- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter <3

“Grandma?” 

Pam stopped and caught the look of her granddaughter, looking up at her expectantly.

“Yes, dear?” She wiped away a stray strand of hair on the little girl’s forehead.

“So you loved grandpa when you were my age?” 

“Yes, I did. I didn’t know, however, that when my tummy felt full of butterflies, and I couldn’t speak, that meant I loved him, but I did.”

“Did you two then get married right after that?”

“Oh goodness no. We both went to college, and after graduating, we got married. Then we had your mommy, then your Uncle Phillip.”

“Did you get to wear a pretty dress when you got married?”

“Yes, yes, I did.”

“I bet you looked pretty. I saw pictures of mommy’s and daddy’s wedding, and she had a beautiful dress. She looked like a princess.”

“Yes, she did,” Pam leaned down to her granddaughter’s head and pressed a gentle kiss against her hair. “You look like you’re getting tired. Why don’t you head to bed?”

“Ok.”

Pam sat out of the wooden rocking chair and held her granddaughter in her arms. She was getting heavy, and soon Pam wasn’t going to be able to carry her. She laid the little girl on the bed and watched her as she slid under the covers. 

“I think I’m going to tell Mommy about your story when I go home tomorrow.”

“Ok, but you know what? She might already know.” Pam turned off the bedside lamp and walked over to the door laying her hand against the doorframe.

“Goodnight, Sarah.”

“Nite.”

Pam turned down the hallway and walked into the living room. She could see the top of her husband’s head over the top of his recliner. He was sitting beside a floor lamp with a book in his hands.

She knelt beside him and pressed a loving kiss on his cheek.

He smiled up at her, “how did story time go?”

“Well…I think it ended up being just fine. She wanted to know everything about you. She couldn’t understand what I ever saw in you to love you,” a slight smirk appeared across her lips.

“Oh really?” He grabbed her wrist and pulled her down onto his lap.

“Oh, of course. I just explained to her that you had a severe basketball injury when you were young, which caused damage to your head, so I felt sorry for you.”

“Oh, I thought that was love I felt when you kissed me.” He smiled at her with a tilt of his head.

“Oh, you were mistaken. That was pity.”

“Really? Maybe you’re the one with the brain damage now.”

“Well, that would explain a lot, wouldn’t it?” She tapped her index finger on his nose.

Jim ran his fingers through Pam’s now soft gray curls, pulling them away from her face. “I love you anyway.” He gently pressed a light kiss on her nose.

“You know what, maybe we can take Sarah to the park tomorrow. I’m in the mood to do some swinging.”

“And I’ll race you.” He winked at her. She laughed loudly, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his mouth to hers. When she moved back from him, she had a broad, giddy grin. 

“You’re too much!”



dmscranton is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Through My Eyes also liked 353 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans