- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Spoilers for 5x10: The Surplus

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
For Erin, who not only keeps the Muse alert, but who may very well be the Muse.
She hadn't said a word since they got in the car, and he was starting to think he'd actually pissed her off with his smart-assy request.  When they walked in the door of his apartment - the house was in the midst of major repairs, so no more "practice nights" there for a while - she kicked off her shoes and sat down on the couch, arms crossed and eyes dark as they met his.  His heart pounded until he noticed the slight upturn of her lips at the side.

"So I'm your copy girl again?"

Jim loosened his tie and cocked an eyebrow.  "Well, since you convinced the whole office - and by whole office, I do mean Oscar - that we needed the chairs more than the copier, I've decided that I will no longer deal with the insanity of said copier.  So yes, I suppose to answer your question, you're my copy girl again."

"You're starting to talk like Dwight," she said, her voice lilting with amusement.

Jim shivered.  "Don't ever say that again, Pam."

She stood, moving to stand in front of him.  Lifting up on tiptoe, she brought her lips close to his - she was definitely starting to like this game.  "Okay...Dwight."  She leaned in to peck his lips but he grabbed the tie at the collar of her blouse and tugged her down, away from him.  "Hey!  That is so not fair!"

"I warned you."  Jim twisted the tie around his fingers and smirked at her.  "You'll only learn if I punish you."

Now it was Pam's turn to quirk an eyebrow.  "Punish me?"

"Yup."

"And how do you plan to do that?"

Jim thought for a moment, and when it hit him, he dropped her tie and clasped his hands behind his back.  "I am not going to touch you for the entire night."

"Wait...what?"

"You heard me."  The smirk was a full-on grin now.  "No touching."

"Can I touch you?"

"Is that a proposition, Beesly?"

"Since I'm being punished, you can't touch me.  That, I get.  But can I touch you, since you aren't being punished for anything?"

"A legitimate question.  I suppose, should the need arise, you may touch me."

Pam smiled.  "All I needed to know."  She was up on tiptoe again before Jim could react, her lips slanted under his.  Against his mouth, she murmured, "I think my punishment should include me going to my room, don't you?"

"Hmm.  I think all of mine did when I was a kid, so yes.  I approve."

She pulled back.  "You'd better make sure I make it there and don't detour off to the kitchen for snacks or something."  Turning, she headed for the bedroom door, and the sway of her hips made Jim wonder if he'd be able to make good on his threat.  The curls of her hair bounced against her back, and he was amazed at how long it was getting, at how it was nearly brushing the place where the Orion's Belt of freckles strung between her shoulderblades.  He groaned inwardly and followed her down the hall.

He was barely into the room when she swung back around and grabbed him by the front of his shirt, turning abruptly one more time and knocking him onto the bed.  Immediately resolving to keep his promise, he folded his hands under his head.  "It won't work, Pam.  I'm still not going to touch you."  At least, I'm going to try damned hard not to, he added silently.

"Your loss."  She reached down and loosened his belt, and when her tiny hands brushed against the zipper of his slacks, his groan was definitely a bit more outward.  "Heard that, Halpert."

"Tease," he grunted as the hiss of metal accompanied her fingers on his fly.

"You know it."  She opened his pants wide, and he was dismayed to feel his body responding to her touch by lifting slightly off the bed.  She smiled victoriously as she easily slipped both them and his boxers down from his hips.  Her blue eyes sparked wickedly as she cupped a hand around him and slid down, her mouth following seconds later.

"Fucking hell, Pam."  His hands weren't behind his head now, but he still refused to let her win.  Instead, he clutched at the blankets like a bad porn actress, his breath coming faster as she took him in deeper and deeper.  If he were coherent, he'd be impressed with her skill - and maybe a little curious as to where she'd picked it up.  But his brain only had one thing to say, and it was the only audible thing to make it past his lips.  "Jesus fucking Christ."

Pam giggled, which caused a delicious sensation that nearly had him screaming.  She let him go with a pop, her lipstick smeared a bit and her cheeks flushed.  Without a word, she slid her body up against his, nipping at his lips.  "You know, until the argument, I was totally going to ask you if you wanted to have a quickie in the cargo elevator," she murmured.  "I didn't even wear underwear since I knew you'd say yes.  You missed out on so much voting for that copier."

He ignored the comment about her undergarments.  "I still think we needed it more."

"Think about it, Jim.  If I feel better after sitting all day, don't you think I'll be in a better mood when we get home at night?"

"Wouldn't you miss my spectacular back rubs?"

"Well, those wouldn't have to stop, you know."  She reached between them and hiked up her skirt a bit.  His breath hitched when she pushed up to straddle his thighs, lifting and sinking slowly onto him.

He looked up at her, hair brushed over one shoulder, features soft, lip caught between teeth, breasts swollen under silk.  She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, and every nerve in his body, (or at least, the ones that weren't currently occupied otherwise,) seemed to be in his fingertips, leaving him desperate to touch her skin, her lips, her cheek, her hair.  His brain, though, that stubborn, willful part of him that - for the moment - wasn't completely affected by the love of his life grinding on top of him, reminded him that he wasn't ready to give in.

"Come on, Jim," she said, her voice changing from taunting to almost pleading.  "Touch me."

He grit his teeth.  "No.  You...you'll never learn."

She clenched her muscles around him tightly, and he was almost positive he was going to come before she was even close.  She sped her movements, shifting her body a bit so she could lean down and kiss him.  "Please?"

For someone who was doing...well, what she was doing, she sounded so damn innocent and needy with just one word.  Finally, Jim silently told his brain to shut the hell up, and he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her soundly, flipping them over so he could thrust into her and bring her around to where he was.

"I love you," he gasped as he filled her, and she tangled her fingers in his hair as she followed seconds later.

"Christ," she panted, clutching the back of his neck as he flopped down, his head buried in her shoulder.  "Jim?"

"Yeah?"  He lifted his eyes to hers.

"I win."


CallieJames is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 22 members. Members who liked Punishment also liked 2874 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans