- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
DISCLAIMER: I don't own "The Office" or its characters.
No copyright infringement is intended.
He sat down and stayed put, next to the planter with the horrible plant that only flowered twice a year.
Who would think to use that as decoration?
As the minutes ticked by he considered the horrible coincidences that lead to that act. The act he just realized in the office of the CEO of the company he had given 15 years of his life to. His entire career about to go down the tubes for a silly tryst.
-"Damn that Michael!" -he said trying to imitate that voice that sounded like a woman who is still dreaming.
The only woman who could make him forget his fears and concerns with those three words said so vigorously now injected with venom. Damn that Jan. Damn that Jan.
He rose his head. The sky was blue, with not a cloud in it. A perfect day.
He took off his tie with slow hand movements and tousled his hair. At least he would not lose time in the morning anymore getting ready.
He wanted to cry. To scream, break, and scram again. But he did not do so. He stayed there, with his tie strung around his neck and falling to the grimy carpet. He looked at his shoes with a glance that everyone considered depressed, but, in reality, was something else.
-"What in the hell will we do now, Mike?"- he said under his breath and after another quick glance around.
This time he did not look at the cloudless sky, but, instead looked at the spot where he heard that noise in the early morning. The blue convertible. And then he wished, with all his heart, that the silhouette coming from it was her.
Chapter End Notes:
What do you think?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans