- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Like I mentioned in Chapter 2, I decided to make Andy from Stamford an accountant.  Since this is Kevin's story, the Jim/ Pam sub-story ends where it does.  I'll save a better resolution for another 5 Elements challenge...

“Every Breathe You Take”

Kevin stood outside of the Dunder-Mifflin office, trying to get up the courage to walk through the doors he thought he had closed for good. Michael and Josh, who had just finished a co-Regional managerial lunch at Chili’s, did not see him as they walked in.

Michael paused by the reception desk. “Wham, Pam! Wake me up before you go-go! I bet all the men tell you that. You wild and crazy single gal!”

She rolled her eyes. She didn’t bother to tell him that he had a clump of salsa clinging to his tie. Neither did Josh.

“Any messages?”

“No.”

“Not doing your job, huh? Maybe your personal life is affecting your work.” Michael arched his eyebrows before walking off. Josh shot Pam a sympathetic glance as he silently followed Michael.

Kevin timidly stepped into the office. For the first time in several weeks, he was wearing a nice suit and a tie. It felt odd. He walked over to reception and tapped the counter rhythmically. He had not picked up his drumsticks since that awful night in Detroit.

Pam didn’t seem to notice him standing there. She was watching as Jim talked to Karen, who was perched on the edge of his desk. His hand was placed casually on her knee as they leaned close together, sharing a laugh over a joke. Dwight eyed them suspiciously from his desk.

Kevin cleared his throat loudly, “Hi, Pam.”

Pam blinked as she turned her attention to him. “Kevin, hi! Its great to see you. How was the world tour?”

“Um, not so great.” He really didn’t want to talk about the band’s breakup. “Hey, is Michael in his office?”

She nodded before looking down at her computer. Kevin glanced over and could see that Jim’s eyes were really on Pam and not his girlfriend.

Then, Kevin glanced to the accountants’ corner. A man with dark hair and glasses sat at his old desk. Oscar and Angela were standing behind the new guy, who was telling him a inside Stamford joke.

“So, then, I turned to Big Tuna and…” Kevin couldn’t hear the rest of the sentence because the new guy began laughing. Oscar politely laughed, while Angela crossed her arms in disgust.

Kevin sighed as he turned toward Michael’s office.

At that same moment, Josh angrily stormed out. “You don’t have the authority to put me in time-out!”

Kevin made a face toward the camera that was following him as he walked in. “Hey Michael.”

“Kev!” Michael spun around his swivel chair. Kevin couldn’t help but notice the huge salsa stain on his boss’ tie. He didn’t bother telling him. “What brings you back to Scranton?”

“Well, I was wondering if I can have my job back.”

Michael paused for a moment before responding, “Sure. As long as you fire Andy for me.”

The End



bonorocks is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Scrantonicity World Tour also liked 113 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans