- Text Size +
-----------------



Michael pushed opened the kitchen door to find himself under the scrutiny of the whole office.

“Hey, what did you guys do to the light? And the music? It’s a party, people!” Michael continued, oblivious to the stares from his silent employees.

Pam was the first one to break the silence, “Michael, were you in the bathroom this whole time?”

Rolling his eyes, Michael replied, “Well, duh, Pam! Didn’t you just see me walking out of there?”

He was about to say something else when he finally noticed Toby’s body and the blood on Stanley’s desk and on the carpet. “My God! What happened? Is he dead?”

Kevin slowly said, “Michael…you were just in there…and Toby came from in there…so…”

Understanding dawned on Michael, “Are you crazy, Kevin? Why would I kill him? I only want him to be gone.”

As if realizing how wrong that sounded, he backtracked, “Well…not gone…just disappeared. I mean…not be here…” Then he shook his head vehemently, “No! I didn’t do it! If anything, it was Stanley!”

“Are you crazy?!? How did you come to that conclusion?” Stanley snarled at Michael.

“Well, Stanley, it’s obviously you because Toby fell onto your desk, giving us the clue who his murderer is!”

“I repeat: are you out of your mind?”

“Michael,” Jim intervened, “Toby crashed through that door and just happened to fall on Stanley’s desk because it was right there.”

Pam added, “We’ve tried calling the police but the phone line isn’t working.”

“I’m making sure that no one leaves the office until the police get here.” Dwight said.

Michael just nodded, “Wow…this is just like Clueless.”

“You mean Clue? ” Oscar asked.

“No, Oscar, Clueless, the board game, you know? But they must not have that in Mexico so you probably wouldn’t know.”

Oscar sighed while Creed said, “They do have it in Mexico. It’s called Pista. It was addicting. Luckily I joined a twelve-step program to quit that vice.”

No one seemed to know what to say to that until Phyllis spoke up, “Well, Michael is the only one here with a motive to kill Toby.”

Kelly nodded in agreement, “That’s right. Everyone knows how much you hate Toby, Michael.”

“And you were just in there.” Andy continued.

Michael started to defend himself once again but was cut short by Dwight who shook his head, “Well…I wouldn’t say Michael is the only one with a motive.”

“What are you talking about, Dwight?” Jim asked impatiently.

“She knows what I’m talking about, don’t you?” Dwight said slyly, looking straight at the woman standing next to Jim.



-----------------

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans