- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Extra special shoutout to YB.

Monday, 20th December

"Has he accepted the friend request yet?" Jim asked as he made his way into the kitchen the following morning. 

"Not yet, but I'm sure he will," Pam smiled as she looked up from her laptop. "What do you want for breakfast?" She closed the laptop and then pushed her chair back from the table. 

"I'm not feeling so great, maybe just some toast and coffee?" he replied somewhat sheepishly. 

"Feeling those eggnogs still huh?" she smirked. 

"Something like that," he groaned as he sat down at the kitchen table. He toyed with the corner of the advent calendar before flipping it open and reaching for the envelope with ‘eight' written on it. "Alright, what do we have today then?" he asked with a smile at Pam who was taking the bread out of the refrigerator. He opened the envelope to reveal a postcard with a long scroll drawn on it. The scroll was covered in wiggly lines, acting as names, with tick boxes next to them. "He's making a list, he's checking twice. But has Dwight been naughty or nice?" he read out. "Ooh Dwight has most definitely been naughty this year," Jim laughed as he put the card on the table. "So what are we doing today then?" 

"Well you are going to write down everything that Dwight does today to see which list he's going to be on."

"Hmm, this kinda seems like it might be another prank on me," Jim said sceptically.

"Well, look at it this way, Dwight could either be really nice and get you your coffee all day, orrr he could clip his toenails at his desk again," she reasoned. 

"You make an excellent point there Beesly," Jim laughed. 

--

"No, no thank you," Dwight said into the receiver as Jim made his way over to his desk. "No, I wouldn't like to donate to the donkey sanctuary. No, no. Good day to you too." He slammed the receiver down and returned to his computer screen, tutting as he did so. 

"That didn't seem very nice, whatever that was," Jim said to Dwight as he turned his own computer on. 

"It wasn't very nice. It was the donkey sanctuary again asking for donations," Dwight tutted. 

"No, I meant you," Jim replied. "Why wouldn't you give them a donation?"

"Have you seen that place?" Dwight spat. "They have better accommodation than my own horses do. They have better food than I do. They don't need anymore money, that's for sure." 

"Interesting," Jim said as he took out a clipboard with a piece of paper on it and made a note. The paper was divided into two lists, with ‘naughty' and ‘nice' at the top of each side.

"What are you doing?" Dwight demanded, trying to snatch the clipboard from Jim.

"Uh uh uh," Jim tutted. "Never you mind." 

"Tell me what you're doing or I'll tell Michael." 

"Very interesting," Jim said as he made another note for ‘taletelling' underneath ‘uncharitable', both in the naughty column. 

-- 

"Shrute Farms," Dwight said as he flipped open his phone. He paused to listen to the person on the other end for a moment, before he reached into his drawer. He pulled out his B&B ledger and opened it to the bookmarked page. "We do have availability over New Year Eve. Will you be requiring our New Year's Eve entertainment package as well? No? Oh that's a shame you'll miss the horse banquet and the goat milking, not to mention the log tossing and the midnight chicken race. Shall I put you down just for the two rooms then? Yes. Ok, for two nights. Perfect. Thank you for choosing Shrute Farms." He hung up the phone and scribbled in the ledger before closing it and placing it back into the drawer. 

Jim quietly took out his clipboard and wrote ‘conducting personal business during work hours' in the naughty list. He tucked the pencil underneath the clip at the top, and put it back into his drawer.

"What was that?" Dwight asked, peering over Jim's desk. "What did you write?" But Jim just shook his head slightly, and picked up his phone. 

-- 

As Jim returned from the bathroom, he found Dwight rifling through his drawers. He stood by Stanley's desk with folded arms as he watched Dwight find the naughty and nice list and stare at it, completely aghast. 

"Whatcha got there Dwight?" Jim whispered over Dwight's shoulder. 

Dwight jumped at Jim's word and held the clipboard to his chest as if trying to hide it from Jim. "Um, nothing. Nothing at all," Dwight stammered, as he tried to slink down into his chair. Jim grabbed the clipboard as Dwight made it into his chair and began writing on it. "What are you writing?" Dwight stared up at Jim who was silent as he wrote ‘snoops through co-workers belongings' on the naughty list. He stood up again and tried to look at the clipboard, but Jim held it to his chest, blocking Dwight's view. "Why is there nothing on the nice list?" Dwight demanded. 

"Well, have you been nice today, Dwight?" Jim asked with a raised eyebrow as he slipped the clipboard into his desk and walked back towards the kitchen, leaving Dwight staring at his back.

--

"Hey, have you seen my lunch?" Jim asked Pam as he rooted through the refrigerator in the kitchen. 

"I put both of ours in there this morning," Pam said, bending down to look for the lost lunch. "At least mine is here. Wanna share and we can grab some extra chips from the vending machine?"

"Sure thing," he replied, a touch of sadness to his voice. "Just really wanted my baby carrots." 

They walked into the breakroom and stopped in surprise as they were greeted with Dwight, standing next to a white tablecloth covered table, where he had plated Jim's lunch. His ham and cheese sandwich was sitting on a plate, the baby carrots were in a small dish and there was a grape soda already poured into a glass, with the rest of the can sitting next to it. "What's all this Dwight?" Jim asked as he pulled out his chair to sit down. 

"Oh nothing, just thought I'd do something nice for you," Dwight smiled, "Enjoy your lunch!" he said before backing out of the breakroom. 

"Wow," Jim whispered as Pam broke into a fit of giggles. 

--

"What is going on?" Dwight shouted to his computer screen as Jim returned to his desk. 

"What's going on buddy?" Jim asked as he sat down and took out his clipboard from the drawer. 

"Somehow my bobblehead went on the rampage over the weekend and posted the evidence all over Facebook. And before you write anything down, I'm using my lunch break to look at Facebook, so I'm not using any company time for personal endeavours," Dwight explained. "I needed to check what Mose got up to last night as he didn't return home until gone 5am and he knows we need to milk the goats at 4.30am or it throws them off of their schedule." He took a breath and glanced back at his screen, full of photos of his bobblehead having a very festive time. He paused on the picture of the doll laying down amongst the empty glasses of eggnog. "And then I noticed a friend request from bobble Dwight. And look at everything he's done. Do you think he was kidnapped?"

"Well, he can't have been kidnapped, because he's right there Dwight," Jim said, pointing to the bobblehead. "And did you get a ransom note?" 

"Well, no."

"Well then, he clearly wasn't kidnapped. Looks like he had a great time though, whatever he did," Jim said as he wrote down ‘owner of a drunk and disorderly bobblehead' in the naughty column. 

"No, no, that's not my fault!" Dwight protested. 

"Sorry, Dwight. I don't make the rules," Jim shrugged.

--

By 5pm, Dwight had made Jim three cups of coffee, completed his expense report, filled out three new order forms and even brought him a candy bar for an afternoon snack, all of which Jim had dutifully noted down on the ‘nice' list, apart from the afternoon snack, which went on both lists due to Dwight being a ‘sugar pusher' but also ‘concerned for energy levels'. 

"Are you two doing anything enjoyable this evening?" Dwight asked as he passed by reception to collect his coat from the rack.

"Um, probably just some takeout and a movie," Jim said as he leaned on the reception desk. "How about you?"

"Just sampling some of the canned and pickled beets to try and find the best year. I hope you find the takeout agreeable," Dwight said with a slight bow before he left the office. 

"Wow," Pam giggled. "So how's it been having Dwight be nice all day?"

"Beesly, you might just be a genius," Jim laughed as he leaned over the desk to kiss her.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans