- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jim walked into a small coffee shop after a long day at his new job at Dunder Mifflin, he worked in the corporate office as a Junior salesman. He didn’t particularly like his job but it paid the bills. While he waited for his coffee, he began to admire the watercolor paintings. One jumped out at him, the building looked strikingly similar to where he went to Middle School. Then he noticed the placard placed next to the painting, that stated, “Scranton Middle School By Pamela Beesley, Please ask barista for pricing information” As Jim looked more carefully he spotted what was unmistakably his bike on the bike rack right next to hers. He immediately went to the barista and asked about the pricing, “$75.” She stated.

“I’ll take it. Does the artist work here?”  

“Yes, everyday from noon to 5pm.”

“Great, thanks.” Jim said as she finished wrapping the painting. He started to walk  out the door with a new spring in his step.

“Sir, your coffee!” The barista shouted after him, but he was out the door.


The next day.

Jim walked into the coffee shop with a bouquet of roses. He saw her immediately, her back was turned, but he would recognize that hair if it was 100 miles away. He stood waiting to order. She turned around, and without looking up started apologizing for keeping him waiting, while wiping her nose on a napkin.

“I’ll have an iced coffee, room for cream. And uh are you okay?”

“Yeah, they are mostly happy tears. That’ll be $4.50.”

Jim handed her his debit card. She swiped it, then did a double take on the name on it, and looked up.

“Hi”

“Omg……What are you doing here?”

“Well I came in yesterday, and I bought the painting of the school.”

“You, you were the guy that bought it.”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Well 1. It was amazing how you made a concrete building look so beautiful. 2. I don’t think i really have another reason, but I came back today because after 13 years, a promise is a promise and I am a man of integrity.” He said, holding up his pinky.” So, do you want to get dinner?”

While he spoke Pam had come out from behind the counter, and was now standing in front of him, “yes.” she said linking her pinky with his.

“Then it’s a date. Oh, these are for you.” he handed her the roses.





You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans