- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I should mention that with all of these chapters, I've pulled things from deleted scenes, interviews, Office Ladies podcasts, webisodes, Dunderpedia...basically anything I could find. Even still, I'm sure I'll miss something or get something wrong. But this is just my creative interpretation, so be gentle and enjoy. (That's what she said.)


I don't really like to discuss my failures, but in order for you to get a full picture of the peculiar specimen that is Dunder Mifflin Scranton, I suppose I must.

Meredith Palmer grew up just outside of Scranton. As a latchkey child with a single mom, she began seeking attention from other places from a fairly young age. By the time she was 19, having ignored every push I had given her to find someone who actually suited her, she married her first husband, Robby. Things were turbulent to say the least, but at that point there was not much I could do to help. Eventually she ended up pregnant and Robby ended up in jail. (Meredith claims he was a serial killer, but Meredith also claims she isn't an alcoholic, so I'll let you be the judge. Rumor has it that it was actually tax fraud.)

She had her son Jake and did her best to raise the little hellion by herself. He was always biting other kids at daycare and generally became a nuisance wherever he went. Luckily for Meredith, she met Greg. After her divorce, Meredith decided to go back to school for her PhD and the two of them had several courses together. And Greg…well, Greg was what we might call "out of her league". But I knew that somewhere in there, if she played her cards right, they had a chance together. So, I nudged Greg along (Meredith needed no urging--she tended to pounce on any man that so much as blinked at her) and they began dating. Meredith fell hard and she fell fast. But only a month after starting their courtship, Meredith became pregnant again.

That was not in my plan.

They decided to marry and try to make it work, but once the baby was born, Meredith began drinking again and she and Greg divorced a week after their second anniversary as things began to implode. Greg was granted full custody of their daughter, Meredith grabbed the first job she could find at Dunder Mifflin, and once again it was Meredith and Jake against the world.

But coincidentally, that's not my failure I referenced earlier. You see, after Greg, Meredith never found love again. She found men, sure, but not love. To this day, I have had no success getting her to listen to me. It's as if she completely tunes me out. To be completely honest, I'm not sure she feels like she's worthy of love again, which is absolutely untrue. This--love--is my specialty and I assure you with complete certainty, that everyone is deserving of love.

Even if that's not water in her water bottle. But you didn't hear that from me.
Chapter End Notes:
I know it's short (again, what she said) and a lot of these will be until we get to bigger characters, but I still hope you like reading them! :) Thanks for the kind reviews so far!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans