- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A short little ending to this story. :) I hope you enjoyed reading it!
“You’ve done enough driving, let me take the rest of the way,” Jim offered as they came out of the gas station, arms full of caloric goodness.

She smiled, handed him the keys, and tiptoed to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“How dare you,” he joked and they both giggled.

She took great delight in watching Jim squeeze into the driver seat of her little car, his knees basically touching the steering wheel until he could locate the lever to move his seat back. And even though he was much too tall, she couldn’t help but feel like he fit just perfectly. She put her fingers through the back of his hair and sighed with content remembering waking up with his arms around her that morning. They had fallen asleep watching the movie and he just decided to stay after that. She had to admit that it wasn’t exactly how she had imagined waking up to Jim Halpert in her bed (fully dressed) but she wasn’t complaining.

Jim cracked open another grape soda and the sound made her think about their drive to New York, just a few days prior. In a matter of days they had gone from barely talking to barely being able to keep their hands off each other. She was amazed at how familiar it all felt and how comforting it was, just like seeing that purple can sitting in Jim’s hand. He caught her staring at him and he shifted his eyes around, smiling.

“What?”

“Nothing,” she replied. “Just happy.”

She tasted the grape soda on his lips as he leaned in to kiss her.

As they drove past the Pennsylvania state line, Pam looked down at Jim’s thumb tracing circles on her hand and wondered how she had ever let him walk out that door all those months ago—how she had allowed herself to deny how she felt. She promised herself she would never let him go again.

——————

They arrived at Jim’s apartment and Pam turned to him.

“How about we make an amendment to our plan.”

“What do you mean?”

“How about I say goodnight to youon your doorstep.”

Jim jokingly put a finger to his chin in thought. “I’m good with that.”

He walked around the car and opened her door. He took her hand and walked to his apartment. At the door he wrapped his arms around her waist and threw her into a deep kiss.

He trailed his lips down her neck. “I...have...another amendment,” he said between each kiss.

“Hmmm?” She could barely think coherent thoughts, let alone speak them.

“We count our crappy gas station snacks as me buying you dinner.”

“Yup,” she breathed as he brushed his hand under her blouse along the small of the back. “And,” she squeezed her eyes shut as he slid just the tip of his fingers past the top of her jeans, “flowers make me sneeze, so we can just skip that part.”

“Deal,” he said against her lips. “And I promise I’ll call you. All the time.”

She broke away and gave him a suggestive look. “What a great date. I guess that just leaves one more thing.”

Jim’s face lit up with a grin and he grabbed her behind the back of the thighs and lifted her up, her legs wrapping around his hips. He put his lips to hers again and he scrambled behind him to find the door knob. Finding it, he opened the door and they backed inside.

“Thanks for the ride, Beesly.”

She smiled against his lips as he turned around and pushed her against the door to close it.

“Anytime, Halpert.”
Chapter End Notes:
I’ll let you use your imagination for what happens next. ;) Thank you so much for all the reviews and for reading this story! It was really fun to write.


WanderingWatchtower is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Something Familiar also liked 1456 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans