- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Set in Season 2 - pre-Casino Night
My first fan fic so give me a break if it's shit :P
DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Set somewhere in season 2, pre-Casino Night.
Pam gives Jim a ride into work
Chapter 1

The door swings open and a bare-chested Jim answers, toothbrush sticking out of his mouth, towel low around his waist.

‘Hey! Sorry, I’m gonna be like 10 minutes! I slept through my alarm again,’ he chuckles as he gestures for her to come inside.

It takes Pam a while to snap out of her daze and realise that Jim was allowing her entry. She blushes at the fact that she was caught so off guard by not only his half-nakedness but her immediate attraction to him and her inability to stop her eyes from studying every inch of him she had never seen before. Jim notices the blush creep up to her cheeks and suddenly realises that he’s half-naked in front of Pam. Holy shit.

‘Give me a minute; I’m going to go get decent.’ Jim beamed down at Pam but she refused to look anywhere near him, instead she moved to the kitchen to get herself a drink, maybe cool down a bit.

Jim’s car had been damaged the week before and being a good best friend, Pam offered to take him to and from work for a week. Today was Friday and the only morning that Jim had been caught off-guard. He’s always been ready to leave right away which disappointed Pam, who was increasingly curious to see more of his place.

‘Pam?? Where’d you go?’ Jim called out as he peered out the window to see if her car was still parked on the street.

‘Sorry, I was just grabbing a bite.’

Jim thought Pam had never looked more beautiful, walking out of his kitchen like she belonged, toast in hand, with a guilty smile on her face.

‘Stealing for me? Really Beesley?’ He grinned as she beamed up at him. They started out the door and towards her car.

‘Hey, I’ve been driving your sorry ass around all week; don’t start complaining now buddy or you’ll be on shaky ground my friend.’ Her smile sent flutters through his body.

‘Stealing and now threatening! I cannot believe this.’

‘Suck it, Halpert!’ She teased him.

‘Wow.’ Jim opened her car door for her causing her to blush at his gesture and he strode around to the passenger side, jumping in.


Their usual car rides were filled with constant laughter, their automatic flirtatious banter beginning from even before the engine started and some music that they bonded over. Pam and Jim had been sharing their music for a long time: Jim always trying to convey hidden messages, Pam convincing herself that she was reading to into the music that Jim was giving her.
A wave of disappointment flooded over Jim when they pulled into the parking lot. A similar wave washed over Pam, followed immediately by a wave of denial.

Jim turned to look at Pam. She is so beautiful, he thought. He’d give anything for him to have his car stolen, or damaged. As he drifted off to sleep last night, he had actually started planning to leave it in a bad neighbourhood, or ‘accidentally’ smash his lights out somehow just to spend more time with Pam, outside the office.

She faced him and her breath hitched as she saw the look in his eye, a mixture of yearning, adoration and love. She hadn’t been looked at like that in years... correction, she hadn’t been looked at like that since the last time Jim looked at her, but Roy hadn’t looked at her like that in years. The realisation overtook her and she shifted her gaze and began to step out of the car but Jim’s hand on her wrist stilled her.

‘I just wanted to say... thanks for everything. You really went out of your way to help me this week... so thank you.’ She was staring down at his hands on her wrist, not trusting herself to look back into his eyes. She could see a smile spreading across his face and tried her best to play it cool.

‘Hey! You’re coming with me tonight to Poor Richards yeah? I hope you’re not telling me you found another ride!’ She forced herself to look into his eyes, settling back into her seat.

‘Are you seriously asking me that? Who the hell do you think I’d rather go with? Dwight? Michael? Kelly? ...’ She giggled as he ran through the list of everybody in their entire office.

‘Good! Ok, glad we got that sorted! So you’re coming with me.’ A mischievous grin slowly spread across her face and Jim suspected she was formulating a plan.

‘Ok Beesley, spill it!’

‘What? I have no idea what you’re talking about?!’ Her efforts to keep her grin from reappearing failed and she collapsed in a fit of giggles.

‘I know that look, now, out with it! What are you planning?’

‘Fine,’ she eyed him playfully, ‘Since I’m the one driving tonight, I’m going to get you so drunk.’ And with that she darted from the car, locking it after Jim jumped out, and strode purposefully into their building.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans