- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The first year after he left was unyieldingly difficult for him, after the "night", he needed to escape from anything that could possibly conjur up memories of her. He ultimately decided against taking the position in Stamford, the only reason he had stayed at Dunder Mifflin for so long was the forlorn hope that she would realize how he felt and receprocate his love. Toby received his resignation form the following monday; and after that he spent his jobless months mooching off his roomate Marc. After a few months of wallowing in his own self pity he found a job writing for the sports section of a philadelphia newspaper, his dream job. Anything he did that year, eating, sleeping, work, no longer served any purpose besides distracting him from thinking about her. As time moved forward his affection towards her diminished, he no longer loved her personally, but the memory of her that resided within his mind. The day that everyone but her, sent him an email proclaiming that her wedding was cancelled, was the day he realized he had to move on.

Whenever he recollects on the "night" he realizes how stupid he had been. He knew that she felt something towards him, the kiss they shared proved that, but she wasn't the type of girl to cancel a wedding for another man, or so he thought. Later as he thought about it he came to the realization that if he had shared his feelings for her before the booze cruise, back when it was still an open ended engagement he might have had a better chance. But he decided to be a coward and wait, and when he finally decided to tell her how he felt she was weeks away from taking the largest step in her life, and he had asked her to take a giant step backwards and that was why she rejected him.

He had been a sports writer for six months when he had met Karen. They were at a blockbuster on a Friday night, and while waiting in line she pointed out that they were both holding a copy of 10 Things I Hate About You. This opened up a discussion where they both embarrassingly admitted that they shared a love-hate relationship with the movie. He asked her out to dinner while walking her out to her car. While they were waiting for their meals to come out they began talking about work; she revealed that she was a sales executive at staples but had previously worked for Dunder Mifflin, he couldn't believe the irony of him constantly falling for girls who worked for Dunder Mifflin. They had been dating two and a half years and he was waiting for the right moment to present her with the diamond ring he bought.

Pam Beesley the girl he fell in love with and couldn't stop thinking about, rejected him and forced him to run away three years ago and he hasn't seen her since.
Chapter End Notes:
I know I said there would only be three chapters but I realized that the story is much larger than that so expect more chapters. Please review I would love to improve my writing in any way.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans