- Text Size +
--------------------




One by one everyone came closer to Toby’s body to take a closer look at the knife.

Jim looked swiftly at Pam before saying, “That does look like the knife I confiscated from Dwight when he and Andy were in that fight.”

Oscar chimed in, “Remember, Dwight? You filed the knife under ‘M’, for ‘Mr. A Knife’.”

“Of course I remember. But did you forget that Jim took it, and all my necessities, from me?”

Jim tapped his lips as if remembering, “I put it all in a box and gave it to Toby.”

“It’s not hard to find this stuff in Toby’s desk. And I saw Dwight heading back there earlier.” Ryan said.

“Shut up, temp! You didn’t see anything of the sort.” Dwight replied.

Erin raised her hand and hesitantly said, “I…I also saw Dwight walking back to the annex when we were out here dancing.”

Dwight rolled his eyes. “Even if I went back there, it still doesn’t mean anything.”

“But…the knife is yours,” Kevin said, pointing to Toby’s body, “and you were just back there…”

“Okay then, what’s my motive?” When no one said anything, Dwight continued, “That’s right, idiots. I have no motive.”

Still silence until Michael talked. “So…I guess someone was trying to frame Dwight.”

Dwight looked at Michael adoringly and said, “Thank you, Michael. I knew you’d believe me.” Then he made a move to hug Michael which the latter quickly rejected.

“Stop it, Dwight! But that still doesn’t explain what you were doing back in the annex when everyone else was having fun in here.”

Dwight looked around, his gaze alighting on Angela before both looked away quickly. Pam noticed the exchange and that Angela was biting her nails.

Phyllis pressed, “Yeah, Dwight. What were you doing back there, then? You’re the one with the mean and the opportunity!”

“And you’ve been watching too much Law & Order.” Dwight retorted.

“She’s right, you know.” Stanley waved in the general area of where Phyllis was standing. “You were the only one, as far as we know, who was back there.”

“Again, what’s my motive, Stanley?”

Everyone started to chime in once again, except for Jim, Pam, and Angela. Finally, Jim shouted out after observing the arguments for a couple of minutes. “Stop! Everyone just…stop and think about this carefully.”

When he had everyone’s attention, Jim continued, “Think about this. Why would Dwight kill Toby? It doesn’t make sense.”

Pam chimed in, “And I’m sure he has a reason for being back there. Right, Dwight?”

Dwight inclined his head in Jim and Pam’s direction. “I do. But I’m not at liberty to say.”

“For God’s sake, man, just spill it!” Creed said.

“Stop it! Everyone just stop it!” Angela cried out abruptly. “He was back there with me, okay? We were back there together!”



--------------------

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans