- Text Size +
--------------------



Pam looked around. What was surprising to her was the fact that no one seemed surprised.

Dwight walked over to Angela and pulled her into his arms. “Monkey, you didn’t have to tell them!”

“I had to! They were accusing you of murder!”

“What were you guys doing back there?” Meredith asked.

When neither Dwight nor Angela said anything, just avoided everyone’s eyes, understanding dawned on their office mates.

“Oh ho ho. So you guys were doing that, weren’t you?” Andy smilingly taunted.

“Andy, don’t call Angela a ho.” Michael said and earned a glare from Angela.

Kevin nodded knowingly. “So that explains why you’re being less bitchy lately.” Noticing Oscar’s stare, as if telling him to use more tact, Kevin defended himself. “What?!? You know what I’m talking about, Oscar.”

Phyllis agreed, “It’s true. She’s not such a bitch anymore. Getting it regularly will do that to you. I mean, look at Pam over there.”

Pam sputtered at that surprise reference from Phyllis. But she couldn’t come up with a response.

Jim leaned over and whispered in her ear, “She’s right, you know.” Pam elbowed him in the stomach.

“Wait…you guys were doing the nasty back there? Where?” Kelly asked. At Dwight’s and Angela’s guilty silence, Kelly gasped in horror. “Oh my god! Please don’t say you guys did it on my desk.”

Ryan nodded, “It’s a good and private place to do it.”

Kelly glared at Ryan before making a move to walk back to her desk. “That is totally disgusting! I have to clean it now.”

Dwight held out his arm. “You can’t go back there.”

Before Kelly could say anything else, Creed spoke up. “I think we should all go back there to see if there is any incriminating evidence on Toby’s desk. Who knows, it might give us a clue who killed him.”

When everyone just stared at Creed, surprised to hear something so logical from him, he just said, “What? I told you guys I was addicted to this game. Sometimes we played with real people instead of the game pieces.”

And Creed went back to being Creed.

Pam suggested that everyone head back to the annex.

Dwight added, “Also, be careful of the blood on the kitchen floor. We don’t want to disturb the crime scene too much.”

When everyone was gathered around Toby’s desk, with the exception of Erin, who was trying to console Kelly over the fact that her desk had been ‘violated’, Jim said, “Okay, I think we need to go over Toby’s desk.”

A murmur of agreements and Michael said, “Jim and Dwight, you guys start taking inventory of what’s on Toby’s desk. Pam, you help them write down the stuff.” When Pam stared at him, Michael added, “It’s because you’re the most meticulous and organized person here.”

“First thing, there’s an unfinished pretzel and a cup of coffee on Toby’s desk. We need to check those for poisons.” Dwight suggested.

“Why?” Andy asked. “It was obvious he was stabbed to death.”

Dwight just scoffed, “Amateurs! Even though he might have been stabbed to death, we still need to make sure that the knife is the only cause of death. I have a crime kit in my car that I can get and test for poison.”

“But you said no one can leave the office. And that includes you, Dwight.” Oscar reasoned.

“Jim, how about you go with Dwight to his car and grab the crime kit.” Pam suggested and everyone agreed.
One by one people started to drift back to the front office.

Of course, Toby’s body was covered up because, not only was it more sanitary (Angela’s words), but so that no one could tamper with it (Dwight’s words).

While they were waiting for Jim and Dwight to return, the office mates tried their desk phones and cell phones once again to no avail.

“What’s taking them so long?” Michael pondered.

“Well, it’s dark out there so I think they’re slowly making their way downstairs and to the parking lot.” Pam said.

Andy was about to volunteer to go find Jim and Dwight when they heard a loud thud coming from the direction of the kitchen. Everyone looked toward the sound and saw Erin already walking toward the kitchen. She leaned in to look through the glass, “I don’t see anyone in the kitchen.”

Everyone followed Erin through the kitchen and when they walked through the other door, they saw Meredith’s body on the floor. Next to her body were Dwight’s nun-chucks.



--------------------

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans