- Text Size +
That Friday, after stuffing handfuls of clothing into a few worn down suitcases, the Halperts piled into their car and started the twenty minute drive to Helene’s house. Cece and Philip babbled through the whole ride, thrilled to be going on a trip. Michael was blissfully out of the office the next week for a business trip, so they had no worries about taking some time off. Jim felt surprisingly okay given everything that had happened in the past week. Pam however, barely contained her tears until they pulled up the uneven driveway and Helene appeared on the front porch. Then melted into a fit of sobs, running inside and leaving Jim with three kids to unload. He sighed, reminding himself to be supportive, but sometimes he wished he could juts break into tears and have someone come console him.
Helene took the shocking news with a smile. “Your situation may not be ideal,” she said comfortingly, “But you’re going to love this child so much.” Jim caught Pam’s eye, and she gave him a watery smile. Jim felt better already. Of course, the fact that Helene cooked dinner and put the kids to bed may have helped a bit.
“Jim, I…” Pam started when the two of them had laid down on their bed in the guest room. Jim perked up expectantly, hoping to hear an acknowledgement of the effort he’d put into the family during the last week. Instead Pam flipped over to stare at the ceiling and drifted into an uneasy silence. He let out a sigh and put his arm around his wife.

“Well, we have the place to ourselves,” Jim began with a mischievous grin. Pam sighed, flopping over on the bed.
“Not tonight, Halpert. I’m tired.”
“Come on,” he said, laying down next to her. “It may be our last night alone for a while.” Pam shook her head firmly and let out a sigh of annoyance as she felt Jim’s finger trail down her arm. Her back arched in response to his touch, and as hard as she tried, she couldn’t manage to flatten herself back down.
“Damn Jim, you can be persuasive,” Pam started, and tried not to grin at Jim’s expression. “But I’m tired and I’m going to bed.” She rolled over and tried to shake Jim’s arm off of her but suddenly every muscle in her body melted and she fell back onto the bed as Jim’s hand dove under the hem of her shorts. “No, get off of me!” she yelled, trying to mold her face into a frown, but all she could really do was press her back into the mattress.“Jim, get your dirty paws off me this minute!” she exclaimed jokingly. She really was tired and she wasn’t going to let Jim win this one. Not without a fight.
Jim’s two fingers had parted their way into her center, and Jim chuckled under his breath at what he found.
“And you said you didn’t want this.”
“I don’t,” Pam said, but her voice came out shaky, and her words were interrupted by an uncontrollable sigh that shook her whole body. “Th-this isn’t even fair,” she stammered between breaths when Jim made a move to peel off her t-shirt. “You undress first.”
At this remark, Jim laughed out loud, and his fingers began a steady rhythm inside her. Every time Pam tried to move with his pattern, Jim would speed up or slow down, sending her body into a shiver of confusion. All hope of turning back left Pam’s mind when she felt Jim’s other hand move to cup her breast. It was a move she wasn’t particularly fond of, but now it felt amazing.
Jim’s fingers had sped up their pace, and he must have known how close she was because his movements became more intense, his hand massaged her so perfectly and Pam knew she was so close. She was just about to come crashing over the edge, when it stopped. Jim’s fingers slipped out, his hand left her breast, and he reached over to the nightstand and flicked out the light.
“Good night Pam, he said, rolling away from her in the bed.”
“What, no,” she stuttered. “I wasn’t done.”
“Oh?” Jim rolled over again, his face boasting a teasing smile. “I thought you were tired?”
“No, just… I’m not tired anymore, okay?”
“Oh, so now the tables have turned,” Jim said, pulling a pillow over his head to block out Pam’s pleas.
“You suck, Jim,” she said, sitting up in the darkness. “It’s only six thirty, I’m going to take a shower.”


Hael237 is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans