- Text Size +
Katy is standing at Toby's shoulder, looking down at her nails.  "Damn it!  I just got a manicure before Jim kidnapped me."

Jim glares at her.  Pam looks at Jim questioningly.

"Katy," he says simply.  When the expression on her face doesn't change, he says, "Long story.  I'll explain later when we're not in mortal peril."

"Shut up!" Toby bellows.  When everyone falls silent he takes the opportunity to start monologuing.   "I've loved you ever since that day that Kevin told me you were available, Pam.  Every single day I watched you, hoping that one day you would notice me.  I even started drinking chai lattes because of you!  I did it all for you, Pam.  And when you started sleeping with Jim, I just couldn't take it anymore.  I know that one day I would make you mine."  He pauses momentarily.  "I just wasn't sure when that day would be.  Until I saw you in the Best Buy - "

"Circuit City," corrects Katy, now filing her nails.

" - Circuit City... then my whole plan came together."

Pam looks at him, disgusted.  "Michael was right about you the whole time."

He nods.  "Well, yeah."  He shrugs.  "Now, to finish what I started..."  He points the gun at Jim.

"Nooo!"  Pam yells, clutching Jim.  "You'll have to kill me first."

Suddenly Katy pounces on Toby, stabbing him in the arm with her nail file.  Jim takes the opportunity to try to seize the gun.  The two men struggle, and the gun goes off.  They look each other in the eye.  Uh-oh.

---
In the meantime, Andy is sitting in the conference room talking to Angela.  He is obviously distressed.

"But... but... we were so good together!" he pleads.

She shakes her head, and replies with the utmost insincerity, "It's not you, it's me."

~
Andy:  Angela dumped me.  She dumped me!  After all we've been through together.  And I was going to take her to my Here Comes Treble reunion show next weekend.  [he sobs into his hand]
~
~
Angela:  I just couldn't go through that again.
~

Dwight and Angela are in the breakroom, not making eye contact.  Again.  Dwight says casually, "So did you..."

"Yes, it's done."  She looks around.  "On to plan B."

Dwight smiles, still not looking at her, then a puzzled expression falls upon his face.  "Er... what's plan B?"

Angela smirks and turns to leave.  "You'll see."

---

Michael is talking to the police again.  "What now?"

"Well, sir, it seems that one of the coma victims has woken up."

"Really?  That's great!  Which one?"

"Mrs. Vance.  The only problem is that she is not talking.  She seems to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder."

Michael looks concerned.  "From whatever put her in the coma?"

"Yes.  Or whatever happened moments before that event, which has apparently caused major psychological damage."

Dwight is lurking outside Michael's door.  He hears bits of conversation and looks panicked.

Michael nods as if he knows what the cop is talking about.  "Have you had any leads on Jim?" he asks.

The cop replies, "Yes, we tracked Andy Bernard's plane to Costa Rica, so that's where he headed after allegedly kidnapping Miss Beesly."

~
Michael:  I can't believe Jim kidnapped Pam.  He always seemed so level-headed.  That's way over the top, in my opinion.  [he pauses]  I mean, Pam wasn't even the hottest girl he has dated.  She'd be like, third.
~

Phyllis is lying in her hospital bed with Bob Vance at his side.  Michael enters the room and clears his throat. Bob Vance glances at Michael, then stands up and kisses Phyllis on the forehead.  "I'll be right outside if you need me," he says.  He turns and exits the room, glaring ever so slightly at Michael on his way out.

"Hey Phyllis, how you doing?" Michael asks.

"I've been better," she mutters in return.

Michael smiles, but it's forced.  "So... the cops thought maybe if I talked to you I might be able to help you remember."

Phyllis turns away and whispers, "I don't want to remember."

"Okay.  Well.  I tried." He turns to leave.  "Hey, hope you feel better.  And don't worry about work for now.  We've got you covered until Monday at least."

"Michael!" Phyllis calls out as he reaches the door.

"Yeah?"

"Just... watch yourself.  You could be next."

He is about to ask her to elaborate when Bob Vance appears and says, "Is that all for now, Scott?"

"Uh, yeah.  See you later."  He leaves, but there is a look of disquiet upon his face.

---
Andy is in the kitchen, with his head down on the table.  Kelly walks in and sees him.  "What's wrong with you?"

"Angela dumped me!" he moans.

At first she looks at him with disdain, but then she perks up.  "You should be glad.  Angela is, like, a super-bitch.  You deserve better."

He raises his head and looks at her.  "You really think so?"

She smiles and nods, pulling up a chair next to him.  "I mean like she is so judgmental.  Who wants to deal with that all the time?  Besides, you're kind of cute, for a big huge preppy dork.  I'm sure there are loads of girls that would go out with you."

Andy smiles.

---
Back in the Costa Rican bungalow, Jim and Toby finally part as the gun drops to the floor.  Jim looks down and sees his shirt is covered with blood, and there is a bullet hole in his right side.  Pam screams.  Katy screams.  Toby screams. 

Jim drops to the floor, his eyes shut.

What will become of our hero?  Join us next time to find out.  Or whatever.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans