- Text Size +
He rolled over and slowly opened his eyes, a smile breaking out on his face. Seeing Pam sleeping next to him was possibly the best thing he had ever seen in his life. He looked over at the clock – 9:30. He pressed a kiss to her temple and rolled out of bed. He grabbed his boxers off the floor and headed to the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the mirror, smiling. Good thing he didn’t mind brushing his teeth with his finger and some toothpaste – Lord knows he didn’t want to greet Pam with horrendous morning breath. He opened the door and took a step out into the hallway.

“You need this?”

“SHIT!” He yelled, falling back into the wall. Jamie just smiled. “Morning sunshine.”

“You just scared the crap out of me.”

“Well, then, don’t sneak around the damn place like my parents are going to catch you. We’re all adults here.” He looked at her feet, noticing the black suitcase.

“Is that mine?”

“Yeah, I grabbed it from Ryan’s car last night. Thought you might need it this morning.” Jim reached over and grabbed the handle.

Jamie looked toward the closed door. “So, are things…”

Jim just smiled. “Things are fine. We fought, we talked, we…”

Jamie’s hands flew up and over her ears. “I don’t need to know!” she shouted. Jim just laughed. He leaned in and gave her a light kiss on the cheek. “Thanks for making me come here.”

“Well, if you brought my sister back, no thanks is needed. If not, I’ll kick your ass.”

“I’ve got like a foot on you!”

“Is that a challenge, Jim?”

He shook his head. “Not at all. Nope, not a challenge in the slightest.”

Jamie nodded. “Good! Now, I think someone is waiting for you! See you later.” Jamie patted him on the shoulder and shut the bathroom door.

Jim slipped back into Pam’s room and shut the door.

“Were you and Jamie fighting?” Jim smiled as she opened one sleepy eye.

“Nah, she was just threatening to kick my ass.”

“OK, so it’s a normal morning. Good to know.” Jim slipped into bed and Pam turned over, curling up next to him, head resting on his shoulder.

“So, you and my sister have an interesting conversation?”

“Well, she brought me my bag from Ryan’s car…”

Pam slapped her forehead. “THAT’s how you got in the house last night! You ran into Jamie out.” Jim just nodded. “We’ll have to thank her later” she whispered, kissing her way up his neck.

“Well, if you plan on thanking her this way, mind if I watch?” Pam giggled and crawled on top of Jim. “Depends on how good you are this morning.”

Jim pushed himself up into a sitting position, pulling Pam flush to his chest. “Well, let’s just see if I can meet your standards.”

+++

They finally got out of bed when Jamie pounded on the door at 1 that afternoon. The three of them hung out at the house for the rest of day, drinking and eating and laughing.

As the sun was setting, Pam walked back outside with beers for the three of them as Jamie pulled back out of a hug with Jim. Pam watched as she wiped her eyes and looked over at her. Jamie walked toward her and pulled her in for a fierce hug. “I love you Pammy, you know that right?”

Pam just smiled. “I love you too, James! What’s up with you?”

Jamie took a step back and wiped her eyes again. “Nothing. I’m just… I guess I’m just glad your back.” Pam just nodded. “Me too.” Jamie started to laugh. “OK, enough of the mush. I’ve got to pee.”

Pam just shook her head and handed Jim his beer, dropping into the lounge chair with him. They sat in silence for a few minutes, drinking their beer. Jim noticed that Pam’s face had changed, that her expression was different.

“Spit it out, Pam” he said, placing his beer on the ground.

“How did you know…”

“I spent years watching you. I know your expressions and this one… well, I know means you are thinking about something. So, spit it out!”

Pam turned toward him. “I want to go with you.” It wasn’t much more than a whisper and if Jim hadn’t been paying attention, he wouldn’t have heard her.

“Go with me? Where?”

“To Stamford. I’m assuming you start your new job on Monday, right?”

“Well, yeah, but…” He just looked at her. “Wait, you want to come with me, as in…” Pam just nodded. “Yeah. I haven’t felt like myself in a really long time, until last night, when you showed up here and made me scream and yell and cry and give in to how I felt. I don’t… I can’t lose that again.”

“Pam, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Yes, you are and I don’t want to be two hours away from you, not now, not ever. Please – I’ll get my own place, or something, but I just…”

He silenced her with a scorching kiss. She moaned as his tongue dueled with hers. She threw her leg over his lap and straddled him, kissing him for all she was worth.

“GET A ROOM!” They broke apart and Pam looked up at her sister, who was smiling at them for the doorway. “Jamie, I’m moving to Stamford.”

Jamie walked onto the patio. “Well, duh Pam! I figured as much.”

“No, I mean now.”

Jamie just shrugged. “Yeah, and?”

Pam just laughed. “Leave it to you to take all the fun out of this for me.”

“Oh sis, I’d imagine you’ll be having plenty of fun later on.”

“JAMIE!!”

“What, we’re all adults here.” Jim was laughing hysterically. Pam frowned at him. “Stop encouraging her.”

“Come on, you two. I’m craving Mexican. Let’s go eat.” Jim dropped a kiss on Pam’s nose and lifted her off his lap. He laced his fingers through Pam and threw his other arm over Jamie’s shoulder. “My treat.”

“No kidding” Jamie shot back at him, smiling.

THE END


agd300 is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Breathe also liked 1856 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans