- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary - 2 years later...

Yep. Last 3 chapters posted in one day. You're welcome.

Well, guys, it's been a pleasure. Thank you everyone for all the lovely reviews!

So this is where the story comes full-circle... literally. Is it plagiarism if it's your own work? ;oP

******************************
“Mom-my... Mooomm-mmyyyyy...”

Pam opened her eyes sleepily and smiled as she looked into the sweet face of her little boy, standing next to the bed in his footie pajamas, dragging his Heffalump blankie behind him. She reached over and tousled his hair.

“Hey, little man… what are you doing?”

“Mommy ‘wake?”

Pam looked over at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 5:01 AM. She groaned.

“No way, kiddo. It’s way too early. Still night-night.”

“Nigh-nigh?”

“Yep.”

“I come in?” J.D. perched his chin on the edge of the mattress and looked at her with his big hazel eyes. He really did look exactly like Jim.

Pam reached out her arms. “Okay buddy, come here.” She pulled him onto the bed, and he crawled over her and settled between her and Jim. He turned over and began poking at Jim’s nose.

“Daaaaaadd-dyyyyy…”

“Whaaaa-aaaat?” Jim mumbled sleepily, opening one eye. Despite the early hour, and the somewhat rude awakening, he smiled as J.D. giggled.

“Hi, Dad-dy.”

“Hey, buddy… what’re you doing?”

J.D. closed his eyes. “I sleeping. Shhhhh…”

Jim and Pam both laughed as they snuggled in toward the center of the bed, sandwiching J.D. between them.

“Sounds good to me,” Jim said. He grinned at Pam over J.D.’s head, reaching over to envelop them both in his long arms.

“This is the life, huh?” Pam said, smiling.

“What, being woken up at 5 on a work day?” He chuckled. “I don’t want to hear one complaint from you. You don’t have to go to work.”

“Oh, you think that’s not work?” Pam said, pointing to the pink bassinet in the corner of their room. Jim smiled.

“Different kind of work. You don’t have to deal with Michael. Or Dwight. Or Andy. Or Angela. Or Kevin. Or Creed. Or Kel--”

“Okay, I get it!” Pam laughed. “You’re right. I love this job.”

They both smiled and closed their eyes, letting silence fall over the room once again.

“Yep,” Jim sighed happily. “It’s a good life.”
******************************
Chapter End Notes:

Reviews are almost as good as Dwight's line: "If onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then every day would be Erntedankfest."


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans