- Text Size +
She pushed herself out of the chair, staring at him. “I asked you what you are doing here.” He just looked at her. He could see the sadness on her face and he hated that she felt that way. He just wanted her to smile.

“Thought we could check out the Scrantonicity tape again.” He ducked as she threw her wine glass at him, causing it to shatter against the wall.

“NO WAY!! You don’t get to… to do what you did and then show up here, cracking jokes like nothing is wrong. It’s all wrong and it’s your fault!” She knew her face was bright red and that she was probably waking up the neighbors, but she didn’t care at this point.

Jim squared his shoulders and glared at her. “Excuse me, my fault?”

She nodded. “Yes, your fault. I had to cancel the wedding and that’s your fault.”

Jim laughed. “Yeah, Pam, last time I checked, you were a big girl.”

She could feel the anger coming to a boil. “So, what… you just get to… do what you did but you don’t think you should have to take any of the responsibility for the aftermath?”

Jim took a step toward her. “You can say the word Pam. We kissed… we being the important word there. I wasn’t alone in that kiss. You responded in kind, so don’t try to lay all this on me!”

She took a step toward him, poking him in the chest. “Why the hell shouldn’t I? You screw things up and then run away to Stamford without even…”

“Good God, Pam, what the hell did you expect me to do? Stick around and play Uncle Jim to your kids?”

“I NEEDED YOU TO FIGHT FOR ME!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. Jim froze, eyes wide, staring at her. Pam continued to advance on him, poking him with her fingers, screaming at him. “HOW DARE YOU! You just up and leave me after kissing me like that, after making me think that…” He could see the tears building in her eyes. “You weren’t here when I needed you! You can’t just… you can’t just make me feel like that then disappear from my life. How dare you show me what its like to be loved, to able to breathe freely and then leave me alone!”

His back hit the wall and he was itching to touch her. “Pam…”

Hearing him say her name broke something inside of her. The tears streamed down her face and she started breathing heavily. “You… you can’t… you can’t just leave me like that. You don’t… you can’t… you don’t just up and leave someone you claim to love because it’s not fair when they love you back and your not there!” He can’t do anything but watch her sob and struggle for breathe as he processes her words. When he finally realizes what she is saying, he grabs her face in his hands, forcing her eyes to his. “You love me?” he asked quietly.

She tried to pull away from him, but he wouldn’t let her. “Pam…”

Her eyes met his and he could see anger and sadness in her eyes. “I… I don’t know, Jim. You were gone and I’ve been here, lost, broken hearted, hurt and sad. These feelings, how I’ve been feeling the last week… it’s why… why I didn’t want to love you. I knew that if I gave in to those feelings that you would have the power to destroy me!”

He shook his head, wiping her tears off her face with his thumbs. “Pam, I would never…”

“But you did!” She ripped her face from his hands and covered her face with her own hands, sobbing uncontrollably into her palms. He watched her shake and cry. He needed to do something. He needed to show her that she wasn’t alone, that he only wanted her to be happy. Every sob she made cracked his heart a little more and he needed to make her stop, to make her see that…

“You’re not alone, Pam” he said as he pulled her hands off of her face and dragged her to him, assaulting her lips with his own.

TBC…

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans