- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I finally got this chapter done.  I love the Jammy moments in this episode, but for some reason when I was writing it, the whole Katy thing kind of took center stage.  Let me know what you think, please!
“Why are we doing this?” Pam sulked on the couch. Jim just sighed and popped the DVD in.

It had been a long day. Jim had made a stupid remark about Roy, and Pam had retaliated by making a stupid remark about Jim. They had spent the rest of the day drastically ignoring each other by actually working. When they got home, of course Jim apologized, and Pam apologized, but she really wasn't in the mood for this type of trip down memory lane. But Jim had insisted. So here they were. Pam was on the floor, still not quite happy enough to snuggle, while Jim was stretched out on the couch.

“What's this one called?” Pam asked in a virtual monotone as the titles started.

“The Fire.”

The two sat in an unusual silence for most of the show. Near the end, just as Katy and Jim were getting in the car, on-the-couch Jim heard a gentle sniffing from the general floor area. He slid off the couch, putting his arm around to his teary-eyed fiancée. She sunk into his arms. “That was awful,” she whispered at last.

“Because you got called out on the rules of Desert Island?”

“I was so jealous and catty.”

Jim was quiet for a moment, and his face turned very serious. “I...I wanted to hurt you.”

“What?”

“With Katy. You know that, right? That's the only reason I ever dated her.”

She shook her head in confusion. “You wanted to hurt me?”

“Yeah. Not consciously. But I realized that, watching this. I'm sorry.”

She was silent for a long time. “I was trying to hurt you when I kissed Roy like that.” After another brief pause, she added, “Also, you broke the rules. No apologies allowed.”

He smiled slightly. “That was a new apology though.  Doesn't count.  I will never do anything to hurt you again.  Ever.”

“Me either.”  Pam stuck her hand out, pinkie extended.  Jim linked his pinkie in hers, smiled, and pulled her close for a kiss.  Soon, their awful day was long forgotten.

Chapter End Notes:
Up next....E-mail Surveillance!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans