44 [Reviews - 49] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: It's 2020, and tragedy strikes the Halperts’. What happens when their world comes crashing around them, leaving Cecelia and Philip in shock, in a world that is so unforgiving, and often times, unfair. Written in the past, and present, watch the Halpert's grieve, grow, and love.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Kids/Family, Married, Suspense
Warnings: Possible Triggers
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes
Word count: 24031 Read: 19905 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: September 11, 2020 Updated: October 25, 2020
[Report This]
Story Notes:
Written based on true events in my own life, the grief and love that grow when you’re pushed through the hardest times in your life.

1. Chapter 1 by JHalpert [Reviews - 10] 7 (1940 words)
Author Notes: I have recently popped back onto MTT this year, after not being here reading and writing since 2010, my senior year of college. I’m now 32, a lot has changed, I’ve found my Pam, and I think it’s time for me to revisit a passion of mine that I’ve been ignoring for a while...writing. Especially writing about my two favorite characters still to this day.

Just a reminder, I own absolutely nothing.

2. Chapter 2 by JHalpert [Reviews - 3] 3 (1713 words)
We're heading into the future on this chapter. Buckle in, it's a tough one.

3. Chapter 3 by JHalpert [Reviews - 2] 1 (1751 words)
Thank you all for hanging on with me, I know this has been tough, but I promise it's not as bleak as it seems. I appreciate the reviews and jellybeans so much!

Reminder, I own nothing.

4. Chapter 4 by JHalpert [Reviews - 3] 4 (2324 words)
As promised, good things are coming the Halpert's way. I’m so grateful you’ve stuck with me through this, there’s much more to come. I hope you enjoy all the subtle references in this chapter. As always, reviews keep me going and help the creative process! And of course...I own nothing.

5. Chapter 5 by JHalpert [Reviews - 2] 2 (1762 words)
We're going back to the past here to relive some of Jim's memories with his kids. I love these little moments and how they relate to the larger story. Thank you all so much for your time reading and reviewing. If you haven't left a comment I'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions!

And remember...I don't own anything. Except a goldfish, named Cookie, who lived exactly four hours.

6. Chapter 6 by JHalpert [Reviews - 2] 2 (1687 words)
Recovering from a major accident takes time, and patience. Something that's not easy for everyone, especially not for Jim. Cecelia may just hold the key to helping her Dad pull through.

Remember, I own absolutely nothing except two adorable puppies who step on my laptop while I try to write.

7. Chapter 7 by JHalpert [Reviews - 4] 2 (1896 words)
First, we do have to return to the past, and while I know it's not easy, trust me, the ending of this chapter is some nice payoff.

Music for me is the key to getting in the right headspace for this story, I thought I might share some of the music that I listen to while writing this story. Theres a wide variety but I'll share some that get me thinking about Jim and Pam.
In my daughters eyes- Martina McBride
Ordinary Miracle- Sarah McLaughlin
Out of my League- Stephen Speaks
Basket Case- Sara Bareillis
Humble and Kind- Tim McGraw
Father and Daughter- Paul Simon
Closer to Fine- Indigo Girls

Remember, as much as I wish I owned these characters, I own absolutely nothing.

8. Chapter 8 by JHalpert [Reviews - 2] 1 (1906 words)
This chapter is near and dear to my heart, you'll see why.

As a reminder, I own absolutely nothing.

9. Chapter 9 by JHalpert [Reviews - 4] 5 (2602 words)
This chapter came so naturally to write. I was nervous about writing Michael, but it just fit so perfectly. A little longer this time, please leave reviews, I love hearing your thoughts!

10. Chapter 10 by JHalpert [Reviews - 4] 4 (1885 words)
As this story moves toward the beginning of an end, we discover some of the lurking thoughts of Jim, as well as a surprise at the end.

A reminder, I don't own anything.

11. Chapter 11 by JHalpert [Reviews - 3] 1 (1986 words)
Bringing the past to the present! Some of the italics, if not for emphasis, are in ASL :)

Reminder, I own nada.

12. Chapter 12 by JHalpert [Reviews - 5] 5 (848 words)
We've caught up to the present. A quick but sweet update. More to come very soon, but in a new place!

13. An Ending to a Beginning by JHalpert [Reviews - 5] 7 (1731 words)
Woof, we have come a LONG way. This is the ending to Humble and Kind, and a lovely one in my opinion. However, I will be starting a sequel here in just a few days that takes place in Nashville, and I truly hope you'll come back around for that! I've felt so overjoyed to work through a true story from my life, and to bring the Halpert's even closer through it. I thank you ALL for your contributions through the discord, your AMAZING reviews, and I hope to see you all back very very soon!