- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

For those who are concerned, yes, there will be a chapter for Jim and Pam's wedding...but it's going to be the last chapter. Thanks for all the positive feedback!
“Fact: I proposed to my secret girlfriend last night.”

--

“I don’t see how it’s any of your business, but, yes, I am getting married.”

--

They manage to keep it a secret for about a week. Then Kelly spots the ring. “OH MY GOD, ANGELA!?! Are you getting married?!”

After that the cat’s out of the bag. Dwight declares it to Toby as an official office relationship and Michael starts planning a bachelor party. Pam starts dropping by her desk more often. “Have you set a date?” she’ll ask on her way to the supply closet, and “If you want any help dress shopping, I’m kind of a pro,” she’ll say on her way back. At first it’s annoying, but when she finds a pile of wedding magazines on her desk one morning she starts to get excited.

She used to dream about these sorts of things when she was a little girl, with a modest white dress and a beautiful veil. Her father has long since passed away, so he won’t be able to walk her down the aisle, but her mother flies in from Florida and starts helping her with the plans.

They’ll be getting married at her church of course, with the minister she grew up with. She asks some friends from the choir to be her bridesmaids, and agrees to let Dwight ask Michael to be a groomsman. Of course, Mose will be his Best Man. She takes Pam up on the offer to go dress shopping, but thinks most of Pam’s selections are whorish. She finds an inexpensive floor-length white dress that covers everything that needs covering and a veil with intricate embroidery. She thinks her father would be proud of her.

It’s a lot of work to plan a wedding, she discovers, and while she still disapproves, she has to give Pam some credit for planning two. She couldn’t do it. Not that she’ll ever need to. If, God forbid, Dwight should die, she won’t re-marry…and divorce is not an option.

The day of, she wakes up early. She’s never been one for wild displays of excitement, but she allows herself a few good smiles while she’s alone in her bedroom. She joins her mother in the kitchen for a healthy breakfast and feeds the cats. Kelly and Ryan are taking care of them while she’s away.

On the way to the church they get stuck in traffic. The kind where you inch along so slowly you don’t really believe you’re moving at all. When they finally get there she barely has time to change before the wedding march starts playing.

She walks down the aisle on her own. She doesn’t recognize everyone who’s there, Dwight invited some obscure family members and she doesn’t know everyone at her church. The pews closest to the front are filled with people from Dunder-Mifflin, all of them smiling at her, like they might actually like her, sometimes.

At the reception she makes sure Dwight keeps Michael away from the microphone. She’s heard him give enough embarrassing toasts to know she doesn’t want to hear another one. There’s no dancing, but everyone’s chattering and laughing. Dwight tells her she looks “like a beet field at first light,” which she knows to be a compliment, though even four years into this relationship she hasn’t adjusted to being compared to dirt and she allows him to kiss her on the cheek.

--

“Fact: I am officially off the market.”

--

“I’d rather not talk about my personal life. But, yes, it was very nice.”

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans