- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I took some liberties with the timeline here. I don't think beach day was on a Friday, but I needed for it to be to make the rest of the story work. Please forgive me for that and any other ways I bent the show's canon. 
The bus ride back from the beach was quiet, everyone lost in their thoughts. Or maybe they were just exhausted from playing Michael’s stupid games all day.

Pam was coming down from the adrenaline rush that went along with firewalking and confessing some of her deepest feelings to Jim. Still felt pretty damn good though. It was liberating.

When they got back to the office, most people headed right for home. She was relieved to see Jim and Karen heading to their respective cars. She had to go up and try to organize her notes and she didn’t need any more awkward tonight, thank you very much. She found herself in the elevator with Ryan and Kelly.

“Oh my god, Pam. I can’t believe you did that! It was SO cool. I mean, I’d never do something like that. I’d be mortified. But you were awesome!”

Kelly’s words came out in the usual rush and for once Pam welcomed them. It was nice to make an impression, to really shock people for a minute.

“So you still really like him, huh? Man, that sucks so much. If Ryan was dating someone else, I’d die. But I’d kill him first, of course.”

Ryan rolled his eyes and Pam hid a smile.

As the elevator stopped at their floor, they headed for the office door. Pam noticed how stiffly Ryan was walking. When they got inside, he practically ran for the bathroom.

“What’s up with him?” she asked Kelly.

“Sand in his crack. It’s making him insane. He has to totally wash off before I can drive him home.”

Pam laughed out loud as she sat down behind her desk.

“Hey, Pam- Jim and Karen have that job interview next Thursday. That means you have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before he’s gone, maybe forever. If I were you, I’d use that time to try a little seduction. Make Jim think long and hard about what he really wants. LONG and HARD. Get it?”

“Yeah. I get it. And how am I supposed to do that? Strip naked in the middle of the office and fling myself at his feet?”

“It’s not the worst idea you’ve ever had.”

“Kelly!”

“No but for real. Just show a little skin. Be less frumpy for god’s sake…”

“Thanks.”

“No offense! I’m just saying. Drop your pencil and then bend over in front of him to pick it up. Say a couple of sexy things now and then. What’s it going to hurt?”

“Okay, first of all, he has a girlfriend…”

“Yeah, but you saw him first. You’d just be taking back what’s yours.”

“AND SECOND, I don’t want him to like me because I’m acting like Jessica freaking Rabbit. I want him to like me because he likes me. The real me.”

“Like he doesn’t already. Don’t be dumb. He just needs a little nudge.”

Pam sighed and tried to organize her ridiculous notes but Kelly wouldn’t stop leaning on her desk and doling out advice. Which was why Pam was almost grateful when the office door opened and Jim walked in.

“Forgot my bag,” he said, heading for his desk.

Kelly’s eyes got huge and she seemed to be holding back a laugh. She whispered “It’s a go” under her breath.

“Pam, could you hand me that tea?” Kelly pointed to the cold cup of tea Pam had left sitting on her desk that morning.

“Uh, okay?” Pam passed it over.

“Thanks,” Kelly responded cheerfully and tossed the dark brown liquid right onto Pam’s hoodie and pink tank top.

“OH MY GOD, PAM. I’m SO sorry. Here…”

Kelly unzipped the hoodie and yanked it off then grabbed the hem of Pam’s shirt and pulled it over her head as Pam sat there stunned.

“I need to wash that out RIGHT THIS MINUTE or the stain will set. I can’t believe how clumsy I am…” and she ran off to the kitchen.

Which of course left Pam sitting there in the polka dot halter top of her bikini trying to dab freezing cold tea off her chest and stomach with tissues. Until she realized that Jim hadn’t moved since Kelly had stolen her shirts. She glanced up at him and damned if he didn’t seem to be frozen in place. He was staring at her, mouth hanging slightly open. And his eyes were nowhere near her face. She glanced down at herself. Yep. The halter top really did make her breasts look amazing. She’d be lying if she said she didn’t know that. And yeah, she wore it today maybe hoping Jim would see her in it. She had been afraid it was going to go to waste.
The moment stretched for what seemed like forever. Jim staring right at her chest like he’d been poleaxed. Pam watching him stare at her. Finally, he lifted his eyes up to meet hers.

“Wow, Beesly.” His voice actually cracked when he spoke. “That’s more of you than I’ve ever seen.”

She laughed, glad to break the silence.

“Yeah. It’s a lot. I don’t usually wear a two piece but I’m trying to be a little bolder. A whole new Pam.”

“It looks...god. You look amazing.” He looked away like he’d embarrassed himself. “What are you still doing here?”

“Oh yeah. You know how Michael was making me take notes all day? I have to arrange them ‘in a way that’s extremely helpful’. His words. And let me tell you something else. My neck hurts from being hunched over writing down every single thing that happened.”

She stretched her back and shoulders, trying to loosen her muscles. When she extended her arms above her head and flexed her back, she realized she was sticking her boobs out. Jim was once again riveted. Huh. Maybe Kelly was onto something because this was kind of fun. She let out a huge sigh which made her full breasts rise and fall. Jim’s eyes were glued to her every move, his cheeks flushed, breathing hard like he’d just run a lap around the office.

“Okay, Pam!” Kelly bounced back into the room. “I got all the tea out but I couldn’t really get them dry. Sorry.”

Jim jumped like Kelly had pinched him and walked as fast as he could to where his bag was sitting.

“Yeah, I gotta go. It’s so late. Wow. See you ladies on Monday.” His words were rushed. He grabbed the bag then turned and fled the office.

Kelly grinned at Pam. “Check and mate, baby.”

Pam couldn’t help it. She smiled back. Oh yeah. The game was on.
Chapter End Notes:
This is the first of 5 chapters. I have all of it done but the last one so I can update it whenever if people actually want to read it. This is my first story so I'm extremely nervous. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans