- Text Size +
-------------------



Phyllis and Erin rushed over to Meredith’s side, helping her get up.

Meredith gingerly touched the back of her head. “Owww! What happened?”

“Careful there, Mere.” Oscar said. “You don’t remember what happened?”

A big frown appeared on Meredith’s face. “I…I’m not sure. Did someone knock me out?”

Jim nodded, “Yeah. Do you remember who did that to you?”

Meredith’s face scrunched up in pain as she tried to remember. “Owww!”

“Meredith, why don’t you rest a bit more before doing anything. You took a pretty heavy blow to the back of your head.” Pam said.

“Do you want some water?” Jim asked and without waiting for a reply, went to the kitchen and grabbed some water for her.

Once everyone made sure that Meredith was okay, and knowing that they couldn’t leave the office (not with Dwight hovering and keeping a close eye on everyone), they started drifting from the reception area to the other tables around the office. Michael, Dwight and Phyllis stood near the copier (Dwight’s reason, which he kept to himself, was he was guarding the two most suspicious people). Andy, Kelly and Erin stood near the water cooler and talked amongst themselves.

Jim and Pam sat with Meredith to make sure that she was feeling fine and to see if she needed anything. Oscar also sat with them, but in his mind, he was still a bit suspicious of this seemingly perfect couple and wanted to keep an eye on them.

One niggling thought kept bugging Jim but due to earlier events, he didn’t have time to ask Oscar. Now that the office quieted down, the question came to him again.

“Oscar, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“What were you doing in Toby’s neighborhood when you saw me at his house?” Jim asked.

Pam frowned. “That’s right. You live on the opposite side of the city, closer to the downtown area. And Toby’s area is all residential.”

Looking as if he was caught in a lie, Oscar leaned close to Jim and Pam, “Okay…so I didn’t really see you. But someone mentioned that they saw you and even you admitted that you were there!”

“Who saw me? How come they didn’t say it instead of you?”

Hesitantly, Oscar nodded his head in the direction of Andy, Kelly and Erin. “It was Erin. She mentioned that she saw you but didn’t want to say anything because she’s new here.”

“Erin?” Pam repeated.

“Yeah, she told us while you guys were back at Toby’s desk.”

At the mention of Toby’s desk, Meredith squinted, as if remembering something. “Wait, Erin was also back there with me when I was at Toby’s desk. I remember turning around and seeing her. The next thing I knew, I woke up on this couch.”

Understanding suddenly dawned on Jim, Pam, and Oscar, who pointed and asked, “Erin?”

The lights came back on just as Oscar pointed at Erin, who was standing next to Kelly and Andy. When Erin saw the staring and low talking between Jim, Pam and Oscar and their quick looks in her direction, she slowly reached to the small of her back where she hid the gun found earlier in Dwight’s weapon box.

“Nobody moves!” Erin yelled out while holding the gun to Kelly’s temple and her other arm across Kelly’s neck. “Make one move and I’m not responsible for what happens to her!”

“Erin, what are you doing? We’re bff’s!” Kelly shrieked.

“Shut up! Just SHUT UP!” Erin pushed the gun a bit closer. “Bffs?! We’re not bffs. I don’t even like you, Kelly. I hate the color pink! And you have the worst taste in music!” She looked at everyone else, who were cautiously trying to calm her down. “And this whole stupid office! I don’t know how you guys stand each other.”

Michael protested, “It’s not that bad. We’re a family.”

“Shut up, Michael! You are the worst! You do nothing but waste everyone’s time here.” She looked over to Jim and Pam. “And you guys are just as annoying. The incessant flirting and the googly eyes. It’s enough to make me want to hurl!”

Dwight nodded, “Imagine sitting across from both of them. It’s disgusting, I tell you.”

Erin turned to Dwight, “You and your stupid beets and bears. No one cares!”

“Wait, Erin, let’s talk about this. Why did you kill Toby?” Jim asked.

Erin scoffed, “That bastard got what was coming to him. It’s his fault that I’m an orphan!”


-------------------

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans