------------------

10 minutes later, there they were, still in the stairwell, as if their whole lives hadn’t completely changed from just an hour ago.

Jim was sitting up against the wall, Pam still sitting sideways on his lap, head resting on his chest.

Pam took a deep breath, and spoke.

“Want to go home?”

“No, lets just stay like this for a little while longer.”

Chapter End Notes:
Ta-da! All done! I loved writing this story, and I'm so grateful for the reviews you've all written.

Thanks for reading!


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans