- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story starts off slowly and will build into a poetic smut filled orgasmic expierence. Please join me for the ride.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is only the beginning of their date. We overhear Jim break up with Karen. Jim starts to let Pam know how he feels about her.
I don't own The Office, but I love to write about PB&J

Preface: Only one caveat. Imagine Jim hadn’t broken up with Karen by a fountain in the city, but rather just left her there.
________________________________

They waited long enough already.

________________________________


Jim had just said the words “Then… it’s a date.” when he wrapped upon the door frame and disappeared. Pam’s eyes welled up with tears and she began to glow. She was feeling slightly self conscious in front of the camera. She bit her lip to stop herself from smiling to death. Her heart raced. It had never beaten so hard inside her chest. Everything changed in an instant. She was tingling from head to toe.

As she turned out of the door, there he was, swiveling in his chair. He finally swung facing her. He had a peaceful delighted smile on his face, but when he saw Pam grinning from ear to ear as she exited the conference room, he began to beam. He laughed out loud and just barely murmured the word “amazing.”

She recognized that smile. That was his pre-Karen grin. He wore it all the time back when they played office games and pranks together. She had missed that smile so much.

She walked towards him and asked “What time are you going to pick me up?” He scrunched his face, chuckling on the inside and delighted that she had made the second move. “How ‘bout seven Beasley?”

“Sounds great.” She responded.

His face changed slightly. Anyone could see the wheels were spinning fast in his head. There was so much to do. “Pam, can you forward my sales calls to my cell? I have a few things I need to take care of, and plans to arrange for this evening.”

“Well, I’d be glad to do that for you. What sort of pla...?”

Jim interrupted and said “I’ll pick you up at seven. Hope you have scuba gear!” Pam was dazed and confused from that last snark. It had rendered her speechless for a moment. In that moment Jim had grabbed his coat and was out the door. Seven o’clock couldn’t come fast enough, not even if she had a time machine.

She had been waiting… No…. they had been waiting for this for so long.

When she got home that evening she was so jittery. She hardly knew what to do with herself. She put her hair down, then up, then down again. She changed her clothes, thrice. The third outfit was the one she had been wearing earlier that day in the office.

She thought, maybe she shouldn’t get overdressed. He did say scuba gear afterall. She didn’t want to look flashy all of a sudden. Especially if they were going to go scuba?

She heard his foot steps coming up the stairs. She knew the sound of those feet anywhere. Pam walked hurriedly towards the door. She looked through the peephole as he knocked. His hands were behind his back and he was wearing the same suit she saw him in earlier.

He looked so handsome. He was staring at the floor and shuffling his feet. She opened the door and there he stood, smiling bright as ever, holding a bouquet of wildflowers he had picked for her in his outstretched hands. “These are for you.”

“Flowers? Jim… You didn’t have to get me flowers.” Pam reached for the bouquet and grazed his hand in the process. Pam let out a happy little sigh. Jim lit up immediately. He knew it was already going well and they hadn’t even set foot out the door yet. Those nerves he had been feeling started to fade a little.

He let out a breath like he had been holding it in forever. “Wow… So… I’m really glad you said yes.”

“I’m glad you asked. Let me put these in some water.”

Jim followed her to the kitchen. As she arranged the flowers in a vase she said “Can I ask what happened in New York?”

“Oh that.” Jim rolled his head from one side to the other as he said it. “The interview actually went really well. I made a good impression, cracked some jokes. I think it’s a lock.”

Pam’s facial expression changed in an instant. She had been smiling, elated that he had come back to Scranton to ask her out, and now to hear that he might get the New York job, her heart began to sink. Her face paled. Would he take it and leave her in Scranton? This was their first real date!

The corner of Jim’s mouth cracked, then the other took an up turn, into a full broad smile, letting her know that he was just kidding. They had gotten so used to not playing jokes on each other that she wasn’t able to tell that ‘Evolved Jim’ was pranking her.

“Beasley the look on your face just then was priceless. Thank you for that. No, really the interview was going well until…” he paused. The pause was big enough for Pam to prompt him to continue “Until?”

His eyes were glued to hers. She looked happy. She looked like she knew what he was about to say. “Until that note you had written fell out of my sales report and into my hands.” He wasn’t letting on what happened next. He fell silent, reading her eyes.

There had always been a connection between them. They knew each other so well. The smiles and eyebrow wrinkles that gave each other away, but this was all new. Every glance, every moment was full of anticipation as to what they would do next. They didn’t know each other in this light.

They let a silence fall between them.
They stood in Pam’s kitchen not three feet away from each other, just smiling and standing there. They had waited so long to be this close.

Just then Jim’s phone rang. Pam looked at the caller out of the corner of her eye. She spotted the name KAREN.
Jim looked down at the phone and then up at Pam. “This is gonna sound like a weird request… but can I take this call in another room? I… um… really should take this call in private. It’s just…I’ve been playing phone tag with … Um…”

Jim’s words were stumbling over each other. Pam quickly spoke up to let him off the hook. “Sure. You can take it in my bedroom.”

Not a second after it fell from her lips did Jim grin, “Thanks Pam.”

She had given him permission to go into her bedroom. What was she thinking? She hadn’t even given him a tour of her apartment, and now he would be seeing her bedroom for the first time, without her. What did he have to talk to Karen about anyway? She was confused as to why, but she instinctively knew he was breaking up with her. He wouldn’t have asked her out if he was still with Karen.

She paced in the living room, quietly trying to hear what he was saying through the door. She couldn’t help herself. She had to hear it. Her walls were thin but Jim was keeping his voice calm and low.

She held her breath as she listened. She could faintly hear him say “I’m sorry Karen… I know… I’m sorry… I just can’t be with you anymore… (silence) because I can’t deny my feelings for Pam. It wouldn’t be right for me to keep on pretending.” There was a cacophony of yelling through a wall and over a cell phone in the next room. “Karen… (silence) Karen (silence) Karen… I really am sorry. I have to go.” CLICK. His phone snapped shut.

He was standing in Pam’s bedroom. He had imagined it so many times before in his head. It was so similar in his dreams. There was a drafting table in the corner covered in pencils and sketches. Her bed had a purple quilt on it with a twisting wrought iron head board. Her sneakers were lying in the corner of the room.

Then his eyes found the dresser next to the bed. He walked around the bed to get a better look at what was on it. He could barely believe this his eyes. Tucked into the side of the mirror on the dresser was his high school year book photo. Sitting folded neatly under it was a paper dove from the office Olympics. Tucked into one of the paper folds of the dove, Pam had stuck a hot sauce packet.

He was elated she had kept those things so close. Those treasures would have been there right there as she awoke each morning and as she went to bed each night. He began to think perhaps she had been longing for him, as deeply as he had been longing for her.
__________________
Chapter End Notes:
I promised mature content and I will not let you down Jammers. Next Chapter will be posted soon and will contain yummy naughty bits.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans