- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story has the same format that Damages. I hope you like it.
January 28, 2009 6:14pm
“What’s her name?” A tall man in a white coat demanded in a hurry before the wheels of the gurney every hit the floor.

“Pamela Beesly. She was found fully clothed in her bathtub.”

“Trauma one.” He helped steer the gurney in the right direction. “What happened to her?”


August 14, 2008 11:46am
The smile on her face covered from cheek to cheek every time she glanced down in her lap to nice shiny silver band and modest diamond that rest lightly on her finger. Her head would quickly snap up to see Jim focused on his computer with a smirk on his face as if he had been reading her thoughts at that moment.

It had only been three whole days since she insulted his courage and after a million accusations about what the perfect moment might be like he dropped to one knee right in front of her while she sit on the couch. “I’m trying to ask you to marry me and you’re watching a movie?”

“I’m not even sure I want to get married anymore. You’ve made me apathetic towards the whole intuition.” She said with a stone cold face internally applauding herself for pulling off this kind of mock-seriousness. “After you said you were going to propose you didn’t and since then it’s been haunting me. Look, even right now in the movie. He’s telling her that they should get married.”

“Oh, you’re going to marry me” He said standing up looking directly in to her eyes. “You… will… marry… me…” His hands reached for her before she was able to climb her way off the couch. His fingers extended and tickled her most vulnerable areas. “You’re going to marry me, Pam.”

“No I’m not.” She chanted over and over again with what little air could escape her lips in between all the laughing. Her legs kicked everywhere and her hands tried to swat him away but the ripples of the chuckles throughout her body made her weak.

“I think you are.” He continued for only a few more minutes before his fingers were replaced with kisses and by morning he had the ring panted perfectly in place on her finger.

“I’ve got the listings.” He came up to her desk breaking her concentration on her own thoughts.

“What?”

“For the apartments…”

“Oh right. When do we leave?”

“I told Michael we’ll be leaving during lunch and probably won’t be back today. After a few inappropriate jokes about crimsoning every room he said it was fine.”

“So by lunch do you mean now?”

“I am just that awesome.”

January 28, 2009 6:34pm
“This place is a mess!” One suit said to the other. Looking around every picture frames were broken and face down on the floor. Each cupboard had been opened leaving the kitchen floor a pile of broken glass. The clothes were ripped from the closet and pulled out of the drawers. Some of them ripped apart. Boxes from under the bed were pulled out and dumped on the ground. The only trail left on the floor was from the bed in to bathroom and was coaxed in blood. The only thing in the entire apartment left in this place was a handful of wedding invitations sitting on the living room table. “She was getting married in two weeks?”

“I guess. There was no ring on the victim’s finger.”


August 14, 2008 1:48pm
“This is it!” She repeated over and over again turning to her side to grab Jim’s hand with both of hers and jumping up and down. “This is our place.”

“Are you sure?” His eyes lit up with her enthusiasm.

“Now I know the lighting seems a little dull but we can replace the bulbs. You can paint and decorate however you want as long as you have your plans in writing.” The landlady kept talking looking directly at Jim without ever once glancing at Pam. She had a smile on her face that made Jim look towards Pam every few minutes just for reassurance.

“Can we have a minute please?” She spoke up pulling herself closer to Jim but was completely ignored by the quite beautiful woman who was focused on her fiancé. The second pasted by quietly before she finally pulled him in to the bathroom practically slamming the door on the lady’s face when she decided to follow.

“That…is why I’m not sure this is the right place for us.” He closed to the lid to the toilet before sitting on it taking both her hands in to his.

“Tempted?”

“Not even a little bit.” He pulled her arms until they were wrapped around his shoulders running slightly down his back. She leaned down and what was supposed to be a small simple kiss turned in to a deeper make out session until there was a loud knock on the door.

“Just a minute. We’re still discussing.” She yelled towards the door. “What do you think?” Her eyes were wide and on his. “I mean, I think the bathtub alone is enough. We could both fit in that thing.”

“Alright. This is it.”

January 28, 2009 7:02pm
“Why is it so cold in here?” She shivered grabbing the sides of her arms.

“You just now notice that?” Her partner pointed towards the thermostat. “It’s set to 52 degrees Fahrenheit.” He placed yet another evidence bag on top of the pile resting on the living room table and made his way towards the bathroom. “Have you been in there yet?”

“Not yet. I’m still trying to avoid glass over here.”

“Alright.” He pushed the door open using his just arm. “Claudia, I think you should see this…” The mirror was cracked in four different places leaving little pieces of glass scattered all over the counter. There was a slight hint of where the blood used to be in the bathtub before it sunk down the drain. In the sink was a pull of blood staining the cold white tile and crimson footprints covered the floor.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review. All feedback helps.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans