- Text Size +
Pam molded her hands into a fist and pressed them so tight her knuckles got icy white. She was pissed. Michael went to a party in New York and left Jim in charge of The Office. So, mostly she was angry because Jim, her boyfriend, the love of her life, ordered her the horrific task of having to organize the bills of the last 4 months. With Angela.

She couldn't believe it. Couldn't grasp the idea that Jim made her done the most tedious chore ever, with the most boring and shrill woman ever. She was really disappointed. She downturned her lips and furrowed her brow and pouted. She silently whined because this was not only about going through word documents and having to deal with a woman who would criticize everything you did. This was about your boyfriend (the person who's supposed to cherish you forever, to love, to nurture you) messing with you. This was below the belt.

It was half past eight when she left work. She almost ran into a car on her way home, just because all the furious emotions inside her were blurring her senses a little bit.

Pam didn't know how, when or where, but someday Jim was going to pay for this.

She entered her home, not smiling, not greeting Jim who was tumbled down on the sofa watching TV absently in a short sleeved white t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Hi Pam -" He stood up from the couch, reaching for her.

"Don't talk to me." Pam's voice was severe and mechanic, robotic, cold.

"What did I do?"

"What did you do? You have the nerve of asking me what the hell did you do? You set me up with Angela skimming through forms until half past eight. Don't you dare to ask me what you did."

"OK. Calm down, I'm sure it wasn't that bad."

But Jim thought it was bad indeed when he got to experience her metal cutting laser look. Which was probably one of the most frightening things she had seen ever. But he started reaching for her fingertips, seeking her warmth all across the arm until he reached her shoulder, and he could see he was trying to fight all the rushing emotions off and not succeeding at it.

Pam wanted to be angry. But couldn't.

"I'm sorry Pam. I am an idiot." He kissed her tenderly on her jaw. "I am such a stupid person." He placed a kiss on her cheek and ran his lips across her eyelids, the tip of her nose until he reached hers. And Pam felt the joy rushing through her, saturating every pore of her body with a wet heat that made up for every form checked.

"Do you want to... you know... get more comfortable?"

Pam smiled wickedly.

"Okay, but *I* will be the one giving commands now."

And she had the assurance, that that night, she would get her revenge. And it would be a sweet, fierce one.


Sea Legs is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked He Never Dreamt of Such Sterile Hands also liked 383 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans