- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Andy has a lot going on. I did my best. Hahaha
The Nard Dog. Andrew. Andy "Call Me Drew" Bernard.

He's a guy who grew up getting what he wanted, for the most part. It was always less than his younger brother, but by most people's standards he was handed quite a lot in his life. A wealthy family, social connections, the whole nine yards.

So it's not too much of a stretch to see why he thought nearly every woman he came across was interested in him. He had an inflated sense of confidence that came from growing up so privileged. Pair that with his crippling desire to be accepted, and you have a recipe for some definite mishaps in the love department.

He had a few girlfriends before he started at Dunder Mifflin. A couple were solid matches, if I do say so myself, but life (or a few too many "rit-dit-dit-di-doo"s) got in the way and things ended.

When he started working at the Stamford branch of Dunder Mifflin, there were a few attempts at dating coworkers. I tried to keep my distance, mostly for the women's sakes. Eventually, the Stamford branch closed and merged with Scranton and Andy was very excited to have a brand new city of women to delusionally think wanted him.

For legal reasons, I am not allowed to discuss Andy's first girlfriend in Scranton. Our resident Goddess of Justice and Law, Themis, has advised me to remain vague about any details surrounding their relationship. Just know that it was frowned upon due to the ages of the parties involved. Also, I had nothing to do with it. That was all Andy.

Moving on.

Now, when you have a man like Andy that craves female attention, and you give him a woman who is heartbroken and a touch (okay, more than a touch) angry about a dead cat, things happen.

Let me explain.

After some failed attempts at wooing a few women in the office, Andy set his sights on Angela Martin. Normally, this would have fizzled before it even began, but he happened to catch Angela at a time where she would like nothing more than a reason to move on from her previous relationship (and perhaps cause some jealousy). I kind of knew the match wasn't perfect, but you know what? I was tired of watching Andy make a complete fool of himself with every other woman, so I threw the Nard Dog a little bone and gave Angela a slight push in his direction.

However, I did not expect him to propose.

Nor did I expect her to say yes.

Or continue having…relations...with her ex.

Why must you humans always find a way to complicate everything?

I truly felt sorry for Andy. The match was probably doomed from the start, but he tried. He was a little oblivious and blind, but...he tried. So when Erin began working at Dunder Mifflin, I saw an opportunity.

A quick pause to explain something here. While I have the power of persuasion and a keen understanding of people in order to match them, I do not have the ability to see how things will end up. I never know if a couple will stay together, even if they do everything seemingly "right".

Erin and Andy turned out to be a solid pairing but good heavens, it took them a while to get there. I sent my sparrows to both of them. They received both of them. But then this weird little dance occurred where neither of them could just make it clear they were interested and I've never seen anything so frustrating.

Eventually they figured it out and began dating. Andy finally found a girl that appreciated his quirks and it was nice to see him happy, even if he was usually one of the primary sources of my headaches in Scranton.

But then, because I can't just get a solid win with Andy, he failed to inform Erin about the fact that he was engaged to Angela once and they broke up.

Andy began dating Jessica after that and Erin dated…sigh...Gabe. Jessica was a fine enough pairing for Andy but Gabe? That was definitely not my doing. Must have been Eros. But it became apparent that Erin and Andy were a better pairing for each other as I watched them try to navigate a friendship after breaking up.

Thankfully, Erin came to her senses on her own and broke up with Gabe. But Andy, well, I may have broken my own rules and meddled just a tad. You see, Erin and Andy, on a fundamental level, were good for each other. And since I have a soft spot for Erin, I simply reminded Andy about the feelings he once had for her. His breakup with Jessica was awkward to witness but Erin and Andy were back together.

Until he SCREWED IT UP AGAIN and left on a boat without her, then came back and treated her like garbage.

I tried, people. I really tried.

And I don't want to talk about it anymore.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans