- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Roy notices Pam. Set after S3E17 "Cocktails"

Once he got home, he wasn’t quite as upset as he had been.

 

Oh, he was still going to kill Jim Halpert. He had said it, and he had meant it, and he still meant it. He was going to go up to Halpert and punch him in his skinny, self-satisfied face until it stopped moving.

 

But he wasn’t upset at Halpert anymore.

 

No, he was simply determined.

 

If he was upset at anyone it, was at Pammy. How could she do that? How could she kiss Halpert when they were only a few weeks away from finally getting married? She’d bugged him and bugged him to set a date, and he had, and then as soon as he had she turned around and kissed Halpert?

 

Worse, she said she had “feelings” for him, whatever the hell that meant. I’ll bet she had feelings, he thought, she’s probably been feeling Halpert as often as he’d let her.

 

How long had this been going on? Had they been running around behind his back? Sure, Pammy said that that was the only time, that she’d broken it off with him immediately when she did it (he knew that was true, at least if Casino Night was the only time, because he could still remember that next morning and the dull ache in his chest that was now a burning ember). But how could he trust her? How could he really believe that she’d just suddenly decided to make out with Halpert, to have “feelings” for Halpert, completely out of the blue?

 

And then to come back to him? To make him believe they had a chance again, that they were a couple again, only to tell him that they needed a “fresh start” and that she’d fucking kissed Halpert? Why the hell had she toyed with him like that? Why’d she tell him there was no other guy if there was? Hell, he’d guessed! He’d asked her point-blank if it was Halpert, and she’d…

 

Actually, she hadn’t necessarily lied. That just made him angrier right now thinking about it, because he’d been such a fool, thinking she’d answered the question when she hadn’t. She’d just said “this is about you and me and how you take me for granted” and…well, he’d blown up at her and the question about Halpert had just sat there unanswered. Until tonight. Until she stood there drinking her damn lite beer (and since when did Pammy drink lite beer? They’d never had any in the house before) and telling him about kisses and feelings and then having the gall to tell him it was over as if he was the one who’d done something wrong.

 

He hadn’t cheated on her. He hadn’t even really fucked anyone else since they broke up, not that he hadn’t had opportunities (though, OK, yes, he was probably too drunk to function those times, so it was probably for the best nothing had come of it). When she’d said “no secrets” he’d thought it was cute, like she was worried he’d been keeping stuff from her when he’d actually managed to keep it together—but no, it had all been about her. It had been about her “feelings” and her “kisses” and her damn Jim.

 

Fucking Halpert.

 

And now they didn’t even have the jet-ski money, because Pam hadn’t had the good grace to tell him in private or somewhere he could let off some steam freely, and so he and Kenny had had to bribe their way out of Poor Richards’ calling the cops. Sure, they’d smashed some glassware, and maybe a mirror or two. He’d had a right to be pissed.

 

But he wasn’t upset now.

 

No, he was angry.

 

He was angry at little Pammy Beesly for whatever this charade of getting back together had been, for not telling him the truth when she broke up with him in the first place, for making him feel like second place to Jim Goddamn Halpert.

 

And he was beyond angry at Halpert for kissing his girlfriend. Damn it, he’d known it. He’d told the man to keep an eye on her, told him by implication that he was keeping an eye on him, and he’d still gone and done it. Still messed things up between him and Pammy. Because when it came down to it, Pammy had to be confused, right? She’d been happy, they’d been happy, and then Halpert puts his damn lips on her and talks about feelings and suddenly she’s calling off the wedding. Suddenly he’s walking on eggshells just to get near her, and when he finally manages it she’s still talking to him about fucking Halpert. Even when the guy has a girlfriend of his own he can’t stop messing up Roy’s life.

 

It was time to show Halpert that he can’t go kissing other people’s people. Time to mess up those lips that went where they weren’t supposed to. Time to go kill Jim Halpert.

Chapter End Notes:
I know, going for Roy's POV is the easy one here, but I think it's also a good place to hit his progression. And hopefully there's enough of what Pam was really thinking hidden behind Roy's version of it for y'all to suss it out. Thanks for reading!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans