- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a little fantasy (of mine) where Jim gets what he wants. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

It’s 7:05 on Wednesday and he’s drunk.  Well, actually, he’s only a little buzzed, but he’s working his way to drunk.  The important thing is that he’s happy.

 

And that’s what is so depressing. 

 

But, instead of dwelling on it, he takes another sip of his second vodka tonic and loosens his tie.  He’s sitting in a back booth at The Playwright with Andy and Josh, not caring that he stopped listening to their conversation as soon as they sat down.  Right now, the only thing he can think about is the break room in Scranton. 

 

Because that’s where his life changed last night.

 

************************************

 

It was just before six when he finished the expense reports he had put off all day.  He got up and walked over to Oscar’s desk, casting a glance at Pam while she finished the last of her faxes.

 

“Thanks for sticking around and keeping me company.”

 

She turned and gave him a bright smile, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

 

“You’re welcome.  It was either stay here or go home and start some laundry.  I flipped a coin, and you won.”

 

“Thank you.  That makes me feel very special.”

 

She walked from behind her desk and grabbed his hand.  “C’mon.  I’m buying you a soda.  That should make you feel special.”

 

“Well, it’s a start.”

 

They walked into the break room, still holding hands, and stopped in front of the soda machine.  He resisted the urge to move a piece of hair that had fallen in front of her face; watched, instead, as she slowly pulled it behind her ear herself.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“A kiss.”

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.  Uh….cherry coke sounds good.”

 

“Cool.  We’ll share.”

 

“I thought you were buying me my own soda.”

 

She looked up at him with a sparkle in her eyes.

 

“But sharing is much more fun.”

 

He swallowed hard and then her lips were on his. She was urgent and demanding and he was desperate to keep up as he tasted her.  She pulled back and pushed him onto the table, spreading his legs apart so she could step in closer.

 

“Was that the kiss you wanted?”

 

He let out a soft moan as she ran her hands up his legs.  He felt dizzy and slightly drunk.

 

“I think so…but I’m going to need a lot more to be sure.”

 

She smiled and unclasped her barrette, letting her hair fall and running her fingers through it.

 

“You are so beautiful.”

 

She ran a finger over his bottom lip and looked him in the eyes.

 

“So are you.  In a manly way, of course.”

 

“Of course.”

 

“So, can I ask you something?”

 

“Anything.”

 

“Do you want me....”

 

“God, Pam...”

 

“….to kiss you again?”

 

“Let me think about it and get back to you.”

 

She laughed before finding her way back to his mouth.  He slowly ran his hands to the back of her skirt, popped the button, and stopped.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.  Just work the zipper.”

 

“Wow.  You’re bossy.”

 

She kicked off her shoes as he pulled the zipper down and then slowly shimmied out of the skirt.  His hands made quick work of her shirt buttons, and within seconds she was standing in only her bra and panties.  The adoration in his eyes made her blush.

 

“You’re making it really difficult to breathe.”

 

She quickly kissed him as her fingers found his belt.  He sucked in a sharp breath and watched as she slid the zipper down slowly.

 

“Are you trying to kill me?”

 

“That wouldn’t be any fun.  Believe me, I want you very much alive.”

 

And then her hand was inside his pants and he was very grateful to be sitting.  She leaned into him as he arched into her hand.

 

“Tell me what you want.”

 

“Pam, please...”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“Please.”

 

“Jim, tell me.  I need to hear it.”

 

He took a jagged breath as she continued to stroke him.

 

“Please don’t marry him!”

 

They stared at each other, seemingly frozen.  After what felt like a lifetime, she kissed him softly on the lips and touched her forehead to his.

 

“I can’t marry him.  I’m in love with you.”

 

*********************************

 

“Uh…Tuna?  You with us?”

 

“What?”

 

“Jim, are you okay?  I don’t think you’ve heard a word we said.”

 

He finished the last of his drink and stood up from the table.

 

“Sorry, guys.  I’ve got to get home and get some sleep.”

 

“Tuna, its only 7:20.”

 

“Believe me, the sooner I get to sleep…the better off I’ll be.”

 



bitterpill is the author of 26 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Sleep to Dream also liked 1212 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans