- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This episode is pure fluff, and so is the chapter.:)  Thanks to those who reviewed and encouraged me to continue this.This picks up later the same day, in fact, I only skipped one episode (sexual harrasement).

"So what's up next?" Pam sits up on the couch as Jim settles in and hands her the bowl of popcorn.  She lays back down, resting her head on his chest.

"Office Olympics."

"Ooh, how fun!  That was such a great day." She hits play and instantly Michael is saying something stupid.  "Wait, Micheal has worms?"

"Apparently."

As the opening titles run, Jim goes over the rules they had decided on.  "Okay, so...no apologies."

"Right.  I mean, we've done enough of that already, right?"

"Oh yeah. Definitely."

"And, most importantly, be honest."

"I think I can do that.  So I should, honestly, tell you how beautiful you look right there?"

Pam blushes.  "So, um, you...you haven't died of boredom in a while."

He's not letting her get out of things that easily.  "Well, what can I say? You keep things interesting."  He leans down and kisses her neck gently.

"Hey Jim?  Have we used Dwight's farm for sex yet?"  Jim visibly shudders and Pam laughs.  "Okay, scratch that idea."

They're silent for a while, reveling in the memories of that fun-filled day.  Finally, Jim speaks up. "In the spirit of honesty, I do have to tell you that I absolutely love how you can come up with stuff like that, just, totally spur of the moment."  He was referring to Pam naming the box of paper race, Flonkerton.

"Thank you.  Honestly, I love that name myself."

"And...what was it you called it...throwing stuff in Dwight's cup?  Skeet Schruting?  Genius."

Pam smiles during her talking head. The thing about Jim is, when he gets really excited about something, like the Office Olympics, he gets really into it and does a really great job.  It's Jim's turn to blush.

The documentary switches over to Michael, freaking out about his condo payments.  Pam sighs.  "I almost feel bad for Michael."  Where are all the hot people? "Almost."

Back at the office, Angela was explaining the rules of Pampong.  Jim speaks up, "I would love to see that scoresheet these days. It's gotta be a binder-full by now."

When on-screen Jim sees the 'doves', Pam has to mention the way his face lights up.  "Look at that smile.  You are so in love with me."  She's trying to tease him, but he just grins. 

He returns the 'teasing' when on-screen Pam ignores 59 voicemails to help on-screen Jim with closing ceremonies.  "See, you love me too."

"I do. I also love that you pronounce 'athletes' with three syllables."

The credits roll at last, and Jim echoes Pams words from the start. "That was such a great day."  He loves this feeling, wishes they could stop the DVD right there.  But he knows the bad times are coming up soon.  He hugs Pam tight and waits for the next episode.

Chapter End Notes:

I did use one or two references to deleted scenes.  I love the term "Skeet Schruting".

More reviews, please!  Next chapter will be The Fire, with a little more angst, what with the appearance of Katy and all. :)


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans