- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim's creative wheels start turning...

“Hey.” Jim said as he walked up to Pam’s desk to grab a few jellybeans.

“Hey…” Pam replied, a little more seductively than was probably appropriate for work.

They shared a similarly seductive smile, Pam looking him up and down. Jim started to make his way back to his desk, but turned back to Pam suddenly. He leaned over the counter as he spoke.

“Alright, I just have to ask.” He said quietly. “Now that we’re…public, um, is the magic gone?”

“It’s funny you bring that up, because…yes it is.”

Jim cringed slightly, “I knew it. Ah, man. Just like that, huh?”

“I think…I mean, I don’t…I don’t know what it is, but…”

“Be honest.” Jim coaxed.

“I now find you…repulsive?” It wasn’t a question, but Jim knew what it meant.

“That’s honest.” He was trying hard not to hide his smile. He let out a breath of air before continuing. “Alright…fair enough.”

Jim tapped on her desk before making movements to head back to his desk, but turning his body back towards her again.

“It was really fun while it lasted though, wasn’t it?”

The word fun didn’t even do justice for how their courtship had been so far. She could think of a few other choice words…

“Eh.” Was all she managed to respond, holding back a smile.

“For me, it was…”

“Okay.” She said, expressionless.

“Alright.” He turned back to his desk, for the last time. Neither of them saw the dopey grins that they had on each others faces.

Jim sat down at his desk, and thought about what had just happened. He knew they were joking, but he wanted to prove to Pam, to make 100% sure, that the magic was most definitely not gone.

The wheels in his head started turning, as he pulled out a piece of paper, and began to write.

----------------------

Jim got up from his desk at 3:00 to head off to his sales call, giving Pam a wink and a smile as he walked past her and headed out the door.

Once outside, he practically ran to his car, shoved his jacket and bag into the front seat, and raced to the grocery store, making it in record time.

He really didn’t have a sales call, he just told Pam he did. He needed some extra time to get things ready for tonight.

Chapter End Notes:
I had originally intended for this to be one chapter, but time constraints have forced me to make it multiple chapters. Stay tuned...it's going to get so much better!

I'm making myself giddy with anticipation of what is to come...hopefully you feel it too.



malaz85 is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked The Magic Is Most Definitely Not Gone also liked 1468 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans