- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So I decided to do another installment of the Moving On: Karen challenge. What can I say, there's blizzard conditions in Boston and I was scared to go outside haha

Thank all of you for your reviews as well - you guys are awesome!! :)

I don't own any Office characters. Sigh. It is a dream of mine, though.
She might have been a little jealous.

Just a little.

Not a lot.

OK, maybe a little more than just a little.

She liked Pam. She really did. When she saw her with Michael when he came to lecture her crew about... well, whatever the hell he did, she felt for her still being in that same… insane environment. She absolutely, even after almost 2 years, remembered how it was to work at Dunder Mifflin Scranton.

But being reminded of Scranton reminded her of Jim.

And she truly, without a doubt, did NOT want to be reminded of Jim.

She read about their wedding in the DM monthly newsletter. Conveniently located under the DM Utica dismal sales record. It was really glorious. The only saving grace was the fact that there wasn’t a picture. Because that really would have been the cherry on top of the whole situation.

She understood how he felt about Pam. God, he had admitted that he still had feelings for Pam. But he had also told her that he loved her. When they stood on the streets of New York and she told him that there was one too many people in Scranton, he’d seemed to agree with her. And then suddenly, he was meeting her at a fountain, telling her that he couldn’t be with her, and he needed to be back home.

And he went home.

Leaving her. In front of a fountain. In New York City.

Jackass.

He deserved every single word she threw at him when she got back to Scranton. She screamed at him, told him of the nights she cried herself to sleep because she loved him. She loved him. Plain and simple. She hadn’t when she moved to Scranton, but it had developed into it quickly. His sense of humor, his wit, his intelligence, his charm… His disgustingly sexy, rock hard, delicious body… It was sickening. She loved the man. And he dropped her like a bad habit.

Jack. Ass.

Ugh.

But it was OK. Because her move to Utica introduced her to Dan. And Dan was everything she’d ever dreamed of.

But Jim Halpert. He still did something to her.

She sat on her couch staring at the article, explaining how the new Mr. and Mrs. James Halpert were married in a Christian ceremony, she wore a beautiful strapless white gown, he looked “dapper” (who says “dapper” anymore, anyways? She wondered) in his black tuxedo, she carried a bouquet of pink and purple wild flowers, and they honeymooned down on the Cape. She rolled her eyes at the quote from Michael, gushing about how the couple “met and fell in love in MY office, Dunder Mifflin Scranton, where we have the best numbers in the company, and obviously, being their father-figure, matchmaker, and best friend, I single handedly helped them in starting their lives together, etc., etc.”.

She rolled her eyes.

Ridiculous.

When her son started crying, shaking her from her reminiscing, she moved to rock him back to sleep.

Her little boy. With her husband, the love of her life. She was so lucky to have them.

So why was she so captivated by a little article?

Because of how he broke it off? Maybe.

Because of how quickly he moved on? Perhaps.

Because of how much she cared about him, to only have it thrown back in her face? Definitely.

But who was she to hold him back from the woman he obviously loved? A woman that with a single speech on a balmy night on a beach and a yogurt lid could cause a man to flip his life upside down. It was unreal.

She might have been a bit jealous.

She really, truly thought he loved her the way he oh so obviously loved Pam.

But he didn’t.

Clearly.

She gritted her teeth and looked down at the dark haired infant in her arms, and she smiled. She might have been a little bit jealous, but she was also really happy.

She had a great life. A lovely home, a loving husband, a sweet little boy, a job where her employees respected her. And she had memories.

Looking at her baby who was sucking gently on his pacifier, his little hands clasped together, made her heart swell and her feelings soften. He was hers, unconditionally. And she really owed the fact that she was holding this little boy in her arms to Jim.

He’d let her go. He’d hurt her, broken her heart, made her feel as small as a human could possibly feel. But because he had, she was able to go to Utica. She met her Dan in a grocery store next to the pineapples. He loved her, and he asked her dad to marry her, and he got down on one knee in front of her childhood home in the City, and he was there for her, all the way, and with him, they created the sweetest, most perfect little boy in the world.

She started to laugh.

She’d been jealous, for some stupid reason. She’d been jealous of Jim and Pam and their perfect love and their life together. When really, she owed it to them for allowing her the blessed life she was living now.

She was happy.

She was loved.

She was content. And comfortably so.

She stood up with little Nicky in her arms, and walked briskly into the kitchen. Sliding open a cabinet door, she pulled out the trash bin and pushed the DM newsletter inside.

She smiled.

There was no reason to be jealous.
Chapter End Notes:
Aaaaaaaaand REVIEW!

Really though, yes? No? Is everyone sick of Karen yet? Should I continue this with a few more chapters, or end it here? Suggestions for said "few more chapters" would be appreciated, lol...

Reviews are like honeymooning with JKras on the Cape. Maybe sharing an ice cream cone. And mini-golfing. And drive-in movies. ::Sigh:: That'd be awesome.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans