- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Saturday, 25th December

"Merry Christmas, Beesly," Jim said as he woke up on Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas," Pam croaked as she rolled over into Jim. After a lazy kiss, she glanced at the alarm clock and sat bolt up, taking the covers with her.

"Woah, what's going on?" he exclaimed, trying to get the covers back.

"We're late, come on, we gotta be at your parents by nine. We should have set the alarm clock last night. What were we thinking?" she groaned.

"I don't think we were thinking very clearly last night," he smirked, recalling what had happened once they'd made it home from the office and finished their chores with a bottle of red wine.  

Pam blushed and swatted Jim's arm. "Come on, let's get up. Quick shower, then we gotta get going." 

"Alright, alright," he said, following Pam out of bed and into the bathroom.

--

Forty five minutes later, Pam was running around the house, grabbing the last items that they needed and calling for Jim to put their bags into the car. "You wrote the rest of the Christmas cards right?" she asked as they passed in the hallway. 

"Yup, and I grabbed both our bags. Just the pie to take, but you can hold that for the journey right?

"Sure. And all the presents are in the trunk already? she asked. 

"You know I put them in there last night, like you asked," he said with a roll of his eyes. "Where are you going?" he asked as he watched her walk into the living room. 

"Just double checking, I don't want us to leave any behind," she called over her shoulder. He shook his head and laughed as he followed her into the living room, ready with a quick comment as if to prove his point that he had indeed listened to what she'd asked. "See," she said, holding two gifts up that she found under the tree.

"What are those?" he asked, taking the gifts from her.

"For the kids?" she suggested.

"No, look. This one's for you and this is for me," he said, holding up the two gifts that were wrapped in the red Christmas tree paper with gold ribbon on them.

"Very funny," she said, taking the gift with her name on it.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"Did Santa visit us last night?" she asked with a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah right," he laughed. "Should we?" Jim shrugged, poised to open his gift.

"Sure."

They both tore into their gifts, and stood in the middle of the living room, laughing at what they found. Pam was holding two tickets to Paris, Texas, while Jim held a 100 Grand candy bar. 

"Nice prank to round off the week," Pam laughed.

"I didn't do this," Jim said earnestly. "You did it!"

"Babe, I came up with twelve Christmas themed pranks, along with sorting all the gifts and the dessert and everything else. You really think I had the mental capacity to come up with another prank last minute from a throwaway comment to Michael?" she asked, her face completely seriously. 

"Absolutely I do," he smiled.

She laughed and shook her head. "Well, if it wasn't you, then maybe it really was Santa," she giggled looking at the tickets in her hand. "Come on, we don't wanna be late."

Chapter End Notes:

My holiday fic challenge words were:
- Advent calendar
- Karaoke
- Drunk, pranky Jim
- Reindeer
- Something unseasonal
Hope you found them all!!

My Secret Santa request was for Dwim 

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!



MrsKHalpert is the author of 40 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Twelve Pranks of Christmas also liked 1020 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Holiday Fic Challenge 2022. The previous story in the series is The Teapot. The next story in the series is They said there'll be peace on earth.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans