- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclamier: If I owned anything related to The Office, we wouldn't have to wait centuries upon centuries for new episodes. And John Krasinski might be locked in my basement. Just saying.

***

"So, twenty questions. Ready?"

"What could you possibly ask me that you don't already know?"

"Lots of things."

"Like what?"

"Like who taught you to do that thing with your tongue? Because.. wow."

"Okay, um. Yeah. Do you even want to know the answer to that?"

"Um."

"Pam?"

"I guess not? Anyway. There are still plenty of questions I can ask you. Like. What's the most awesome thing about me?"

"Oh, but the list is endless!"

"Haha, good answer. But seriously."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Top five, maybe."

"Wow. Who knew you were so conceited?"

"It comes and goes. I mean it, top five."

"Well, first. Your modesty, definitely. It's so.. endearing."

"Why are you being sarcastic at a very serious and crucial moment such as this?"

"Who said I was being sarcastic? That was the truth like, two minutes ago."

"Why can't you take anything seriously? All you do is joke, it's getting old."

"Your face is getting old."

"See?! I can't deal with you anymore."

"I can't deal with your face."

"James."

"Pamela."

"Don't make me give me back the ring."

"Is that like, what you do? Get engaged and ride it out for a few years and then-"

"Shut up."

"Who's the lucky guy? We spend most of our time together but it could be anyone. Is it Hank? I saw you eyeing him the other day."

"Eww."

"It's Andy, right? It took some time but you couldn't deny the banjo."

"Ugh. I hate you. I don't want to marry you anymore."

"Don't tempt me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is there someone else in Stamford or-"

"You should take that act on the road."

"Thank you. I'll be here all night."

"Unfortunately."

***

"Jim. I'm trying to sleep."

"Are you ready for the list?"

"What?"

"Top five, remember?"

"I'm sleeping."

"But you're talking. So listen up."

"Ugh."

"One, your heart. I love your compassion and your empathy. Two, your sense of humor. I love that we can joke about anything, even the bad stuff. Three, your passion. I love how you love. Your family, your art, me. Four, and seriously, I do love your modesty. I love that after all this time, you still blush when I tell you how beautiful you are. And five.. ready.. big finish? I love you the most. All that you are, all that you're going to be. I just really love you."

"Oh.."

"Oh, and you're strong. Pam, honey. I can't breathe."

"I love you so much."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Why are you still talking?"

"I think the better question is who taught you how to do that thing with your tongue. Wait.. never mind. Oooh, and that.. who taught you.. that. What? Okay, fine. I'll stop talking now.. wow."

***

Chapter End Notes:

This wasn't what I originally had planned for this chapter but my last story effectively drained me and I needed to write something light and fluffy. I didn't think you'll mind too much. :)

This chapter is partially inspired by Little Comment's latest chapter to her amazing fic, The Usually Unimportant, Total Non-Adventures of Jim and Pam which I trust everyone is reading. Right?

Thanks for reading. More soon, hopefully. :D



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 20 members. Members who liked Life Is Wonderful also liked 2731 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans