- Text Size +
Pam is not unpopular at the office. Sure, she thinks that Dwight is so strange and that Phyllis has a little bit too much bite to her sometimes and, Jesus, if she has to listen to Angela subtly refer to her as a whore one more time she will scream, but she has friends. Toby is sweet. Oscar is nice. Jim – well, Jim is her salvation. In the office. In the warehouse (not that she has much cause to go down there), there is still, always, Roy, who has traded his cleats in for a sturdy pair of work boots. And Pam, Pam has traded slip on mary janes (in jewel-shiny colors like purplicious and magenta) for a sparkling pair of Keds. They sparkle a little whiter than the diamond (chip, if she is honest with herself) that doesn’t even faintly glow on her finger, not now, almost three years out from her engagement. By now, she should have two rings on her finger, and polishing the white gold band of her engagement ring doesn’t make her very happy, so she stain proofs and hand washes her Keds at the end of every work week, until its (almost) a running joke in the office, how neat Pam keeps her shoes. Almost a running joke – unlike the other joke, the one that has run out of hand.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans