- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tuesday, 21st December

Jim woke around 10 minutes before the morning alarm was due to go off, and after a full body stretch, he looked over to his right to see Pam sleeping soundly, her hair splayed all over the pillow and her face. They'd forgotten to turn off the string lights that were wrapped around their headboard the previous evending, and the glow from them cast a light around Pam's sleeping form. He watched her for a moment, still in awe that he could do so even after being together for so long, before he reached over to her nightstand to grab the fluffy reindeer wearing a Santa hat that she placed there at the beginning of December. He pushed her hair gently from her face, causing her to stir ever so slightly. He held the stuffed toy in front of her face and then loudly said, "Pam wake up Rudolph needs you," causing her to sit up screaming, knocking the toy out of the way in the process. 

"You're such an asshole," Pam croaked as she pushed the covers off of herself and got out of bed.

"But an asshole that you love with all of your heart?" he said with puppy dog eyes. 

"Not when you wake me up like that I don't," she said with angry eyebrows. They stared at each other for a moment, almost as if to see who would look away first. "At least it was better than your stupid bug thing," she finally relented, turning towards the bathroom. 

"It was a festive variation," he shrugged. 

"I'd rather you just wake me up nicely, or you know, not at all and just let me sleep." 

"But it's much more fun when you're awake," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nope. No fun this morning. Not in the mood. Let's go open your damn envelope and get on with this day." 

"Don't be such a grump," he laughed, as he tried to swat at her butt, only to be met with glaring eyes. "Alright, alright, I'll make you a French Toast peace offering, how's that?" 

"You better," Pam glared before she walked out of the bedroom.

-- 

As the French Toast sizzled in the frying pan, Jim leaned against the counter next to the stove and opened the envelope marked ‘nine'. He pulled it out to see a cartoon of Dwight holding an order form. "Dwight always wants to close a big sale, but how will he cope with this feisty female?" Jim read out. He looked up expectantly at Pam in question of what was to happen today.

"Remember the nurse from the Fun Run?" she asked and Jim nodded with a slight smirk. "Well, she also has a more festive getup and it gave me a little idea." 

"Wait, how do you know this?" 

"Oh I overheard some of the warehouse guys talking about her. But anyways," she said. Jim made a motion for her to continue explaining. "So new prospective client calls, Dwight gets her to come in, and it's the stripper posing as Mrs Claus, looking for a new paper supplier to help with her husband's extensive needs. He just loves making lists, huge lists," she said, stretching her arms wide. "Could be a great account to land, especially just before the holidays," she grinned. 

"Well, we best get to work then and help Dwight out then," he smirked.

--

"Hey Jim," Pam said, holding the phone away from her ear, "I've got a new prospective client on hold. Are you free to take it?" 

Before Jim had the chance to so much as open his mouth, Dwight butted in. "That is nepotism and I won't allow it," Dwight shouted. "Pam, transfer the call to me instead." 

"Um," she paused, looking at Jim. 

"Yeah sure," Jim said. "I'm working on a couple new leads anyway. You take this one Dwight." 

"Pass it through Pam," Dwight said expectantly, straightening his tie as he waited for the call to be put through. "Dwight Shrute," he said as he picked up the receiver. He was quiet for a few minutes as he listened to the person on the other end of the line speak. "Would you like to come by the office today? We can discuss your needs further and sign the relevant paperwork. How is 4pm for you?" He paused for a moment. "Perfect. I'll see you then. Goodbye." He hung up the phone and began typing on his computer as Jim and Pam smiled at each other. 

-- 

At 4pm exactly, the door to Dunder Mifflin opened and in walked Elizabeth the Stripper wearing a red crushed velvet babydoll dress, trimmed in white fur, a pair of over the knee red and white striped socks and red patent pumps.

"Hi, can I help you?" Pam asked as Elizabeth reached reception. 

"Yes, I'm here to meet Dwight. I'm Kristal." 

"Take a seat," Pam said, gesturing to the grey couch, "I'll let him know you're here." She walked over to Dwight's desk, and passed Michael as she did so. 

"Oh hey, it's you!" Michael exclaimed, as he approached Elizabeth. "Nursing didn't work out huh?" Elizabeth smiled at him, slightly confused. "Who you meeting today?" 

"Uh, Dwight," she smiled. 

"Oh god, no," Michael groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. He turned around and looked at the bullpen. "Jimbag, are you busy?" 

"Um, just finishing up this sales report. What's up?" Jim asked, leaning back in his chair. 

"I need you to help Dwight with this sale."

"What? No. Why?" Dwight shouted, getting out of his chair.

Michael tried to shush him and stop him from making a scene. "Because she's clearly a two man job. That's what she said. But mainly because she's a woman and you can't talk to women and we don't want to lose this sale," he said through gritted teeth. 

Dwight stared at Michael and then at Jim. "Ok, fine," he finally relented. "Jim, you better not blow it."

"That's what she said," Michael laughed as Jim and Dwight stared at him.

--

"Please do come in," Dwight said, as he opened the door to the conference room. "Take a seat." 

"Thank you," Elizabeth smiled. 

"This is my colleague Jim, he'll be helping with some pricing today. Why don't you start by talking us through your paper needs today Kristal?" 

"Oh please, call me Kris," Elizabeth smiled, and Jim nodded with his eyes closed, just out of Dwight's eyesight. 

"Very well, Kris. Go ahead," Dwight gestured.

"Well, my husband runs a really successful toy company, but he's so adamant about doing all of the admin manually that we just go through so much paper you wouldn't believe. The man is always making lists."

"Sounds like a great way to do business," Dwight agreed. He leaned closer to Elizabeth. "Personally I never trust computers," he whispered. 

"Oh me neither. Kris, my husband, won't even let us have one in the shop." 

"You're Kris and your husband is Kris?" Jim asked.

"Well, I'm Kristal, he's Kristoph, but we both like to be Kris. Keeps things fun, don't ya think," she winked, causing Dwight to cough a little. 

Dwight cleared his throat. "So, uh, just how big are the lists that the other Kris makes?" 

"Oh big, so big," Elizabeth purred, causing Dwight to flush red and lose his train of thought. As he stammered for what to say next, Jim stepped in to help out. 

"I think I'd suggest going for our standard copy stock, don't you agree Dwight? Dwight?" Jim said with a nudge of his elbow.

"Um, yes, Definitely standard copy stock. We can do that for you for..." Dwight trailed off as he shuffled through various papers in front of him on the table.

"For $34.99 a box," Jim filled in. 

"Ah, yes. Thank you Jim. So $34.99 a box. Does that price work for you?" 

"I'll have to discuss it further with my husband. He's the one in charge after all. Kringle's Toy's wouldn't be what it is today without the big man running the show." 

"I've never heard of the company before. Are you new to Scranton?" 

Elizabeth looked at Jim with a slightly panicked expression. "Um, aren't you guys based a little further north?" Jim asked 

"Yeah we are, it's a little colder where we are." 

"Hmm, you should probably have contacted Dunder Mifflin Syracuse or Utica, but we won't tell them that, will we?" Dwight laughed at no one in particular, but found his own joke hilarious. "Are you expanding in size?" he asked once he regained his composure. "It would be good to know if we'll need to increase your monthly supplies." 

"You know, we're always growing to keep up with the demand. We have a lot of little guys working for us, and we just get more and more customers each year," Elizabeth explained.

"Excellent," Dwight grinned. "How about I get a contract drawn up and sent to your husband and we can take it from there?"

"Sounds great to me," Elizabeth said, practically hopping out of her seat. 

Jim and Dwight stood, and headed to the door. Jim opened the door and motioned for both Dwight and Elizabeth to go through. Just as they stepped through the door of the conference room, Michael's office door simultaneously opened. 

"Leaving so soon?" Michael said as he almost crashed into Elizabeth. 

"Well, these guys have been great," Elizabeth smiled. "They really know their stuff. I think Kris is going to be really impressed." 

"Kris?" Michael asked, confused. 

"My husband," Elizabeth explained. 

"Oh, is he a doctor? Is that where you guys met?" Michael asked.

"Um, no, he's a toy maker. Owns a toy shop. Big, big, toy shop," she said with a nod of her head.

"Going to be a great account," Dwight whispered through a static smile to Michael.

"Excellent," Michael smiled back.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans