- Text Size +
Story Notes:

When discussing first date fics with Yellowberry22, their thoughts on Jim and Pam getting it on were that they like them to wait, because Jim was just out of Karen. Literally. But also, just get on with it, I wanna read some smut already. But really, don't we all?

So hopefully this fixes it for you!

Thanks to emxgoldstars for stepping in and replacing my usual terrible beta. 

Happy birthday YB, this one's for you!

Also, I don't own anything here. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

The left aligned text is one date, and the right aligned text in italics is another date.

The bold text in the centre is common to both dates. 

"Alright...Then it's a date."

Pam could only hear the loud thudding of her heartbeat in her ears as she sat in the conference room. Her mind was racing at a thousand miles an hour. A date? Oh my god, a date with Jim. A date? What does that mean? Does he really mean a ‘date' date? Has he broken up with Karen? How did the job interview go? Why is he asking me on a date? We've hardly spoken since Michael's pretend attempt to jump off the roof, other than at the beach, what has changed? Maybe it's just a ‘friend date', like a catch up? Well he wouldn't have said date then would he? What underwear am I wearing? Oh god I hope I have time to go home and sort my hair out. Oh my god, a date with Jim. Relax. Breathe. Listen to what they are asking. Oh shit, what did he just say?

Her head snapped up. "I'm sorry, what was the question?" she asked, unable to stop smiling, despite her mind going into overload.

"Um, you know what, never mind. We'll pick things up tomorrow. Enjoy your evening."

She smiled at the interviewer and as calmly as she could, walked back to her desk, trying to keep her eyes down, despite desperately trying to search for Jim. As she sat down, she could see that his desk was empty and his monitor was off, but then she noticed her cell phone flashing. She flipped it open and saw a message from Jim's number:

I'm really looking forward to tonight, I'll pick you up at your place at 7pm. I know there's a lot we need to talk about, but I just want to be with you.

She read the message six times before it finally sunk in. We do need to talk. But he wants to be with me? He wants to be with me. She couldn't hide the smile on her face, and prayed that no one was paying her any attention. She watched the clock tick for 47 minutes. As soon as it reached 5pm, she grabbed her purse and ran out of the door.

After rushing home, Pam raided her messy closet for something to wear. She pulled out her jeans first. Too casual? Next a black dress, with spaghetti straps came out. Maybe too much? Where is he taking me? A dark grey skirt. No, he sees you in a skirt everyday, this needs to be special. She pulled out the dress again, giving it another once over, when a navy blue dress caught her eye. It was more casual than the black one, with a scoop neck, cute cap sleeves and was flared at the waist down to where it fell at her knees. She held it against herself and nodded at her reflection. It was cute, but modest. She'd feel comfortable getting to know her friend again wearing it. It was perfect.

As soon as she got home, Pam raided her messy closet for something to wear. She pulled out her jeans first. Too casual?  A dark grey skirt. No, he sees you in a skirt everyday, this needs to be special. Next a black dress, with spaghetti straps came out. Maybe too much? Where is he taking me? She pulled out the skirt again, giving it another once over, when a short burgundy one caught her eye. It was much shorter and revealing than the dark grey skirt, and would look great paired with her black crepe camisole. She held the skirt and top against herself and nodded at her reflection. The outfit was cute, but a little sexy and more daring than she would usually wear to the office. She'd feel confident getting to know a new side of her friend wearing it. It was perfect.

She slipped out of her work clothes, and noticed her white cotton bra and bright pink and navy blue polka dot panties. Pam toyed with the idea of changing into some of her, as yet unworn, lingerie, but stopped herself. This date wasn't going to be about sex, or anything remotely close to sex. They had a lot to talk through on both sides, and that was the most important part. To reconnect with Jim. The temptation to have any more than a goodnight kiss would be removed if she knew, and only she knew, what she was wearing beneath her dress.  

She slipped out of her work clothes, and noticed her white cotton bra and bright pink and navy blue polka dot panties. She immediately reached into her dresser for the burgundy lingerie that she had bought, but had never worn. She wasn't intending the date to be about sex, but she wanted to be prepared. She knew that there was a lot to talk through from both sides, but a part of her wanted to say screw it. The most important thing was to reconnect with Jim, whatever way it would happen. And knowing what she was wearing under her outfit would give her the confidence to do so. And if Jim happened to see it, well, it wouldn't be so bad, would it?

With her outfit selected, Pam removed the barrette from her hair and brushed out the frizz. After straightening it, she styled her hair in soft, loose curls that she left down to frame her face. She applied her make up, slightly more than usual, but still natural. She just wanted to look like herself, but a slightly more put together version of herself. She reached for her favourite perfume and sprayed it on her pulse points before looking at her reflection in the mirror. Breathe, just breathe, she told herself as she felt her heartbeat begin to quicken. Pam glanced at the clock, it was only 6.30pm. What am I going to do for another 30 minutes? She went into the open plan living room, pulled out a book and tried to focus, but she couldn't stop her leg from shaking. Wine, I need wine. She grabbed a glass from a kitchen cupboard, and a bottle of white from the refrigerator and poured herself a small glass. After putting the bottle back, she made her way back over to the sofa to count down the minutes until 7pm.

Wearing her new outfit, Pam removed the barrette from her hair and brushed out the frizz. She straightened it and then styled her hair in soft, loose curls that she left down to frame her face. She applied her make up, slightly more than usual, giving herself just the hint of pink cheeks and darker lips than normal. She just wanted to look like herself, but maybe just a slightly sexier version of herself. Oh my god, sexy? Who do I think I am? Pam wiped off the darker lips and reapplied her usual lighter colour. She reached for her favourite perfume and sprayed it on her pulse points, and dabbed a tiny drop to her cleavage that was ever so slightly visible at the scoop of her cami, before looking at her reflection in the mirror. Breathe, just breathe, she told herself as she felt her heartbeat begin to quicken. Pam glanced at the clock, it was only 6.30pm. What am I going to do for another 30 minutes? She went into the open plan living room, turned on Dazed and Confused and tried to focus, but she couldn't stop her leg from shaking. Wine, I need wine. She grabbed a glass from a kitchen cupboard, and a bottle of white from the refrigerator and made her way back over to the sofa to count down the minutes until 7pm.

Finally, Pam heard the doorbell ring. She took a deep breath, then another and then stood up. With shaking hands, she reached for the door and opened it to briefly see the top of Jim's head. He quickly snapped his head up to shoot her a sideways grin as the door fully opened. Pam felt her mouth go dry as she took in his dark jeans, soft grey sweater and his carefully combed hair. She then noticed he was staring.

"Ahem," Pam coughed. Jim shook himself out of his trance.

"Sorry Beesly," he shyly smiled. "You um, you look really pretty." Pam noticed his face redden slightly as he said it.

"Thank you. So do you. Um, no not pretty, um," she struggled for the right word, "handsome? Um, I mean you look really good." She felt herself flushing an even darker shade of red than Jim had.

"Thanks," Jim chuckled. "Uh, this is for you," he said as he held out a single yellow daisy. Pam smiled as she took it and thanked Jim, before placing it into a vase of flowers on the sideboard and grabbing her purse. She pulled the door shut behind her. 

"Thanks," Jim chuckled. "Uh, these are for you," he said as he held out a small bunch of daisies. Pam smiled as she took it and thanked Jim. "I'll just pop these into some water. Come in for a second?" she asked as she opened the door wider to allow Jim to come inside before shutting it behind him.

Pam followed Jim to his car, where he held the door open for her. As she got into the car, she felt his hand brush the small of her back. She slid into the seat with a smile, before watching Jim run around to jump into the driver's seat. They sat in silence for a few moments that seemed like hours before Jim finally spoke.

Jim followed Pam into her kitchen, where she opened a cupboard to retrieve a vase. She went to grab a stool so that she could reach the item on the top shelf of the cupboard, but Jim stopped her and easily reached it instead. She took it from him and felt his fingers brush against hers. A thick silence filled the room as Pam bit back her smile and placed the vase on the counter, before Jim finally spoke.

"Before we start this date officially, I just want to, um, let you know that I broke up with Karen today," he said quickly. "Jeez, I have pictured this date so many times I can't even tell you, and not once did it start this way. But, I just really wanted to get that out of the way and to make sure that we're on the same page, that this is a proper date." 

Pam nodded solemnly. As much as she also didn't want to be starting their first date talking about Karen, she was glad he'd confirmed that he was indeed single. After a beat, she spoke up. "Definitely a ‘date' date," she said with a big smile. "So, where are we going?"

"Well Beesly, I thought it should be lady's choice, so in no particular order," Jim said as he began listing off the options on his fingers. "I have a reservation at Cuginos, we can head over to Idle Hours for mini golf and one of their hot dogs, none spicy of course," he said with a smirk. "And in the trunk I have lawn chairs, a cooler box with all the ingredients for grilled cheese sandwiches, plus sodas, candles and my iPod. And I have the keys to the office and the roof. I've even got Dwight and Kev's phone numbers if you'd like another show. So, what'll it be?"

"Well Beesly, I did have a whole load of ideas planned for you to pick from tonight including some romantic dinner spots and a competitive sport, but seeing as you've already got Dazed and Confused on," he said, pointing to the paused TV on the other side of the large room, "oh, and the wine out, I'm kinda thinking maybe a night in might be sorta nice. What do you think?"

Pam couldn't believe Jim had planned real first dates based on all of the things she had also considered first dates with him. She felt butterflies in her stomach as she looked at the man she was so desperately in love with and couldn't believe how lucky she felt at this moment. It took her everything she had not to lean over the centre console and kiss him senseless. Instead she weighed up the options. Cugino's would be nice, but she still vividly remembered Jim's face falling when she'd told him she was engaged and even on that first day of meeting him it had broken her heart. Likewise, the roof felt tinged with guilt at being on what really was a date whilst she was engaged. Mini golf only had good memories for her, so feeling decisive, she told him. 

Pam smiled at the thought that Jim had planned out several dates, but the idea of staying in and just being them really appealed to her. The romantic dinners could potentially feel awkward and she wasn't hundred percent sure she wanted her competitive side coming out on a first date. Plus hanging out at home with a movie and wine was something new that they'd never done before, so it felt appropriate to do something new to kick off their new chapter, so feeling decisive, she told him.

"Great choice Beesly," Jim said with a wink before putting the car into drive. As they drove over to Idle Hours, Jim began to tell Pam about his day. After starting with Jan's unfortunate exit, with which Pam agreed it did seem like serious, hardcore self desctruction and he was silently pleased with her reaction versus Karen's, he moved onto the interview and pulling out of it.

"Great choice Beesly," Jim said with a wink before he wandered over to the sofa. Pam finished arranging the flowers and came to join Jim on the sofa, bringing an extra wine glass with her.

"Can I pour you a glass of wine?" she asked.

"Would be a lot cooler if you did," he replied with a smirk.

"Such a dork," she said with a roll of her eyes. She poured the wine, hit play on the movie, but lowered the volume so they could chat. Jim began to tell Pam about his day. After starting with Jan's unfortunate exit, with which Pam agreed it did seem like serious, hardcore self desctruction and he was silently pleased with her reaction versus Karen's, he moved onto the interview and pulling out of it. 

"That's what she said," Pam giggled.

"Beesly! Come on! I'm pouring my heart out here!" he exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she laughed. "But um, I'm not sorry for putting the note in your reports," she said with a touch of courage in her voice, "because it brought you back here to me."

Jim took her hand in his across the centre console and slowly brought it to his lips. He placed a small, chaste kiss on the back of her hand. Pam immediately felt the butterflies again, but this time it was like they were caught in a hurricane. She tried to hide her grin as Jim returned her hand to her lap and took the steering wheel again. 

Jim pulled her into an embrace as they sat next to each other, wrapping one arm around her waist and the other across her shoulders. He held Pam tightly and felt her wrap her arms around his back, bringing them even closer together. He pressed a lingering kiss to her temple and Pam tried to hide her smile as she felt the arms around her hold her just a little tighter.

As they reached Idle Hours, Jim pulled into a space, and ran around to open Pam's door and offered her his hand to help her out of the car, which she gladly accepted. Still holding her hand, he locked the car and they made their way inside. Neither of them could hide the smiles on their faces as they walked over to the mini golf front desk hand in hand. After paying for their clubs and balls, Jim and Pam made their way to the first hole, which was adorned with glow in the dark fish.

"Ladies first," Jim said, holding his hand out in front of himself.

"Why thank you," Pam said with a smile as she set her ball down. After three attempts she managed to hit the glowing orange ball into the mouth of a shark which led to the hole. She retrieved her ball and stood at the other end of the hole to Jim. 

"Wow, impressive Beesly, I forgot I was playing with a pro," Jim said, smiling at her.

"Well, it's not hard to be a pro when I'm playing with someone as terrible as you," Pam shot back, ending in a big grin with her tongue poking out between her teeth. 

"Oh really? Smack talk already huh?" he joked back. "Let's see what I'm working with here." Jim swung his club and missed the bright green ball the first time as Pam watched on. He carried on, managing finally to move the small ball a little at a time. Jim was getting more frustrated and cursing under his breath or making excuses to Pam, and she couldn't help but smile. She was finally back with her friend, having fun. She thought of all the time that they had lost and how bitter it had been between them over the last year, and felt her eyes beginning to tear up. As she wiped her eyes, Jim noticed and lightly jogged over to her.

As Jim continued to hold her, Pam couldn't stop thinking how natural it felt to be in his arms, to be breathing his scent, to feel the soft, albeit shorter hair at the nape of his neck. It pained her to think of all the time that they had wasted not doing this, being together. She pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and brought herself back to the present. To his strong arms, his spicy, yet subtle smell, his mouth still hovering at her temple. She desperately wanted to know how he tasted, how his tongue would feel against hers.

"Hey, Beesly, what's going on here? I know I suck at mini golf, but I thought we were having a nice time?" he said, his voice full of concern.

"No, no, we were. We are," Pam sniffed. "It's nothing." Jim raised his eyebrows as if he didn't believe her. "It was, uh, I was just thinking about how happy I am that we're back to ‘us', you know?" she said with hands making air quotes and a quirk of her eyebrow. "But then it made me think about how much time we've been apart and how much I hurt you, and I'm so sorry Jim." He took a step towards her and she buried her head in his sweater, where he heard another muffled "I'm so sorry".

"Beesly, shhh, it's ok," he said, as he kissed the top of her head. "We're here, having fun, we don't need to think about all that stuff right now."

Pam looked up at him from within his embrace. She looked into his eyes, and as much as she wanted to just agree and forget about everything for now, she just couldn't. "I, um, I don't want to ruin our evening, because I'm having a really great time, but there's things I just need you to know, before I can really relax, you know?" 

Pam pulled back from Jim's embrace ever so slightly and she felt his arms loosen around her. She slowly moved her head ever so slightly so that their cheeks were almost touching. This time it was her pressing the kiss to Jim's skin. As her lips met his skin just next to the corner of his mouth, she felt his muscles twitch into a small smile. She relaxed into him, before placing another kiss even closer to his mouth.

With his arms still around Pam's waist, Jim took a breath and nodded. "Yeah I know what you mean. There's some things I want to apologise to you for. Ok, how about this. The winner of each hole gets to bring up one thing. They can either explain a situation, apologise or ask for an apology. And then we can wipe that one off of the scorecard and move onto the next hole. How does that sound?"

Pam nodded as she wiped the last of her tears away. "Sounds great, but uh, you might need to drastically improve if you want to get a word in," Pam laughed.

"Oh bring it Beesly," Jim said with a final kiss to Pam's head before releasing her.

Jim was deadly still in Pam's embrace as he felt her mouth move closer and closer to his. As desperate as he was to just kiss her, there was still a tiny part of his brain that was screaming not to put himself out there again. And so he waited for Pam to make that last final leap. But instead of feeling her lips against his, Jim felt her move further back from within his arms.

Pam easily won the first hole, and after he was finally done, Jim picked up his ball and came over to where Pam was waiting for him. She took a deep breath, dug deep inside for all the courage and honesty that she'd gained over the last year and finally found the words that she wanted to say.

Pam felt herself growing in confidence with each movement she made towards Jim's mouth. She knew though before they finally crossed that line, that there was one thing left for her to say.

"I just," she took a breath, "I just wanted to apologise for saying I couldn't when you told me you were in love with me. I was just so shocked that you actually felt that way about me and I was so scared of what it meant. Well, what it would mean. You know, calling off the wedding, working out how to separate my life and start a new one with you. But the truth is, I was in love with you then. And I am now too." She paused and looked into his eyes. "I love you Jim."

Jim took a step closer to Pam, pulled her closer to him with one arm around her waist and pushed his fingers through her hair to cradle her head with his other hand. He bent down and kissed her with such a fervour that Pam felt her knees go weak. Jim felt her slip ever so slightly and pulled her even tighter to his body, deepening the kiss. When they eventually pulled apart, gasping, Jim rested his forehead on Pam's.

Jim's mouth immediately crashed into Pam's in the most passionate kiss that either of them had ever experienced. Lips parted and their tongues met. A small moan escaped from Pam's throat, which just caused Jim to pull her tighter to him. Their hands were in each other's hair, running over shoulders, caressing backs. Anything to get closer to the other. 

"I love you so much Pam, you have no idea," he said with the brightest smile she'd ever seen from him. "I'm so sorry for..."

"Nope," Pam cut him off, whilst pushing slightly on his chest. "Not until you win a hole," she said with a grin before pulling him back for another kiss.

"Ok, ok," he laughed, "I really better win this hole then." Jim did his best to bounce his ball off of the starfish so that it would avoid the clam, but he didn't have any luck, taking 6 shots to reach the hole, compared to Pam's 4. Again, he joined her at the end of the hole. Taking her hands in his, Jim felt Pam tremble slightly as she began to speak.

Their kisses showed their love for each other. Their moans spoke their apologies of how they'd hurt the other over the last year. Their caresses filled the gaps of what they'd missed since the previous May. Their sighs were filled with promises of how they would make everything up to each other. They eventually pulled apart breathless and trembling.

"Ok," she breathed, as she looked up at him, "this one is a little harder to say." She felt Jim give her hands a squeeze of encouragement and saw the slight smile on his face willing her to talk. She took another breath before speaking again. "If felt like you dropped a bomb on me, and then you left me all alone to pick up the pieces. I was beyond devastated that you never said goodbye to me. It felt like my heart had been ripped out and I couldn't breathe. I was so angry at you for leaving and not giving me any time to process what you'd said or really admit my true feelings for you. But the worst thing of all, I didn't have my best friend around to help me through. I was so alone." The tears were streaming down her face as she spoke, and Jim's eyes were threatening to spill the waterfall he was holding back. He once again pulled her flush to  him, murmuring his sorries into her hair.

Resting their foreheads together, they stared at each other with moist eyes, and bright smiles. Jim caressed Pam's cheek, before tilting her chin closer to him with his thumb to press a lingering kiss to her lips before pulling back.

"Beesly, you have no idea how much I love you," he whispered to Pam, before he began kissing his way along her jaw, breathing in her scent as he inched his way towards her neck.

"No, no," she said, wiping away her tears. "We've got rules. You need to win a hole."

"Beesly, come on," Jim said as he raked his hand through. "We gotta talk about this." Pam shook her head and went to pick up her ball, but he stopped her. "Look, why don't we grab a soda and take a breather?" Pam nodded and Jim took her hand to lead her over to the Sleepy Hollow Lounge. They found a table and Jim ordered them two sodas, before he took her hands in his across the slightly sticky wood.

Jim ran his hands down Pam's arms to take her hands in his. As he did so, she shifted on the sofa. It was as if Jim could feel the internal struggle she was having, whether or not to move closer to him.

"You ok?" he asked between his slow kisses down her neck. She could only hum out her reply with a slight nod, before Jim felt her move again, but this time more decisively. Slowly Pam pulled herself up fully and lifted one of her legs so that she could straddle him. Once she was finally seated on his lap, Jim looked up at her as he ran his hands along the outside of her thighs. Before allowing his hands to travel further back, Jim looked to her as if to ask if it was ok. Her kiss was his answer, and tentatively he moved his hands behind her, pulling her more snuggly onto his lap.  

"Pam," he began shakily, "I'm so sorry, I, I can't even begin to explain so much." He rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand as he spoke. "When you told me you couldn't, it broke me. Not just my heart, but it broke me. Every part of me. It was like I was in a daze, a nightmare. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, I couldn't feel. The only thing I knew was I needed to get away. From you, from your wedding, from Scranton. From everything that held a memory of you, which, let's face it, was basically everything in my life. I should never have left you without saying goodbye, and I'm not sure I'll ever really forgive myself for doing that. But at that moment, I needed it. I needed it for myself so that I could somehow breathe again." A single tear spilled down his cheek.

Pam began to rock slowly in Jim's lap as he kissed his way back up to her mouth. One hand stayed put, keeping Pam flush to his body, but his other tentatively slid up Pam's waist nudging closer to her chest until he was rubbing his thumb along the bottom of her breast. She sighed appreciatively as she felt his touch there. He took a breath between slow kisses and found the courage to move his hand higher to cup her whole breast. Her small gasp and smile against his lips gave him permission to explore further.

"Hey," she said softly, as she reached up to wipe his tear away with her thumb, "it's ok. I understand."

Jim shook his head before continuing. "I don't know if you do. I was so certain you felt the same way about me, that you'd just need a little nudge. But when you said I'd misinterpreted things, I felt so crushed and confused as to how you couldn't see how I felt about you. And then when you said you were going to marry him, that was the final thing to rip me apart. I spiralled after that, I was just in such a dark place."

"I'm so sorry Jim, I wish we'd have spoken to each other sooner, like months ago sooner," Pam said through her tears.

"Yeah me too, I guess we could have saved ourselves a lot of heartbreak, and maybe a couple of other people too," he said as he passed Pam a napkin to wipe her face.

As her rocking and slow grinding increased due to Jim's exploring touch, Pam began toying with the bottom of his sweater. She slipped her hand underneath the soft grey wool, and then under the white t-shirt below it, to feel the warm skin of his stomach. She inched her hand across his slightly muscled abdomen, toying with the hair that she found there. Sitting back slightly, she looked to him as if to ask him to remove the fabric between them. He quickly pulled both his sweater and t-shirt off, before he began fingering the hem of her black top. Pam nodded, and slowly Jim began to pull it up and off.

"I'm sure Dwight feels the same way," she tried to joke back. Jim shook his head ever so slightly as he looked down at the table. "No, I know. Karen and Roy," Pam said, feeling the bile rising slightly in her throat as she said their names.

Jim traced the straps of Pam's bra, noting that the colour matched her skirt, which was now bunched up around her hips as she continued grinding against him. As his fingertips reached the edges of her lace cups, Pam let out a long moan. Jim had barely touched her yet, but she was already feeling like she was on the edge. Not an appropriate moment to be thinking about Roy, but she couldn't help but compare that he'd never made her feel like this, even in their very early days. Pam brought herself back to the moment as she felt Jim's tongue follow the path that his fingertips had taken. Her breath hitched as she felt his mouth on the lace covering her nipple. She could only gasp, thread her hands into his hair and continue rocking against his considerably hard cock.

"Why'd you get back with him?" Jim asked, looking at the table and tearing apart the paper covering from his straw.

Pam took a deep breath. "I missed you. You were right in front of me, and I'd never felt further from you." She took Jim's hand in her own and began lightly tracing the lines of his palm with her fingers. "I felt so alone that night at Phyllis's wedding. I remember sitting there, watching you dance with her, desperately wishing that it was me. And I just felt so incredibly alone, and I guess he was there, and it was comfortable. And I knew even as we left together that I didn't want it, but it just hurt seeing you with her Jim, it hurt so much." She'd stilled her tracings of his hand by now, but Pam was still holding his hand. Afraid almost that if she let go, he'd slip away from her again. She brought her other hand to cover his completely in both of her before she spoke again. "I know it hurt you, seeing us together again. And after he tried to attack you and all, and I'm just, I'm so sorry for that as well Jim."

Jim nodded at her, still looking down at the table, but brought his other hand to join where Pam was still holding his. He placed it on top of hers and began to softly stroke the back of her hand. 

Pam brought her hand to Jim's that was covering one cup of her bra. She pressed her fingers to his, showing him that it was ok to pull the cup down. She felt slightly disappointed that he didn't seem to be doing what she wanted him to as she felt his hand slip from her breast. But it was only a split second before she realised why when she felt his hand on her back at the clasp. Jim undid her bra, before slowly pulling the straps off of her shoulders. When it was finally fully off, Jim could only stare at Pam.

"I couldn't stop staring at you that night, you looked so pretty," Jim said, finally looking up at Pam again. "I was so close to asking you to dance, but I saw you leave with him and it just sent me right back to when you said you were going to marry him and I just felt so sick. That's why I had to, god this sounds like such a jackass thing to say, but it's why I had to block you out again. It's why I didn't come to your art show. And I'm so sorry I didn't." He continued the soft stroking of her hand, eyes still moist with unspilled tears. "It killed me not to, but I couldn't. I'm so sorry. It's something I don't expect you to forgive me for, I know I'll never forgive myself for missing it."

"Pam, you're so pretty," Jim said as he took all of her in. Feeling slightly self conscious, Pam started to move her arms to cover herself, but Jim stopped her with a kiss. "So, so beautiful," he whispered against her lips before moving to kiss his way down to her nipples.

"Hey, it's ok," she softly said. "I remember spending most of that night looking at the door hoping you'd walk through it, but I knew in my heart of hearts you wouldn't be there. And I don't blame you. Even if it weren't for me getting back with Roy, you were still with Karen and you had other things going on."

Jim let out a soft snort of laughter through his nose. "God Karen. I really shouldn't have been with her," he said as he shook his head.

As he was slowly kissing his way down Pam's chest, Jim couldn't believe that he was finally here with her, doing this, after so many years of waiting. The teenage boy in him couldn't wait to rip the rest of Pam's clothes off, but the man that had been waiting for her for years wanted to take this slower and enjoy every minute, no matter where it ended up. His screaming erection didn't quite agree with him however. It had been over a week since he'd last had sex with Karen, partly due to interview prep, partly due to their late night ‘chats'. He silently thanked God for that buffer between the two, before shaking the other woman out of his head as he finally reached Pam's hard nipple.

"You didn't like her?" Pam said, confused at Jim's revelation.

"I wanted to like her, I really did," he said. "She just, well, she wasn't you. And I needed something, someone, that wasn't you. We became friends, because there wasn't anyone else I could even joke around with in Stamford, and I missed that so much with you. And then I guess when we got to Scranton, she was my shield against you. And it was working so well, until we had that welcome back party for Oscar, and I just couldn't hide it anymore." He took a sip from his soda. "She could see how much fun we were having together and she even asked me if I still had feelings for you. And I told her I did." Pam looked shocked at this new piece of information, but Jim continued. "She was really trying to save our relationship, and I was pulling away from her. I was so close to ending things, but then the wedding happened, and I just threw myself into making it work again, to get back at you really. And I shouldn't have done that, to either of you. It wasn't fair." Pam nodded solemnly. "It just wasn't fun, you know? Being with her. Or easy. Like it is with you."

"Hey, who you calling easy Halpert?" Pam laughed. Jim smiled back at her warmly.

"What do you say we get back out there and try to have some of that fun we were supposedly meant to be having tonight?" Jim asked after a beat.

After what seemed like a torturously long journey to Pam, Jim finally reached his destination and slowly licked around her hardened bud, but not touching it. He continued to tease her as Pam began rubbing herself faster against the hard ridge in his pants. Finally Jim gave in and took her peak into his mouth. She moaned as he began to lick and suck it, as his thumb rubbed her other nipple. As he switched his mouth and thumb between the two, Pam wondered if it was possible to come just from this alone. But before she had too much time to think about it, she felt Jim's hands move from her breasts to slide underneath her and pick her up.

"Sounds like a plan," Pam said, as she began to push back her chair. Jim got up as well and held out his hand to Pam as he had done when she was getting out of the car. He once again pressed a kiss to the back of her hand before they walked back over to the glowing fish.

Supporting Pam in his arms, Jim got up and carried her to her bedroom, kissing her neck as she directed him to the right room. He walked backwards through her bedroom door and found her bed with the backs of his legs, before turning around to lay her gently on the bed. Jim stared at her as he lay next to her, amazed that he was finally here, with Pam, on a date. On a date where they were already half naked, something he'd only ever dreamed of and never really thought possible. Especially on their first date.

"So how much fun are you really going to be having tonight with how terrible you are at this game?" Pam asked as she successfully hit her glowing ball through the mouth of a large octopus and watched it roll out the other side to hit a hole in one.

"Oh we're back already with the trash talk are we?" Jim deadpanned. "But nice shot," he added with a smile. Pam did a little curtsey, and motioned for Jim to hit the ball. "And I'll have you know, I'm having plenty of fun just being here with you," he grinned and Pam beamed back at him. It took several attempts for Jim to get anywhere near the creature's mouth, and Pam just stood there giggling at him. This time there were no tears, just happiness that they had cleared the air and they were finally on a date together. "What?" he asked her when he caught her staring at him.

"What?" she asked, when his dopey grin hadn't subsided.

"I just can't believe we're really here, you know?" he said, stroking Pam's leg as he looked up at her.

"I know," she said as she bent down to kiss him. "And I know there's things that we are probably gonna need to talk about, I mean I know there's things that I definitely want to say and to apologise for, but right now, I just want you."

"You're all I want too," he said, before possessively covering her mouth with his and letting his tongue speak the apologies for now that his voice couldn't.

"You really are terrible at this," she laughed, "but it's very sweet to watch you try. Thank you for indulging me with this."

"Anytime Beesly," he said with a smile and then tried again to get his ball past the octopus. "Maybe we can come back for a rematch for your birthday? I'm really sorry we didn't get to do anything for it this year," Jim said looking down at his shoes.

"Yeah, March 11th really sucked this year, but next year will more than make up for it if it means I get to beat you at this again. Hey, maybe we can go bowling as well. Oh and ping pong too," she said excitedly.

"Alright, alright, pipe down you," Jim laughed. "We don't have to play every game I'm terrible at, just to make amends for a lousy birthday. What about mine? That sucked too, you know." 

He kept kissing her, but moved further south, stopping to resume his sucking and licking of her nipples, as his hands wandered even further down. As he reached the waistband of her skirt, he slowly eased his hand underneath until his fingers felt the lace of her panties. He heard her breath hitch as his fingers found the damp spot between her legs and began to rub slowly above the wet fabric.

"Oh, I'm sure there's something I can give you for your birthday," Pam said with a slight quirk of her eyebrow, trying to sound casual. She watched Jim turn a deep shade of pink and gulp back his surprise at the boldness of what she was insinuating.

Pam was moaning and began writhing underneath Jim. As he moved her panties to one side and slid a finger through her wet folds, he watched as her face flushed and she bit her lip. He stroked her up and down, dipping his finger inside her ever so slightly, before finding her clit and rubbing it in the lightest of circles. Pam was just about to reach for the waistband of Jim's jeans when she felt him move down the bed. He kissed his way down her stomach, before pausing to unbutton and pull the skirt over her hips. He repeated the action with her lace panties, noting that they matched her long discarded bra and the skirt that he just removed. After he slowly pulled her underwear down her legs, Jim then kissed his way back up as Pam gripped her comforter in anticipation.

He took a breath to regain his composure again and went back to his mission to get the ball in the hole. He swung the club back further than before and hit the ball with more force, causing it to ricochet off of one of the octopus's tentacles and hit Pam on her head, just above her eye.

Jim teased Pam. He kissed her slowly from her knee to the apex of her thigh, trailing his tongue along her smooth skin. She held her breath as she felt his hot breath on her wet centre, before he dipped back down and began his trail of kisses from the other knee. When Jim knew she couldn't take it anymore, he finally ran his tongue through her soaking wet lips before finding her clit and sucking lightly on it. As he worked her with his tongue, Jim pushed two fingers inside of her and began gently thrusting.  

"Oh shit," she screamed. "Oh my god, Jim."

He dropped his club and immediately ran over to where she was standing, clutching her eye. "Oh my god Pam, I'm so, so sorry," he said, his voice shaking. He felt the colour draining from his face as he realised he'd not only ruined their date, but had really hurt her as well. He put his arm around Pam to comfort her and felt her shaking. As he felt his stomach drop, he heard a small snicker. "Beesly, what the hell?" he exclaimed as he realised she was faking.

Pam grabbed Jim's hair, clutching his head and holding him to her, closer than either of them thought was possible. As he licked and sucked her faster and faster, Pam's hips began to lift off of the bed. Jim held her down as he felt her tremble and her orgasm build. With one final suck of her clit, Jim felt Pam explode, pulsing around his fingers, her wetness running down his hand. Before she'd fully come down, he kissed his way back up her body, murmuring ‘I love you's' into her skin. As he began caressing her neck, Pam was finally able to reach the waistband of Jim's jeans. She palmed his hardness through the hard fabric, both of them groaning at the contact. Pam deftly popped the button open and unzipped his jeans before slipping her hand inside both his jeans and his black boxer briefs. She felt her eyes roll back at his length, his girth, how hard he was.

"Jim, I want you," she moaned into his shoulder. "Please," she begged him as she pushed his jeans down.

After shucking off his jeans and underwear, Jim brought himself on top of Pam, resting on his forearms. He brushed her hair from her sweaty forehead before pressing a kiss to her mouth.

"I love you so much Pam," he whispered against her lips.

"I love you," she said and she threaded her fingers through his hair, pulling Jim even closer to kiss him.

"I'm sorry," she laughed, "it was just too good to pass up." She looked at his pale face, and felt momentarily bad, but smirked at him. Soon enough, he was laughing with her.

"Oh my god Beesly, you're the worst," he said, grinning and shaking his head. He walked back to where his club was and picked it back. After 9, much gentler attempts, Jim finally knocked the ball into the hole. "Yesss!" he exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air. "I finally got it in." 

"Are you sure?" he asked. Pam grabbing his shaft to line it up with her entrance was all the answer he needed. He pushed into her, feeling every nerve in his body coming alive. Her gasp was music to his ears as he was finally inside of her, filling her completely. 

"That's what she said," Pam piped up with a little jump and a giggle. Jim just shook his head in mock disappointment at her. She just grinned back at him with her tongue poking out slightly.

They continued round the course at a somewhat slow pace, in part due to Jim's inability to hit the ball, but also because they wanted to spend as much time together as possible. As they ambled around the course, hands bumping and brushing each other as they walked, Pam filled Jim in on the day he'd missed at the office; Dwight painting Michael's office black, the Shrute bucks and becoming his secret Assistant to the Regional Manager. 

They moved together slowly, savouring every long overdue moment. Pam arched her back into Jim as he continued thrusting into her. As he slipped in and out of her wetness, Jim felt Pam fluttering around his hard cock. He took a deep breath, wanting to make this last as long as possible. 

"I really wanted to tell you about everything that was happening today," Pam said as they walked back into the Sleepy Hollow lounge. "It was like the day the Gaydar turned up, or at Diwali after Michael had proposed to Carol and then tried to kiss me." 

"Wait, what?" Jim asked, as he stopped in his tracks. Pam grabbed his hand and pulled him to keep him walking to a table.

"I'll explain all, don't worry," she said, "but there's just been so many things that have happened at work or at home or during the weekend, that I've been desperate to tell you about, and I couldn't. And it kinda killed me." 

Each stroke was an apology they needed to speak, a missed story yet to be told, a memory they wanted to rewrite. Jim knew he had more to say, more to tell her, but right now he could only show her how much he loved her, and what her love was doing to him. Before he lost complete control, he reached down between them, and rubbed her clit as his other hand pinched her nipple. Almost instantly, he felt Pam coming again, which was enough to send Jim over the edge. He pumped erratically into her as he felt her contractions all over his cock, before emptying himself inside of her.

Jim nodded as he ran his hand up and down her arm. "But now you can," he said with a smile and Pam returned his smile with one of her own. "And I absolutely need to know right now about Michael trying to kiss you. What? Why? When? God Beesly, I just have so many questions."

Jim pulled out a chair for Pam, before sitting down himself. After ordering their hot dogs and more refillable sodas, Pam filled Jim in on everything; Michael kissing Oscar, Kelly forcing her on a terrible date, the funeral for a bird, everything that went down at the Diwali celebration and Michael running off to save the Scranton branch from closing.

"And I think that just about sums up everything you missed," she said before taking the last sip of her watery second drink. 

Utterly exhausted, Jim collapsed on top of Pam, but was still careful as to not crush her. Their slick, sweaty bodies were pressed tightly together, as if neither wanted to let the other go. He slowly pulled himself out of her, before shifting up the bed to take Pam in his arms and hold her against his chest. She could feel his heart beating rapidly beneath her ear and smiled. He could feel her smile against his skin, which in turn brought his own smile to his face. As Jim ran his hand through his sweaty hair, he pushed aside the thoughts of everything that they had missed, for the new thoughts of what was to come now that she was finally his. 

"You want another?" Jim asked as he heard her slurping. But before she could answer, the waitress came over to tell them that they were closing. "Well, I guess that answers that then. Shall we?" Jim asked as he stood, holding out his hand to Pam. 

They ambled to his car, hand in hand, before Jim opened the passenger door for Pam and she slipped into the seat. They drove back to Pam's apartment hand in hand, sneaking glances at each other. Pam chose the music as Jim drove and they both sang along, and in what seemed like no time at all, their date, their first official date, was coming to a close. As Jim pulled up outside Pam's place, he was jumping out of the car before it was barely in park so that he could run around to open Pam's door. For the final time that night, Jim offered Pam his hand and they walked to her door in comfortable silence.

"Thank you so much for tonight Jim, I had a really great time," she smiled as she slipped her other hand into Jim's, so that they stood facing each other.

Pulling the sheet up to cover them, Jim turned them so that he could spoon Pam from behind. Slipping her hand into his, he began to rub slow circles against the back of her hand as he pulled her closer to his body.

"Me too, Beesly," Jim smiled back at her. "I know it's probably not what either of us imagined as our first date, but I'm kinda glad we got all of that out, you know?" Pam nodded. "Means we can have another first date, which was probably a bit more along the lines of what we thought it might be."

"I know this probably wasn't what either of us imagined as our first date, although I've had several fantasies that this is exactly what would have happened," he chuckled. Pam swatted his arm with a little laugh. "But I'm really glad it did. I wanted to show you how much I love you." Pam turned in his arms to kiss him.

"And I hope you know how much I love you too?" she asked, looking up at him. He nodded before bending to kiss her again. "But I guess there are things we should probably talk about. It might get a little uncomfortable," she said, somewhat nervously.

"Yeah, I guess that should probably have been what we did on our first date," Jim laughed.

"At least you know you're pretty much gonna get lucky on the next date, no matter what," Pam smirked.

"You mean kinda like this?" Pam said, as she reached her arms up around Jim's neck and pulled him down. Their lips met in a soft kiss that quickly deepened and threatened to get heated. Her hands were in his hair, looking for, but failing to find, his usual soft curls there. His were wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. They pulled apart, breathless, and pressed their foreheads together.

"Yeah, that would just about do it," Jim smiled, before he dipped his head back down to press a final kiss to Pam's slightly swollen lips. 

"So um, are you free tomorrow night for that second first date then?" Pam asked, somewhat timidly. Jim couldn't say yes fast enough. "Alright, then it's another date," she smiled.



MrsKHalpert is the author of 40 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Two First Dates also liked 1282 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans