- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a short lil wrap up for you! Thank you for all the kind words about this story!
ONE YEAR LATER

Pam scrolled through the screen in front of her and her shoulders fell.

"I can't believe they don't have it."

"No Froggy?!"

Pam rolled her eyes playfully. "At some point you'll realize that joke isn't funny." Still, she couldn't help herself. "It's Ducky. And I'm sad!"

Jim gave a small laugh through his nose and grabbed her hand. "Babe, you've made me watch Pretty in Pink at least 10 times. It's okay that it's not on this flight. We can watch something else!"

She let out a hefty sigh and rested her head on his shoulder. "But I was doing to do this whole thing where we watched Pretty in Pink, fall asleep on your shoulder, and then hold your hand but pretend it was an accident–"

"I knew it," he interrupted.

"--and it was supposed to be just like our first flight together!"

Jim put his hand on Pam's knee and turned to press his lips against her hair. "I appreciate the sentiment. But you know," he said, lifting her chin up to look at him. "If this was just like our first flight, I couldn't do this."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Or this," he dipped his head and smiled against her lips, kissing her gently.

"And especially–" he said with a raised eyebrow. He leaned in, whispering something in her ear.

Pam's cheeks flushed instantly and her jaw dropped in mock surprise. "Stop!" She laughed and nudged him with her shoulder.

"What?!" he protested with a smirk. "A man can dream."

She linked her arm in his and rested her head back down on him, running her fingers up and down his forearm. "I mean," she shrugged. "I didn't say no..."

"Beesly!" he laughed.

They both began giggling only to be interrupted by a voice in the aisle.

"O…M…G." the woman exclaimed. "I totally remember you two! You guys are like, still the cutest couple I've ever seen."

Jim and Pam looked to each other with delight. It was Kelly the flight attendant from their flight out of Denver a year prior.

"I don't know if you remember me, but I was on a flight with you once. Yeah, I'm not with that guy anymore I told you about back then. Now I'm with this guy named Ravi. He's like, super cute, and a doctor for kids or whatever, and I'm pretty sure it makes my ex boyfriend jealous. Which honestly is why I started dating Ravi in the first place. Ryan always looks SO annoyed whenever I bring Ravi to the bowling alley. He still gives me free nachos and stuff but I don't really notice because I'm too busy making out with Ravi. Do you think Ryan sees us? I don't know, he probably does. Not that I care. I like, totally don't."

Jim squeezed Pam's hand. At least something could be the same.

"Anyway," Kelly continued. "What do you guys want to drink?"

Jim and Pam grinned at each other and then spoke in unison.

"Ginger ale."


WanderingWatchtower is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Up in the Air also liked 1361 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans