- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sunday, 19th December

"I can't believe you're still sulking," Pam grinned as she pulled her jeans on the following morning. She'd woken to the sound of the shower running, rather than Jim wrapped around as she assumed she would. And then when she went to join him in the shower, he finished washing his hair and stepped out before she could so much as ask him to pass the soap. After finishing her own, rather lonely shower, Pam returned to the bedroom to find Jim sitting in the chair by the desk, flicking through the channels on the TV looking for something to watch. 

"You tied me up and left me!" Jim exclaimed. "Of course I'm still sulking!"

"It was for like twenty minutes you big baby, and I more than made it up to you afterwards," she said with a smile as she walked over to where he was sitting, now with his arms folded and looking out of the window. She nudged his legs apart and stood in front of him in just her blush pink lace bra and jeans yet to be buttoned up. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" she asked, batting her eyelashes. He was still looking at the window, but as Pam dropped to her knees and slid her hands up his thighs, he suddenly forgot what he was sulking about.

By the time that they were both getting dressed again, Jim was back to his normal self and his stomach was rumbling for breakfast. "Shall we?" he asked, nodding towards the door as he picked up the room key from the console table.

"Don't wanna open your advent calendar today?" 

"Ah crap, I totally forgot to bring it," Jim said, hitting his palm to his head.

"I brought it, don't worry," Pam smiled, reaching into her bag. "Here you go."

"You're amazing," he said as he reached for the card and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. He stood in front of the desk and laid the advent calendar down. He pulled out the envelope with ‘seven' written on it, and slipped out the postcard from within it. On the white card was a drawing of Dwight's bobblehead. "I've been a naughty girl, and Dwight's desk I did loot. Come on, let's hurry and do a festive photoshoot," Jim read with a laugh. "Beesly, what did you do?" Pam flashed him a wide grin and pulled out Dwight's bobblehead from where she was holding it behind her back. "Oh my god," he laughed as he took the doll from her and examined it. 

"Don't forget this," Pam said, holding up a tiny felt Santa hat.

"Oh my god," Jim repeated. "Where did you get this from?"

"I made it," she smiled, bouncing on her tiptoes.

"Amazing," he marvelled. He placed the tiny hat onto the bobblehead, before grabbing it in one hand and Pam's hand in the other. "Let's go get some breakfast and then get to our photoshoot."

--

On the way down to breakfast, they stopped to nestle the bobblehead in a Christmas tree for its first festive photo. Next, a loose piece of tinsel found its way around mini Dwight's neck for a Christmassy scarf. And standing next to Pam's cup of steaming hot cocoa completed the model's morning photoshoot.

"So what are we going to do with all these photos?" Jim asked, as they walked hand in hand to the Christmas market.

"I made a Facebook account for the bobblehead, and once we upload the photos, he's gonna befriend Dwight," Pam explained.

"Of course you did," Jim smiled, bringing Pam's hand up so that he could kiss the back of it. "Although, that would imply that Dwight has a Facebook account."

"Which he most definitely does," Pam said with a quirk of her eyebrow. "He set one up a little while ago, well, a fake one anyway, to keep tabs on Mose."

"Mose has Facebook?" Jim exclaimed, causing Pam to laugh. He stopped walking. "Wait, Mose can use a computer?"

"I know," she laughed. "Oh hey look, a reindeer ride," she said, pointing to an enclosure with several reindeer inside, already giving rides to children. "I think we definitely one of those."

"Don't you think you're a little big for a reindeer ride?" he smirked.

"Not me," she said with a playful slap to his arm. "For him," she said as she thrust the bobblehead towards him.

--

"Ok, if we're going to come up with more of these photo opportunities, I think we're gonna need some eggnog" Jim said as he steered Pam towards a nearby bar in the market.

"Mmm, you know I've never really been a fan. I think I'll just have a regular drink," Pam said as she picked up the menu once they were inside.

"Nu uh, we're being extra festive today," he told her. "Two eggnogs please," Jim said to the barman with two fingers up in the air.

"But..."

"No buts, we're being Christmassy today," Jim said firmly. As if on cue, Christmas music filled the air around them from a slightly off key singer on stage. Jim held his hands up in the air as if to show her that his point had been made.

"Alright," Pam said with a small smile and a shake of her head. To her dismay, the barman brought over two glasses of eggnog and placed them in front of herself and Jim on the slightly sticky table.

"To a very festive bobblehead," Jim said with his glass raised high in the air.

"And to a great photoshoot," Pam replied, before they clinked their glasses together.

As Pam took a small disgusted sip, Jim took a huge glug of the eggnog, making a big ‘ahh' sound after he swallowed. "Man, I love eggnog. Let's get some more." Before Pam had a chance to stop him, Jim had already waved the barman down to order two more glasses of eggnog. 

"Babe, I've barely had a sip of this one, slow down," Pam said as she watched Jim drain the first glass.

"It's just so good, and I'm feeling good," Jim smiled with slightly glassed over eyes. "And you look really good," he whispered as he lent forward to kiss her.

"Jim!" she giggled as she felt his eggnog-flavoured tongue swiping at her lip. She indulged him for a second before pulling back. "We're in a bar!"

"So? I bet they see people making out all the time," he reasoned.

"It's the middle of the day!" she protested.

"You're no fun, you know that?" he laughed as he sat back in his chair and started on the next glass of eggnog.

"Oh I'm plenty of fun," she challenged back, narrowing her eyes. "Remember last night?"

Jim narrowed his back and lent forward. "Oh I remember last night missy," he said, before leaning forward to tickle her.

"Jim!" she giggled, trying to squirm away from him. "Alright Mr Handsy, I'm going to use the bathroom. Stay out of trouble ok?"

"Yes ma'am," he said with a salute. He watched her walk away and his eyes began roving around the bar in boredom. He noticed the stage on which a new singer was taking their place, was actually a karaoke stage and his eyes widened in delight. He quickly scrambled up to the stage and spoke to the person in a Christmas sweater standing just to the left of it. Jim listened for a moment, nodded and then scribbled on a piece of paper that was attached to a clipboard, before running back to the table and downing the last of his second glass of eggnog.

"You ok there?" Pam asked as she returned to the table a few minutes later. "You're looking a little warm over there."

"Think the nog is getting to me," he laughed as he pulled off his navy blue cable knit sweater. It caught his light grey t-shirt slightly as it moved, and Pam couldn't help but stare at his smooth back before he was able to pull it back. "Like what you see?" Jim asked, waggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up," she giggled, before he pulled her closer for another kiss.

"So," Jim said as they pulled apart, trying to sound serious. "I realised that that," he said pointing in front of them, "is a karaoke stage. And wouldn't it be a great idea for our little friend here to do some karaoke?"

"Oh my god, that's genius," Pam laughed. "Oh but wait, shouldn't we get him drunk first?" She lay the bobblehead down on the table and positioned Jim's two empty glasses, plus her half empty one next to it. Jim eased the Santa hat off of the doll's head and placed it haphazardly next to him, before Pam took out the camera and snapped a couple of pictures.

"Perfect," he smiled as Pam showed him the pictures that she'd taken. "Ok, I guess let's wait for this guy to finish and then we can go put him on stage next to the microphone."

"Sounds like a plan," Pam smiled before taking another small sip of her drink. Jim leaned back in his chair and grabbed the third, as yet untouched, glass of eggnog. He scooted slightly closer to Pam so that he could put his arm around her and pull her closer to him. He stroked her arm lightly, creeping up so that he could nudge her cardigan slightly away from her camisole and reach the soft skin of her shoulder. She leaned into his touch and let her head fall back onto his shoulder as they watched a slightly tipsy pair on stage singing ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. As they finished, Jim erupted into whoops and shouts as he clapped his hands loudly. "Jim!" Pam giggled, trying to quieten him down.

"And next," the guy in the Christmas sweater on stage said into the microphone, "we have Pam Beesly singing ‘All I Want for Christmas is You'." He clapped his hands around the microphone that he was holding, and the few other people in the bar managed to create a small round of applause.

"What did you do?" Pam hissed at Jim, her face flushing red.

Jim just shrugged and smirked at her. "You better go give the people what they want, Beesly," he said, helping her to her feet and giving her a pat on her bottom.

Panic stricken, Pam walked up to the stage and stood in front of the microphone shaking slightly as the backing track began to play. She began to sing, slightly off key and missing the beat just a fraction, but after some encouragement from Jim in the form of him jumping to his feet, Pam found her groove and started to sing more confidently, moving slightly with the music. When the four minute long song finally ended, Jim erupted into a huge round of applause, and Pam quickly made her way off stage, ducking her head down in further embarrassment.

"You were amazing!" Jim beamed as he wrapped his arms around Pam in a huge bear hug.

"I can't believe you signed me up for that!" she shrieked as she looked up at him.

"I think that makes us even for last night," he whispered to her.

She laughed into his sweater. "Ok, I guess that's fair. Alright, let's take this last bobblehead photograph before we have to head home. We've got a Facebook account to update."

"Yes ma'am," Jim repeated with another salute before downing the last of his eggnog and grabbing his jacket.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans