- Text Size +
-------------------



Upon entering, the police told everyone to stay where they were while they sorted out what happened. All they knew was what Angela told them, which was Michael was the suspect. What the police saw, however, was different than what they’d imagined: a young woman being held down by two men.

After almost three hours of interviewing everyone, the police finally got the whole story.

The forensic team also came in to gather all the evidence. In the end, the police took Erin into custody and let everyone else go home.

….

As Stanley walked to his car, he thought a nice glass of red wine and a hot bath sounded just about perfect after the day he’d had.

….

Bob Vance was already waiting for Phyllis in the parking lot. As soon as she saw him, Phyllis walked straight into Bob’s arms and said, “I’m okay. And the police will get rid of the pictures after the case is closed.”

He nodded. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

….

In the parking lot of Poor Richard’s, Meredith just sat in her car, staring at the people coming and going. Then she picked up her phone and dialed. “Jake? Hey, I’m heading home soon. You eat yet?”

After a quick conversation, Meredith left the parking lot of Poor Richard’s to pick up a couple of movies and McDonald’s at her son’s request. She felt good….and wondered if Jake wanted to go hiking that weekend. They hadn’t done that in…forever.

….

Dwight and Angela drove separately back to Schrute Farms. Mose was still waiting up for them because the thunder and lightning scared him. In his hands was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He hoped Dwight and Angela weren’t too tired to read to him.

They were getting to the good part in the book.

….

It was only when Ryan left the building that he realized he hadn’t called his mom to tell her when to pick him up. He looked around, saw Creed, and decided to bum a ride from him. Plus, the old dude always had great stories to tell.

….

Creed walked out of the office feeling energized. Playing Clue usually has that effect on him. He thought that Dunder Mifflin’s Clue was outstanding, much better than all the times he’d played before. In the future he would emphasize that paying extra for the dead HR guy was the way to go.

….

It’s crazy how you thought you knew people so well and yet, you didn’t really, Oscar thought as he drove home. He thought he knew Toby well. But then again, he also thought he knew Gil well and look what happened.

….

Andy and Kelly were the first people to leave the office. Kelly didn’t want to stay in there much longer and asked if Andy could drive her home.

Her voice was small when she spoke up, “Thank you, Andy, for coming to my rescue.”

He took his eyes off the road for a second and looked at her, “Well, I couldn’t let my best dance partner come to harm now, could I?”

“I’m sorry. I knew how much you liked Erin.”

“It’s okay, actually.” A pause, then, “I’m sorry too. I knew you considered her your best friend.”

Both were quiet the rest of the way to Kelly’s apartment. When they got there, Andy got out of the car to open the door for Kelly. She thanked him and started walking to her door. But then she paused, turned around and walked back to where he was standing.

“If you’re not busy tomorrow, want to grab dinner or movies something? To take our minds off tonight?”

Andy sputtered a little at the surprise invitation and eagerly accepted, “Yeah, um, of course! Definitely. That would be awesome! I’ll pick m’lady up?”

She nodded and leaned up to plant a kiss on his cheek then walked quickly to her apartment, leaving Andy standing there smiling and gingerly touching the place where she’d just kissed him. He whistled all the way back home.

….

Kevin couldn’t wait to tell his friends what happened over poker tomorrow. Maybe he’d distract them with his awesome story and win back what he lost last week.

….

Michael couldn’t fall asleep when he got home. Even after watching the TV and drinking warm milk. He wasn’t sure how he felt about everything tonight. Although it gave him some sort of closure to learn about what Toby did so that David Wallace transferred Holly away from him. As he fell asleep, he thought about what Holly would think of all of this.

….

Both were embracing each other that night in bed. Neither really knew what to say about the evening’s events so, by silent agreement, they decided not to rehash what had happened in the office.

Before they nodded off to sleep, however, Jim pulled Pam even closer to him and said against her mouth, “I think we should get married tomorrow.”

Pam smiled against his lips, “At the courthouse?”

His lips trailed down to her throat, “No….” and he whispered where he was thinking.

Pam’s brilliant smile was all the answer Jim needed.

************

Five weeks later:

“Okay, okay, everyone. Let’s settle down and think of more ideas for our Dundies this year!” Michael yelled at his employees who were all sitting in the conference room.

Pam raised her hand. “Michael, do we have corporate permission to do this or is it coming out of our own pockets?”

Michael clapped his hands together, “Okay, so Pam is a party pooper so we’ll just ignore her for now!”

Jim was the next to raise his hand, “But that’s a legitimate question.”

“Of course you would say that, Jim,” Michael glared, “She’s your wife so you have to take her side on everything.”

Stanley looked up from his crossword puzzle, “Shouldn’t you be talking to us about our new human resource representative?”

“Yeah, Michael, has Corporate told you who it is?” Dwight asked.

Michael waved the questions away. “It’s not important; whoever it is will suck the fun out of our office! That’s a given.”

Oscar raised his hand, “Then what about a new receptionist?”

Michael pointed at Ryan, “I’ve decided that Ryan should take back that position until we make sure the new human resource person has no enemies.”

The latter elicited nods and murmurs of agreement from everybody. Michael was about to get back to the subject of the Dundies when all of them heard the front door open and in a few short moments, a woman walked into the conference room, shocking everyone speechless.

Then, in a dorky voice that he had missed so much for so long, the woman looked at Michael and smiled. “Surprised to see me, are you not?”


THE END


-------------------
Chapter End Notes:

First off, NanReg, I just can't say thank you enough for all the help and the time you've spent on this. Thank you so much, my dear friend!

Second, thanks to all who read my story! And a very special thank to those who were very kind and generous to let me know. You guys are truly wonderful!


bkwrm is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Clue: The Office Edition also liked 2628 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans