- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first attempt at writing anything. I've been reading all the Office fanfic I can, so consider yourselves my teachers. I hope I get a passing grade!!
Getting Ready

Pam walked into the office to start another Dunder Mifflin Friday. After the fiasco last week of the Benjamin Franklin ‘stripper’, she was in no mood for any more drama or hijinx. Phyllis’ bachelorette party was tonight and Pam thought she really did not have the strength to go. No more strippers.

But, it was for Phyllis. Her maids of honor had contacted the women of the office and had requested that they join them at Banana Slings, the male strip club in Dunsmore. They knew that Pam, Kelly, Karen, Meredith and Angela were all pretty close to Phyllis and may just be up for a fun night out to celebrate Phyllis’ wedding. And Pam liked Phyllis. She always seemed to have a soft spot in her heart for Pam, so she figured, why not. She owed herself a night out. After that ‘talk’ she had with Karen about Jim’s kiss ‘not being a big deal’ (it was), Pam was glad that Karen had other plans and would not be there. One less awkward moment to relive.

Kelly had been a bulldozer. If Pam had had any notions of not going, Kelly would have physically picked her up and carried her there. Pam chuckled to herself that when it came to going out and having a good time, Kelly was a force of nature unto herself. And, deep down she knew that she was a good friend and only wanted her to have a good time.

Meredith was also excited to go and had been talking about strippers and lap dances nonstop for the last couple of days. She was quite graphic with her details of how to place a dollar bill into a g-string without giving a guy a paper cut. Pam had to admit it was a funny story. Angela had stormed out of the lunchroom after that story and had refused to go to the party. Phyllis, Meredith, Pam and Kelly all looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Angela would not be missed.

Therefore, the plan was for Kelly and Meredith to meet at Pam’s house and they would all taxi to Banana Slings together after a little wine, as Kelly said, “To get them in the right frame of mind”. When they got to Pam’s apartment, they opened a nice bottle of red wine and turned on some music. Kelly and Meredith were both dressed up pretty nicely. Meredith asked Pam if she was going to get ready and Pam looked at her and said, “What’s wrong with what I have on?”

“Pam, you can’t wear what you wear to work every day,” whined Kelly. “Lets get you looking nice and sexy for all those hot strippers!” she cooed. Meredith chimed in that Pam had a smoking body and she should show it off a little more. “Pam, you would have all the guys eating out of the palm of your hand if you just upped your game a little bit”. Pam was reminded that the stripper Dwight had hired last week had said she could strip. Yeah, right, she thought. Who would want to see me wiggling my butt on stage? Deep down she knew who would. And it kind of thrilled her that she would like to do that for him. Jim.

Wow. That wine went right to my head. I better pace myself. Him. Jim.

So Kelly and Meredith went to Pam’s closet and started to put together some outfits for Pam. After a few misses and a few “No ways” from Pam, the final outfit was a tight red long-sleeved t-shirt under a black velvet vest and a pair of low-slung faded jeans. They hugged her in all the right places. OK, so it wasn’t really dressed up, but Pam felt it was comfortable and she looked good. Fine by her.

While they were finishing off their third glass of wine, Kelly mentioned that her cousin had worked with a guy who was a stripper on weekends. Meredith said that that was hot… was he all buff and sexy at work? “No, and that’s the weird thing, said Kelly. My cousin said he was pretty normal at work and no one knew or would have guessed he was a stripper. He just didn’t look like that with all his clothes on!”

Meredith chimed in with, “Who do you think would be a good stripper at good old Dunder Mifflin?” Of course Kelly lamented that Ryan would have been great. And maybe Darryl. Meredith looked like she was really picturing them in g-strings and said “Roy, and maybe Michael… but definitely Jim” Kelly agreed. He would be really hot!

Oh, boy. Either it’s the wine or, ummm, but yeah. Jim. Him. Jim. He’s got the nice wide
shoulders, thin at the hip. Hmmmm.


“Hey Pam, said Kelly. You look like you’re a million miles away. Who do you think would be a good stripper?” “Oh, I think Toby, maybe Oscar, replied Pam in a not so convincing voice. They could ‘shake their booty’s for us, right?” But her mind was racing with thoughts of Jim.

He was so graceful playing basketball. Nice legs…

Pam was relieved when the taxi got there and they piled in for their ride. It was only 20 minutes or so, but while Meredith and Kelly discussed what the ‘talent’ at the strip club would look like, she couldn’t keep her mind from wandering. Jim. Him. Nice wide shoulders… his green eyes. How she had really messed things up by not letting him know she had called off the wedding. And now he’s with Karen.

Pam was startled out of her thoughts by Kelly.

“Pam, you look so sad. We’re going to have a great time tonight. I’m going to get you a lap dance from the cutest guy there tonight!

“Oh, no Kelly”, said Pam. “You really don’t have to do that. I’m fine. Just ‘bracing’ myself for all the fun”
But Kelly wouldn’t budge. She promised Pam a lap dance and she grabbed her hand and they walked into Banana Slings.
Chapter End Notes:

==================================
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans