- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first fanfiction ever. I thought I would write what I knew. The Office. Jim/Pam. Cloverfield. And a combination of the three. Enjoy.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just setting the scene. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)
“Michael! You can’t just go and ask me to do all of this by the end of the hour!” Pam wailed.
“PAMALAMADINGDONG! Don’t you understand that the shower for my non-sperm baby must be perfecto?” Michael asked. “Do you not get that this is my baby?”
“But Michael,” Pam interrupted, “this technically isn’t your biological child. And you really can’t ask me to get 100 balloons, a helium tank, 200 pink and blue cupcakes, and someone who can play ‘Every Woman In the World’ on the trumpet in an hour! That’s too much. Can’t you ask Angela or Phyllis? I mean Phyllis threw a pretty kickass goodbye party for Toby last time. I think she should try her hand at this; Angela wouldn’t really approve.”
“Pam, Pam, Pam. You are a woman. And you have that woman’s intuition. Like a wintuition. See? Win-win-win!”
“But Michael…”
“End of discussion. It’s just, dammit Pam. Please. This is my only chance at getting back into Jan’s life. Just please help me.”

Pam knew that she couldn’t deny a man hopelessly in love. After all, she had Jim. She had a new summer internship in New York City. Everything was going right for her except for the fact that she would have to be apart from Jim for three whole months. Could she bear it? Probably, just as long as he came and visited her. Secretly, she wanted him to come with her. She didn’t know how she could just pick up and go to New York without him. They had only been dating for a little over a year and she couldn’t think of life without him for three months.

Pam slowly walked back to her desk in a downtrodden mood. She knew Michael’s request was too outlandish for her to complete in an hour. She thought of asking Phyllis, Angela, heck, maybe even Dwight. She finally passed on the huge task onto Dwight, knowing that Dwight would do anything for Michael.

As she saw Jim slowly walking up to her desk with his long yet strong forearms just set inside his pockets, she overheard Dwight begging Michael to play ‘Every Woman’ on his recorder. After all, as Dwight put it, “I play Air Supply to Mose every night to get him to sleep after the nightmares about the storm. Let me play it, Michael. Please?”

“Well, Beesly, what assignment did Michael give you this time,” the adorkable paper salesman asked.
“Ugh. Just to get him the most random things for a sperm baby shower. How’s your day going?” Beesly replied.
“Well, it was pretty boring until I got a call from David Wallace while you were in Michael’s office. He offered me a corporate position with perks.”
“So, what were these amazing perks?”
“There were a few conditions that I think you would like. One, I would have to live in New York to train for the job.”
“For how long,” asked Pam.
“Three months. Just during this summer and then the job would be a lot of traveling between the branches. Just checking up on all of them and seeing how their numbers will change from quarter to quarter.”
“Oh my God! That’s amazing! What did you tell him?”
“Oh, I turned it down,” Jim deadpanned. “What?!” “I got you, Beesly. Honestly, I think you’ll love what it had to offer.”
“Okay, Mr. Vice President. What are your glorious, amazing perks?”
“Whilst in New York City, I’d have a Corporate apartment near Columbus Circle. The bad part is that they want me to go up tomorrow for a long weekend to meet all the top execs before they technically give me the job. Wallace assured me that everything would be taken care of: hotel, dinner, even a Broadway show on Saturday and two tickets to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for an art show.”
“Oh my God! So, who are you going to take to the art show? I hear Kevin is pretty into the nudes lately,” Pam questioned.
“Yeah, I heard that too but I know of another person that loves all the art. Not just the nudes. I’m definitely taking Kelly,” Jim replied.
“Darn, have fun in a hotel room-”
“It’s a suite,” Jim interjected.
“I’m sorry. Hotel suite with Kelly all weekend.”
“Yes. Although I’m thinking that I should take you because for one thing, Kelly would annoy the shit out of me. And two, like Kevin, I’m only interested in one ‘nude’ for the rest of the weekend.”
“Jim! We’re at work.” Pam started to blush.
“Pam! You’re starting to sound like Angela. I know you are definitely not that innocent.”
“Yes, Mr. Halpert. You see through my mousy receptionist disguise so well.”

Jim looked at the clock. It read 4:53. “What do you say about getting out of here early to go pack for tomorrow morning? I’ll even pick up dinner before I get to your fancy new apartment.”
Pam’s stomach rumbled and grumbled. “That does sound promising. Be at my house at an hour? Is that enough time for you to pack, babe?”
Jim smiled. “Absolutely, it is.”
As Pam and Jim walked out the door, they heard Michael screaming “Dwight! Don’t you give up on my sperm baby shower too! I need this for me and my sperm baby!”
They laughed all the way to the car.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review. This is my first story. I'll take constructive compliments. And constructive criticism. ;)


MelissaKrasinski is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Best Night of Their Lives also liked 1568 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans