- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I’ve been wanting to write this for a long time, but as it turns out Scott pilgrim vs the world is actually really hard to write about. I’ve watched the movie and tv show about 5 times trying to come up with ideas. 

First chapter Is almost an introduction, and kinda boring but don’t worry I’ll make it more fun as it goes on :=)

some of the dialogue is directly from Scott pilgrim (don’t kill me) but a lot of it I wanted to make up myself. 

I don’t own neither the office or Scott pilgrim. If I did me and Jenna Fischer would be dating rn. 

Also, keep in mind, characters are really out of character. 

Enjoy please :)! Review!  

Author's Chapter Notes:
Introduction chapter! Basically anyways. 

There she is again.

My dream girl.

 

Suddenly Jim was awake again, on the floor as his roommate, Mark, had presumably pushed him off their shared bed sometime throughout the night. 

 

Mark Jones, 28

Jim's gay roommate

(Paid for everything in the house, including Jim's half of the rent.)

 

He saw her in every dream of his, in some way or another. Sometimes, she was painting in a grassy field, other times, he saw her rollerblading around him, muttering words he never fully understood, or she was in the background of dreams that didn't make sense for her to be in at all. 

 

He didn't know her, but he knew she was his dream girl, even in the little he learned of her in his subconscious, she was everything he wanted.

 

"Dude..why are you on the floor..staring at the wall.?" His roommate Mark asked, voice still semi-heavy with sleep.

 

"I saw her again! I was just in a desert..then she told me to wake up and rollerbladed away!" Jim replied, standing back up on his feet, turning to face Mark. 

 

"Uh-huh..what about your fake, ex cheerleader girlfriend?" Mark asked 

 

Katy Moore, 26 

Ex-cheerleader

Jim's kinda girlfriend?

 

"She's not a fake girlfriend, we held hands..we almost kissed once but then she saw her friends and got distracted so.." Jim replied.

 

"Right. Well, when do you plan on you know. Getting a job and maybe buying your own bed. Or even your share of the rent." Mark replied, finally getting out of bed.

 

"Uh well..oh! I'm bringing Katy to band practice today! So you can finally meet her!" Jim replied, changing the subject.

 

"Yeah. Real excited to meet your fake girlfriend."

 

"She's not fake!"

 

***

"Oh! What about this Green Day album?" Katy asked, waking up and down aisles of CDs, ruffling through each of them.

 

"Oh uh..yeah they're fine I guess. But they have a Gin blossom's one right here."

 

"They're awesome too! I just think it's so totally cool you have your own band, I mean you're just so awesome." Katy replied, unintentionally changing the subject. 

 

"Yeah it's cool I guess."

 

"OMG! Jim, look! It's Karen Fillipelli's band! Isn't she so great!" Katy spat out, holding out a CD.

 

Karen Filipelli, 27

Broke Jim's heart after leaving him for a cocky-cool boy

Lead singer in a relatively famous band, named clash at demon head.

 

"What..no! I mean, they're not that awesome.." Jim responded, basically snatching the dvd out of Katy's hand.

 

"Mmm oh.." Katy replied wistfully, going back to shuffling through CDs.

 

*** 

"Do we really have to go to this boutique again? We were just here last week." Jim asked, walking up the stairs, following Katy to the second floor of Rosewood Boutique

 

"Yes Jim! I know the owner and she tells me when new items arrive, oh and she gives me really good discounts! Like 20% off everything!" Katy replied, shuffling through what seemed to be endless amounts of fashionable blouses.

 

"Yeah..okay. I'm going downstairs to use the bathroom. I'll be right back."  Jim muttered, walking back down the stairs, when halfway down, he saw Her.

 

My dream girl. 

 

She was talking to the owner, handing her a package before leaving, catching his eye for only a second before walking out the door completely.

 

Completely forgetting about why he was coming downstairs in the first place, he immediately ran to the register to talk to the manager. 

 

"Hey! Kelly! That uh girl who just left. Do you know who she is or..?" 

 

"Jim! That's Pam Beesly. She just moved here from New York City! I am so like totally jealous that she got to live there. You know- my boyfriend moved there without telling me and I was sooo mad at him. But I forgave him when he told me he'd let me visit on the weekends!"

 

Kelly kapoor, 24 

In an on and off, totally casual, but let's get married 

tomorrow, but totally casual no real feelings relationship.

Knows practically everyone in Scranton

 

"Yeah..anyways what do you know about her?"

 

"Oh she just got out of a relationship. It was so messy! He's like crazy obsessed with her. Wait. Jim don't even think about making a move on her! She's too good for you, and you like to break girls' hearts!" Kelly replied, suddenly hostile towards him. 

 

"Hey no I don't..and it's none of your business what I do!" Jim replied. 

 

"Well..she's gonna be at my party tonight. But don't even think of trying to flirt with her!" 

 

"I got it, I got it!" Jim replied, heading to the restroom before returning upstairs.

 

*** 

"So. Your ‘fake' girlfriend is gonna come watch us play?" Andy asked, plugging his guitar into a speaker. 

 

Andy Bernard , 28

Cornell grad turned poor indie bass guitar player 

Only in the band out of desperation of needing bass. 

 

Haven given up trying to convince people she's an actual girlfriend, Jim just sighed waiting for the sound of his girlfriends knocking. 

 

"Is she gonna distract you from playing? If so, I don't want her here at all." Angela quipped, hands folded across her chest with a snarky look on her face. 

 

Angela Martin, 25

Stuck up drum player. 

Went to the same highschool as Jim.

Dating(maybe?) Dwight shrute.

 

"No why would she-" Jim tried in defending himself before being cut off. 

 

KNOCK KNOCK! Echoed through the house.

 

Jim opened the door to Katy, her giving him a hug before leading herself to the couch in front of the band set up.

 

"Hey! You're pretty early." Jim said, setting up his own guitar.

 

"Yeah well, I just couldn't wait! Ahh I'm so excited!" Katy squealed, clapping her hands. 

 

***

"Why do we have to go to this party again?" Angela asked, following behind Jim and Andy. 

 

"Because! We're supporting Kelly! And..maybe my dream girl is gonna be here." Jim replied.

 

"Really? You're still going on about that? I highly doubt she even exists dude." Mark said, toying with his jacket.

 

"No she does! I saw her! Just today at rosewood!"

 

"Are you sure you're not hallucinating?" Angela remarked, walking slightly faster to be in front.

 

"Kelly said she'd be here so.." Jim replied, walking to the front door of Kelly's house before knocking.

 

"Hey guys!! Oh. And Jim. Come in!" Kelly squealed, opening the door to let them in. 

 

Once inside, he conversed with a few people, looking only for one person the entire time.

 

And then, he saw her, leaning against a wall, cup in hand, staring at her feet. He wasted no time jogging up to her, desperate for conversation.

 

"Hey!" He said once next to her, causing Pam to flinch a bit before softening and replying.

 

"Hi."

 

They sat in awkward silence for a minute, Jim, desperate to keep conversation with this cool girl, spoke again. 

 

"…if you were stranded on an island and could only take 3 movies, which would you take?" Jim asked, almost immediately cringing at his choice of words. 

 

"..uh..are you really trying to play desert island?" Pam asked, snarking.

 

"It's a fun game..and I can get to know more about you." Jim replied, feeling even more deflated. If possible. 

 

"Well..I guess I'd choose Fargo, uh, Sweeney todd, and the princess bride."  Pam replied, playing with the rim of her cup. 

 

"Oh! Fun fact! Did you know Helena Bonham and Johnny Depp didn't only play in Sweeney todd together, they actually played in like 6 movies together!" Jim replied

 

Pam was silent again, the only sound escaping her being a slight, almost inaudible, "ah" and head nod,

 

"I guess I'll just leave you alone now..forever.." Jim said, practically running away from her. 

 

Jim proceeded to stalk her the entire party. 

 

And then still asked everyone he knew about her after she left, until he got what he needed. 

 

"Oh! I heard she works at this paper company called Dunder Mifflin! She's a receptionist but I'm pretty sure she delivers products as well!" Erin said, smiling at Jim with her boyfriend basically glued to her side.

 

"Great. Thanks!" Jim replied to her. 

 

***

Jim was on his (Marks) computer, searching for the dunder mifflin website, hoping Pam beesly would come deliver him paper. 

 

Did he need 3 boxes of paper? Well..No. but if it meant Pam would be at his doorstep, he'd buy it. 

 

"Should I order egg shell white or cream colored?" Jim asked, still scrolling through the website. 

 

"Does it matter? And hey- are you using my card again?" Mark replied, moving behind Jim, looking at the screen. 

 

"Uh" Jim responded, quickly placing an order with Mark's card before he could tell him to stop.

 

"They don't deliver on weekends, so I guess I'll just have to wait for 2 days.." said Jim, mood deflated at the news.

 

"Poor baby." Mark replied, before getting into bed.

 

***

It's 9:34 in the morning on a Monday. Jim somehow knows that despite being asleep. 

 

Suddenly, his dream setting changed, and he was in an art gallery. Confused, he began to wander around it. 

 

"What? Why am I in an art gallery.." 

 

He heard the sound of a door opening, and the sight of her. She was carrying what seemed to be a duffel bag. Completely ignoring his existence, she moved to another door and rang the doorbell. 

 

He heard the doorbell ring, he didn't know if it was in his dream or not, until well.

 

"Get the door!" Mark yelled, pushing Jim out of bed.

 

"Jesus dude alright." Jim grumbled before going to open the door, revealing Pam beesly, standing at the door holding a duffel bag and clipboard in her hands. 

 

"Paper delivery for Jim halpert?" She said, looking up at him. 

 

"Oh! Yeah that's uh me. Hey, we met at the party, remember? Kelly's party?" Jim asked, a hopeful look on his face. 

 

Pam looked puzzled for a minute before speaking again

 

"Oh. You're the guy who wanted to play desert island, then told me facts about Johnny depp?" Pam asked, despite knowing the answer. 

 

"Oh no..that wasn't me..I mean who tries to play desert island at a party ha..ha" Jim responded, rubbing his hand behind his head. 

 

"Right..anyways, can you sign?" Pam asked, holding out the clipboard further.

 

"Would you wanna go out with me?" Jim responded.

 

"Uh..No. Can you sign?" Pam repeated. 

 

"I mean it can just be casual..like not a real first date or anything just..you know. Hanging out?" Jim asked again.

 

"If I agree, will you sign for your package?" 

 

"Yes! Yes I uh will, do you have a pen?" Jim asked

 

Handing him a pen, and him signing, Pam handed him his package before asking for details on their "date" 

 

"So..tonight at 7?" Pam asked, confirming the time.

 

"Yes! Well, it's a date then!" Jim responded, smiling at her, happy with himself. 

 

"Yeah." Pam responded herself, turning to leave with a slight blush on her face, though not admitting it to anyone (including herself) excited for the date.



Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed! I don’t have a beta reader so I had to eye all of it myself, so if I made a spelling error please tell me and I’ll go and edit it. Thank you!


receptionistitis15 is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans