- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I said this story was done, but it is titled "Stairwell Confessions", after all.

Stairwell. 1:00.

Jim smiled as he plucked the post-it note off of his computer monitor. He was happy at the prospect of being able to spend some time alone with Pam-she’d been acting strange since they woke up this morning. No amount of emails or trips to her desk seemed to make her open up, and he became increasingly worried when she told him she wanted to take her lunch break alone. She’d taken their car, and he’d eaten his ham and cheese sandwich in the break room, alone and confused.

He sat down at his desk, trying to keep himself occupied until he was to meet Pam in the stairwell in 10 minutes. His patience got the better of him, and at 12:55 he made his way out to the hallway, and down the stairs.

Pam was sitting against the wall, her hands covering her face. When Jim rounded the corner and saw her, he frantically made his way down the rest of the stairs and knelt down in front of her.

“Pam, honey. What’s wrong?” He pulled her hands away, thinking she was upset, but instead, he was met by tears that were anything but sad. She had a huge grin on her face as he locked eyes with his wife.

“Sit down.” she coaxed.

Pam reached for his hand, and laced their fingers together as he took a seat next to her.

“Jim.”

“Yeah?”

“I have something to tell you.”

“Yeah, I kind of figured. What’s going on?” he turned to look at her, still slightly worried, but relieved she wasn’t upset.

“So…I went to the store on my lunch break.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. I had to buy something.”

“What?”

“A pregnancy test.”

The hand that had been absently rubbing Pam’s back suddenly stopped, as his eyes became wide and his breath stopped.

“No way.” he managed to breathe.

“Yeah.”

“NO WAY.”

“Yeah.” Their smiles were getting bigger with each word.

He didn’t dare ask, knowing the answer they both wanted so badly, but fearing it wasn’t true. But, why else was she so happy?

He swallowed before he spoke. “And?…”

Pam reached over to her side, her hand revealing a white pregnancy test. She gave him a smile as she handed it to him.

Jim took the test, but kept his eyes locked with Pam’s for a few seconds before looking at the results.

His eyes blurred with tears, as he laid eyes upon an unmistakable plus sign. He was going to be a daddy.

“Oh my God.” he said as he looked back at Pam.

“Yeah.”

“We’re having a baby.”

“Yeah.”

“You’re pregnant.”

“Yeah.”

“Oh my God." He was too stunned to say anything else. All he could do was wrap his arms around her, and place kisses all over her tear stained face as he tried to take it all in.

“I’ve kind of suspected for a few days now.” she said.

“And you didn't tell me?”

“I didn’t want you to get your hopes up, in case…you know. Plus, I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“Wow. How are you feeling? Can I do anything?”

She smiled as he placed his hand flat on her stomach. “No, I’m feeling pretty good. I’m not sure when the morning sickness and all that starts, but I’m sure you’ll have a few days to enjoy it, before I turn crazy.”

He laughed, “I think I’ll enjoy every minute of it.”

“Yeah, you say that now, but wait until I’m craving Chinese food in the middle of the night, and I make you go out and get it for me…even though there are no Chinese places open at 3 in the morning in Scranton.”

“Eh. We’ll manage.”

She placed her small left hand over his large left hand that was still resting on her stomach.

It was the prefect moment. They were both gazing down at her stomach, their rings and tears glistening under the soft florescent lights of the Stairwell Confession.

Chapter End Notes:
The End. Really.

Thanks for reading!



malaz85 is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked Stairwell Confessions also liked 2519 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans