- Text Size +
Story Notes:

So I've been away from the fanfic world for quite some time, but this idea came to me and I had to write it down.  Guess I had Summer Blues, lack of new episodes and all that.  Anyway, I'd love feedback!  I won't do every episode, but I'll try to hit the key JAM moments.

EDIT: oh yeah, sorry everyone! DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jim, Pam, NBC, The Office, or anything except Season 2 and 3 DVDs

Author's Chapter Notes:
Watching their first episode.  I skipped season 1 because it's been too long since I've seen it, I don't have that season on DVD, so I couldn't do it justice.

Jim gently pulls Pam close to him and kisses her forehead. He wasn't sure how it happened, but somehow, it just...did. They had decided to watch the documentary of “The Bad Time”, as they both refer to it. “You sure you're up for this?”

Pam sighs as she tears the plastic wrap from the DVD case. “Yeah. I just can't believe we haven't done this already.”

“Well, it's not the happiest of times, y'know? But...you're right, it'll be good. Help us talk some stuff through.”

Pam gets up and pops the first disc in the DVD player. “Okay...so this is called...'The Dundies'. Oh my god, it's the year I got drunk and was banned from Chili's. Can we skip this one?”

Jim laughs, “No way, Beesly! This was your idea; you're sitting through this.” He grabs the remote from her as she settles back in, pressing the play button before she can say anything else.

“I don't know how this is a show. I mean, people actually want to watch Michael be an idiot?”

“Hey, you watch 'Jon and Kate Plus 8'. People will watch anything.”

Despite feigning offense, she realizes he has a point. And as they watch the show, she realizes that their office actually makes for some decent TV.

“The sad thing is,” Jim laughs, “I think Kevin did actually win a contest at Dunkin' Donuts one time.”

“Oh, I forgot about that nickname. I have to start calling you Fat Halpert now.”

Suddenly, the laughing stops as they get to a part of the episode that reminds them why they call it “The Bad Time”. They sit on the couch, totally rapt as on-screen Pam is pained by Michael's insensitive award-giving. But then real-life Pam can't help but smile as she sees something new. On-screen Jim is her knight-in-shining-armor. “You...I didn't know...thank you.”

A few minutes later, Pam turns bright red as she watches herself shout at Roy. “Okay,” she half-whispers, “Here's where it gets interesting.”

“How much of this do you actually remember?”

“Uggh,” she groans. “Enough to know it's not good. I remember...second drink. I remember falling down. And, unfortunately, I remember shirtless Dwight. I don't remember this spee---” she stops dead.

“Didn't remember that, huh?” Jim isn't sure whether to smile or not. “It was our first first kiss, actually.”

She smacks his arm. “Why didn't you tell me about this?”

He shrugs. “I don't know...uh, it was just kind of...”

“Wow.” She's quiet for a while as Jim holds his breath. Finally she says, “How was I?”

He smirks. “Not as good as our second or third first kisses. But I have to go easy on you due to the amount of alcohol in your system at the time.”

“That's very generous of you.”

They watch the rest of the episode in silence, except for an occasional burst of laughter. As the credits roll, they sit up and Pam turns to face Jim. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“You were always so good to me. And I so didn't deserve it. But I thought I should say it....when I wasn't drunk.”

Chapter End Notes:
There it is!  Be gentle, but be honest!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans