- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam and Jim are finally together in the same space!!! Yay! Holiday fun!
“So Thanksgiving was a rousing success.”

“Yeah. Ate too much and got bruised everywhere from football.”

“Your own brothers really took you out huh?”

“Oh yeah. My uncle actually spared me a few times. I think that was because he packed on a few pounds this year and didn’t want to crush me.”

“I thought it was touch football?”

“It started that way but once my cousin’s team ran up the score, it changed from pansy to punishing in about 3 seconds. How were my mom and sister?”

“Great. We had hot chocolate, listened to Christmas music and knitted.”

“You did not knit.”

“No. We actually played X-box.”

“Ok you did not to do that either. My mom doesn’t even know how to work the remote.”

“Your mom is really good at that army game. She shot all of us in like 2 minutes. It was insane.”

“You are not talking about Marie Halpert.”

“There are some things parents don’t tell their children.”

“Uh-huh…what did you think of my mom’s pumpkin pie?”

“Good but what was with that whipped topping?”

“Yeah like brushing your teeth?”

“YES! I think Crest should develop a whipped topping that you can eat and clean your teeth.”

“Creative... did you show my sister your paintings?”

“Oh yeah. She took a few and told me she was going to show her boss.”

“Great.”

“Jim?”

“Yeah?”

“You don’t have to think all my work is the best. You can be critical.”

“Pam…”

“No I mean I know I’m good. I mean Pratt was great and awesome and I learned so much but there’s so much more I need to learn and do.”

“Ok.”

“I just don’t want you to think…”

“Look, I’m not a artist or art critic. I don’t know about line and shape and color and how it all fits together. All I know is that you draw these amazing things. You love what you do and I’m going to champion it every time because that’s what I do. I am your biggest supporter. I am the art critic that’s going to say A every time.”

“Thank you.”

“So do you wanna crash on the couch and watch A Charlie Brown Christmas?”

“Of course. It’s tradition.”

“Great.”
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are like turkey...very good!!!

More drabbles coming up!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans