- Text Size +
“Well, look who finally decided to show up,” Dwight said, clicking his stapler.
“Jim, Pam, guess what!” Michael popped his head out of his office. “Come look at this. No wait, I’ll bring it to you.” Michael ducked back in, grabbed his computer from his desk, and dragged it with him, wires popping out behind him. The computer, now unplugged, sizzled to black, and Michael groaned in frustration.
“Someone want to explain?” Jim asked to the office in general, and Phyllis waved them over excitedly.
“Trailers for the sequel are out!” she said, and Pam winced slightly at her breath. Jim peered at the computer screen, and watched as another trailer played out, this one featuring new footage. A montage of Michael’s failed comedy acts, a clip from Ceci’s christening, and a few shots of Angela and Dwight’s wedding.
“Wait, I thought the sequel wasn’t coming out until the fall,” Pam said.
“Well, they pushed it up to next month,” Michael yelled, jumping up behind the group of people who had gathered to watch Phyllis’s computer.
“What, but…” Pam looked to Jim, remembering a conversation the two of them had after the airing of the first documentary. They had been followed home by a group of people claiming to be their “biggest fans!”
“I don’t like being famous,” Pam had proclaimed as she shut all the blinds in their house tightly.
“If there’s ever another… documentary like this, we’ll skip town for a while. Go on vacation.” Jim had laughed. Pam had nodded in vigorous agreement, and although the two had never discussed it again, Pam had always promised herself that she would follow through with Jim’s idea.
“So this will be a productive work day,” Pam mumbled as she plopped down in her desk chair. Jim laughed out loud as the rest of the office slowly returned to their seats. Even Michael managed to sit in his office for the rest of the morning without any major interruptions. Pam let herself stray from filling out online forms and looked up hotels in faraway places. Hawaii? California? New Jersey? There were plenty of places Pam wanted to go, and the more she thought about it the more she wanted to get out of town fast. She found herself distracted and getting nothing done, so when she received a surprise phone call from the daycare center at lunch, she was shocked.
“Yes, vomiting from both of them and Phillip complains of stomach aches,” Mrs. Brown relayed to Pam.
“What? But they were fine this morning,” she said, gesturing to Jim at his desk. He stood up next to her, and she gave him a slight frown as she hung up.
“Phillip and Laura are sick,” she groaned, flopping into Jim’s arms.
“What? How is that possible?” Jim hastily grabbed his coat and strode toward the front of the office.
“Wait, are you sure you want to go?” Pam asked, following him. “You stay here, I’ll go get the kids. I’ll pick Ceci up straight from school instead of leaving her at daycare.” Jim looked uncertain for a moment, but nodded and slowly slumped back at his desk. He’d really been looking forward to an afternoon off from work.
Chapter End Notes:
My plot in the next few chapters may be a bit stretched, but I will try to keep things as realistic as possible.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans