- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This originally started as one Pam/Toby-esque drabble I posted on LJ, but as I added some others, I decided to go a different route. Plus, drabbles are so much fun to write. More will be added, and they will most likely be AU. Well, we'll see how the next couple episodes go, then who knows? The quotes in italics at the beginning of each section are quotes from songs on my Office/Jim&Pam playlist....Each will be credited in the Author's Notes. This first one is from Sway by Bic Runga.

[I’m practicing your name so I can say it to your face…]

 

She tests the barrel of the curling iron, licking her finger and lightly brushing the hot metal, anticipating the sizzle. As she wraps a section of her hair around and around, she bites her lip both as a way to stay calm and to stay focused, not burn the tips of her fingers. Again. She had been worried, checking the weather every day to make sure the humidity wouldn't be working against her. But everything is falling into place. She releases a curl, springy and smooth. She allows herself to smile. The morning has started right. It's a good day.

 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans